Passing Time

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2OFPvYxZuY > > MAMAMOO's DECALCOMANIE

credits to: CJENMUSIC

 


 

"Part ways we must... But forget me not..."

 

Almost two months after getting married and instead of going immediately to their honeymoon, the two decided to push it back to a later date because of duties that needed Eric's special attention and students who clearly needed Yongsun's presence because the supposed substitute teacher decided to bale on them the last minute due to a better offer.

At first, after moving in with the Kim family home, Eric and Yongsun felt very awkward having to share a room together but her husband made sure that she felt comfortable and reassured her that nothing will happen until they were both ready. Days and weeks passed, after waking up with his arms wrapped around her waist and her head on his chest, Yongsun didn't feel too alarmed, and instead feeling awkward, she felt really comfortable and relaxed deciding to stay a while.

It wasn't just the sleeping together that changed between them. It's also the skinship and although they've never really spoken about it, they are undoubtedly falling for each othe rmore and more. Well, atleast she is.

A smile tugged her lips.

"Heads in the clouds again, my dear?" The head matron of the school broke her reverie and she almost jumped to the ceiling like a surprised cat.

"A-aniyo." She said blushing a little.

"Aigoo. Young love." The chubby middle aged matron chuckled. "Anyways, your husband came by a little while earlier."

Yongsun looked a little confused. "Oppa was here?"

"Yes, he was. You were giving an extra lesson to one of the kids and he didn't want to disturb you. He just came and asked if we've found a substitute for you yet." Mrs. Jo said giving her a knowing look.

"A substitute? Why?" She asked.

Mrs. Jo sometimes wants to facepalm herself when talking to this pretty fool. "Deary, it's been almost two months since you two have gotten married. It's way pass time that you two have gone to your honeymoon."

"E-eoh." Yongsun blushed and scratched her head in embarassment.

Mrs. Jo chuckled and she shyly joined in before they heard a knock on the door.

"Tok, tok. Am I disturbing something here?" Eric appeared and Yongsun ran to him excitedly giving him a hug. "Well, nice to see you too." He said grinning and giving her a quick peck.

"Aigoo~. To be young and in love." The old woman sighed in feeling envious and happy for the couple. "Run along now, you two better get packing if you're going to that honeymoon of yours on time."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Jo. We won't be going until next week. I just hope you can find a substitute for her." He said.

"Oh! Don't worry about it. I've actually made a call to your referal and he agreed to do it without hesitation." She said.

"Really? Just like that?"

"Yes. And seeing as he can be busy at times, Byulyi volunteered to cover his tough days. In fact, I'll be meeting the both of them tomorrow to make a schedule which means you can leave for your honeymoon earlier than planned." Mrs. Jo merrily clasped her hands.

"Byulyi? My Moon Byulyi?" Yongsun asked. 

"Neh."

"Ottoke?" She asked looking at Eric who was sheepishly smiling at her.

"I might have mention it to her or something."

"And I'm guessing you 'might've mentioned it' everybody else as well before me." She said pouting.

Eric's system was on alert immediately. 

"Tch. Forget it." She said and turned to Mrs. Jo. "I'll be going ahead now, Ma'am."

"Eoh. Be safe, dear." She said giggling at the petty fight between the two. She watched as Eric bowed her goodbye and followed his wife like a lost pup.

 

With the mention of nejantang and tteokbokki, Eric smiled inwardly at his success and now, they were at her favorite quaint restaurant eating her nejangtang.

"This is so good!" She cried happily taking a spoonful for him and another for her.

"Am okay now?" He asked to which she shrugged and gave him a tteokbokki. "I'll take that as a yes." He said with his mouth full of rice cake.

"I'm still upset th-at you told everyone else before me." She said.

"Oh, come on. I just wanted to surprise you." He said and nudged her cutely with his head. "Yongddong-ah~" He cooed continuously and eventually got her giggling and smiling.

"Arasso. Aish." She said and continued eating, feeding herself and doing the same for her husband.

"Huh. You guys are so easy to track down." Byul appeared taking the seat in front of them.

"Byul? What are you doing here?" Eric asked as his wife had filled with the food.

"Halmoni's been trying to call you but you wouldn't answer her calls." She answered taking on of the chopsticks and poking a tteok for herself.

"Please tell me you didn't skip lunch again." Yongsun asked and the girl only grinned at her. "Chamna. Ahjussi! One more order of nejangtang please!"

"Assa!" She exclaimed as Eric excused himself to get his phone from the car.

"Are you that busy to forget to eat? If you're so busy working on some project, I'll have Mrs. Jo take you off as a substitute." Yongsun nagged feeding the girl another tteok while they wait for her nejangtang.

"Andwae." The blonde quickly stopped the girl. "You two are going to that trip even if I have to force you inside the plane myself."

"Tch."

"By the way, any plans for tonight?" Byul asked before chomping on another tteok.

"None. Why?"

"The kids are free tonight and they want to go have fun." THe blonde said and clapped her hands merrily as the ajhussi brought over her food.

"I don't know." She answered playing with her tteok before eating it.

"What don't you know?" Eric appeared and she almost choked on the spicy food. He quick to aid her discomfort by handing her a glass of water and rubbing her back.

"You really are a pabbo shjussi. Tch." Byul said kicking him under the table.

"Ack! Yah!"

"Mwoh?" She dared him then grinned when he just sneered at her. "Anyway, are you coming or not?"

"Coming where?" Eric asked wiping Yongsun's face.

"The girls are taking us out for some fun time tonight and they really really want this unnie to come because they miss her so so much." Note the emphasis on her guilt tripping either Eric or Yongsun or maybe both.

Eric creased his brow and turned to his wife. "Don't tell me you're not going?"

"Well, I thought maybe you wouldn't want me to go?" She answered with her voice toning down as she finished the sentence.

"Why would I not?" He said. "You should go. I've been cooping you up for weeks now and I wouldn't want to be selfish keeping you for myself. You should go and have fun." He said playfully nudging her in the shoulder.

"Really?" She asked and he nodded with a big smile on his face. Out of excitement, she leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips just as they heard a shutter and a flash of light ruin their tiny moment.

"What the?"

"And another for my collection." Byul, the ever greasy and sappy girl, said quickly hiding her phone before any of the two could snatch it.

"Yah. Moon Byulyi." Yongsun glared at her only to be greeted with an innocent look.

 

"Alright! Yong mama is comin' out!" Hyejin greeted from the living room as soon as Yongsun appeared from the stairs.

"Hey unnie." Wheein greeted from the sofa looking like she'd just lost her puppy.

"Nice to see the two of you. Did your promotions finally end?" She asked to which Hyejin shrugged and Wheein nodded. "Good. Are we going? Wait. Where's Byul?"

"She's with your man." Hyejin answered pointing towards the kitchen.

"Why?"

"Don't know." Wheein replied. "They've been very secretive since we got here."

"Huh."

"I wouldn't worry about it." Hyejin said reassuring her creased eyebrows.

"Hmm? I'm not worried. More like curious." She answered and took her wedge off and started sneaking towards the kitchen.

Without making a word, the two followed suite like her tails and did as she had done as they walked quietly close to the kitchen door.

 

"But do you really think this is a good idea? I mean..." They heard Eric sigh stressing out about something.

"You've been together for almost two whole months and I've given you enough leeway to tell her yourself but you still haven't done anything." Byul argued.

"B-but..."

"But nothing. I don't want my unnie getting the wrong idea and surely you yourself don't want that too."

They watched as Eric rub the back of his neck. "Do I really have to do it now?"

"Yes. Well... Not now now. Maybe on or after your honeymoon?" She suggested.

"But its so..." Eric groaned in misery as she glared at him.

"Ahjussi stop. Keep it up and I'll tell her myself. Wonder how she'll react to that." Byul can be very good at blackmailing someone when she wanted to. 

"Tell me what?" 

 

"OH MY GOD!"

Her husband jumped like a jittery chihuahua while Byul shrieked her head off.

"Unnie!" The blonde scolded the girl.

"Mwoh? Tell me what?" She asked placing her shoes back on.

Eric walked to her side holding her by the waist to make sure she doesn't fall off doing what's she's doing.

"It's nothing." Byul answered regaining her composure.

"You two are being awefully sneaky." Hyejin pointed out.

"Be quiet." She told of the maknae. "Anyway, let's get going?"

"But. What do you need to tell me?" Yongsun asked Eric who seemed flustered not knowing how to answer.

He looked at her and then at Byul who gave her an icy warning before turning to look at his wife again. Laughing awkwardly, he said, "I-It's nothing. You should all get going."

"But... But..."

"Go. You need a night off." He said hugging her by the waist.

 

"Are they always like this?" Hyejin asked as the three of them moved quietly out of the couple's kitchen.

"Trust me, this is nothing." Byul answered shaking her head and then turned to Wheein noticing her quiet state. The girl looked as if she was out of the present and "What is it?"

Wheein didn't say anything and just gave her a trying smile before hiding her head again.

Byul looked at Hyejin who gave her a silent nod.

"Huh. I guess tonight is the perfect night for a drink." She said then turned to the direction of the kitchen and yelled, "Mrs. Nam! Let's get going! Someone here needs a pile of somaek in their system stat!"

"Want me to punish you for shouting inside the house again?" Yongsun appeared behind her making the two maknaes laugh and Byul jump out in surprise.

"You know, we've been friends for almost half of our lives and I still can't help wondering if your family had any feline association." Byul said pulling Wheein back to her side.

"And I can't help but associate you with some weird whack-o." She said smacking the girl's bum.

"Unnie!" The girl blushed as Eric laughed with the two maknaes.

"Get the car ready, I'll be with you three in a minute." She said and they did just that.

 

"Are you s-sure you don't need me to stay for anything?" Yongsun asked ask Eric wrapped a hand on her waist walking her to the door.

Her man just chuckled. "Yeobo, what is this about really?"

Yongsun fiddles with his sleeve and looked at him with her puppy eyes. "I don't know."

He chuckled and took her hands in his. "Whatever it is, you can tell me. But right now, I suggest you go before the girls come back in here and drag you out."

Yongsun pouted and looked at him with her puppy eyes once more before sighing and walking to the door.

"Hey." He pulled her back and gave her a smoldering kiss and a quick peck before. "Have fun okay?"

She nodded her head too shy to look at her husband in the eyes.

*BEEEPPP!!!

"Urgh! Can't I just turn mute again or something?" She said and he just laughed pulled her towards the door.

"Go out with your friends and have fun." He said helping with her seatbelt then giving a peck on the cheek before turning his attention to the girls. "Be nice ladies." He ruffled Wheein's hair before closing the door and watched the car turn the corner before heading back inside.

 

"Woah! Shake it PupWhee! Oh yeah!" Hyejin hollered as she, Yongsun and Wheein danced along to the beat in the middle of the dance floor while their blonde sister danced somewhere else on the side.

"Oh yeah!" They laughed their drunk hearts out ignoring the people around them who were gawking and whispering at the two famous hot and y beagle-idols.

Yongsun, being the oldest unnie, and feeling the stares of the other dancers, felt a little pumped and hot, told the girls that she'll be resting for a bit only the two decided to follow her as well to their private booth. She didn't sit with the others immediately as she felt an urge to look for their other friend only to see her through the one sided glass wall dancing in the corner with a familiar figure. She just couldn't point a finger to who he is.

"Where's Byul unnie?" Hyejin asked pouring the beat up Wheein some water.

"She's... She's having some fun." Yongsun grinned closing the door and sitting next to Wheein.

"Hot guy?" Comanie asked matching her grin.

"Very."

The two jumped out of their seats and ran towards the glass wall to see who she was dancing with.

Wheein gasped so loud and Hyejin clucked her tongue.

"Well. Well. Who knew Kyujong oppa liked going into clubs." Hyejin commented giggling at the way the thirty year old danced along with their Byul unnie.

"He is such an ahjussi with those moves!" Wheein said clapping her hands.

"Kyujong oppa?" Yongsun asked joining the two.

"Yeap." Wheein answered. "Look. Even with the glasses, and different hair color, I can easily tell that it's oppa but it seems like unnie doesn't." She added indicating the fact where usually Byul would be that cooped up shy girl hiding herself from people she barely know.

Hyejin shrugged. "I wouldn't worry about it. She's had far too much to drink and what we're seeing now is the very very fun side of our single and very much available workaholic of an unnie."

"And to think you would want to protect your beloved unnie." Yongsun asked.

"Oh, come on. You are not going to start playing big sister on her right now, unnie." Hyejin commented watching the sudden change in the unnie's mood.

"Come on. You know what I mean." She answered.

Wheein wrapped her arms around the unnie and said, "Don't worry. Oppa's a great guy. He's Eric oppa's bestfriend and... Hyejin and I might've met him a couple of times and even treated us to snacks and lunch."

"He did?" 

"Yeah." Hyejin answered and started grabbing their purses. "How about we get out of here?"

"What? What about Byul?" She asked taking the purse from the maknae.

"She's safe with him. I'll text him and ask him to bring her home later." Hyejin said opening the door for them.

"But where are we going?" She asked.

"I'm hungry. How about we go get some chicken?" Wheein suggested.

She couldn't help but contemplate on whether to leave and go with the girls without Byul or to stay and watch over her friend. But thinking about Hyejin's counter, she knew that the two are right.

And so with a heavy sigh, she followed the two.

"I hope you two know what you are doing." Yongsun said to herself.

 

 

   
   
   

 

 

*N: WOHOO!

    That was fast. It's been a while since I've managed to write a whole chapter in less than 24 hours.

    I know there isn't much of the Ddongie couple moments but I hope you liked it. :D

    By the way, about the couple leaving the show, we all know it was inevitable and that they are bound to be cut off. We just didn't realize it would be this soon. Although there were obvious signs, such as their luxury trip, the song 'I Wish You Love' that Yongddongie played on the yatch, them getting closer and closer together, MAMAMOO's comeback schedule becoming more busy with their comeback. And really, I can't help but hate the PD's still. It's like they enjoy making the fans giddily excited only to have us plunging to depression when the couples start getting close together. I know it's not always like that but still...

     Anyway... that's my two cents on the about the two leaving. LEAVING .... it sounds so.... *sigh....

    Please don't forget to enjoy, subscribe and comment. And of course, I'm grateful for everyone. And do not.... I REPEAT... DO NOT FORGET TO WATCH & LISTEN TO MAMAMOO's NEW SONG AND MV.