In Betweens

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

D-1

After days, weeks and months of training, practice and praparation, Yongsun and Byul were more than ready for their debut as Mamamoo's hidden cards on their upcoming comeback stage happening in less than 26 hours.

 

Atleast...

 

That's what their mentors thought so.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"I'm sorry I can't attend your debut stage, hon." Eric sighed as he sat on his hotel bed with his attention on the laptop screen. "I know I-"

"Hajima, yeobo." Yongsun said cutting him off. "I told you, right? It's okay. there'll be there stages and events you can attend."

"I just... I just wanted to be with you and share that moment with you, hon. I really wanted to share this moment because this is your dream and I'm feeling so greedy wanting to take part in achieving your dream." He said feeling a little down.

"I know, oppa. But the thing is, even before the trip, you have and are already helping me achieve my dream." Yongsun gave him a warm smile. "The first two weeks were hard but with your help, I felt everything lighten up and even through our video calls I can feel your support and I'm very grateful for that because at the end of every tiring days, you're there to cheer me up. I just hope I'm doing the same for you... S-supporting you in achieving your dream, I mean." She said shyly mumbling the last part.

"Kyeowo~" Eric cooed drooling for her cuteness.

She whined at his compliment but liked it anyway ducking her head to hide her silly smile.

"And yeobo," his tone made her look up to see him with that smile of his making her heart race. "You are. Having to talk to you, even though we're thousands and thousands of miles away, I feel how much you support me. There's not a day that I wake up or go to bed wanting to have you by my side sharing this moment as well. And also, you are right. In a weird sense, we are sharing our dreams together."

 

D-Day

"Oppa! D-did you watch it?! Did you hear them?!" Yongsun was jumping on her toes as she held her phone up talking via video phone with her husband.

"Eoh, yeobo." Eric nodded chuckling at his wife's excitement. "I just finished watching and you did really great! You and the girls did great but you're still the best!" He said trying to whisper the latter only to hear gagging noises from the background.

Yongsun giggled giving the girls a merong only to be pushed aside and her phone being taken from her.

"Yah! Ahjussi! I better have a friggin huge box of chocolate when you comeback!" Byul, or in her current persona, Moonbyul yelled over the phone. "It was hard handing her to you and even harder when she sleepover-"

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Haji-" Yongsun interjected but was pushed back down on the couch.

"She used to be a steady sleeper and now she just treats me like a dutchwife!" The blonde exclaimed in exaggeration.

"Oppa, me too." It was Wheein who grabbed the phone this time. "She asks me to sleepover only to wake up in the guest room with her like a koala hugging a tree. Chocolate." She said handing the phone to Hyejin.

"Yo. Bring me whatever." The chic girl said handing  Yongsun back her phone.

 

Two weeks later...

After a highly praised stage and greeting their sunbaes, Mamamoo along with the staff, returned to the waiting room to pack up and rest while waiting for the program to finish. Thankfully, they didn't have any following schedules, meaning they won't be rushing out again after the show.

"Ah~ I'm so hungry." Wheein whined as they got off the stage being greeted by their manager unnie. "Can we have something else beside chicken tonight, unnie? Please." The kid pleaded with her puppy eyes.

"Uh-"

"We don't have any schedules for the next three days so I think CEO Kim J will allow it. Right, unnie?" Hyejin asked with her blank expression still scaring their beloved manager even after a year and a half of being together.

"Yah. I told you to stop scaring your manager." CEO Kim Jihoon said greeting them in the hallway.

"Eoh? Huijang-nim? Why are you here?" Byul asked after they all bowed.

"Wae? Is it wrong for me to visit? Should I go now?" The man mockingly asked. "Should I take these with me then?"

The girls saw the plastic bags of snacks and drinks placed next to him and they immediately did their best to appease the boss.

While peacefully having their snacks inside the waiting room, Yongsun couldn't help but notice the CEO who kept looking her way and immediately looked away after when she caught him. She was about to ask him when the stylist unnie told her to get on the chair so that she can fix her hair.

After removing all the pins and brushing Yongsun's hair, the stylist said that she had to put hairspray on it so she took one of those weird eye masked and placed it on her.

"Unnie, we don't have a schedule later so why are you going to spray it?" She asked but instead of hearing an answer, she heard a bunch of feet shuffling, hushed whispers and the door clicking. "Unnie? Unnie?"

She was about to turn around when someone held her head in place and started brushing it again.

"Unnie, why aren't you answering me?" She asked one more time only to hear a familiar chuckle.

"Yah~ Your hair seems to have grown a little longer." 

Yongsun froze for a moment before getting off the chair and rashly taking the mask off to reveal her surprised wide eyes.

"Hi, love. I'm home.

Eric greeted with his arms wide open and she jumped him holding him tight afraid that she'll wake up and realize it was all a dream.

 

Two months after Eric's Project...

Since Eric's coming home, the couple's relationship has been nothing but busy and blissful as they go on with their daily life. So far, while Eric worked hard to compile projects he wanted to be presented on his next exhibit, Yongsun has also been very diligent in working hard continuing her training while promoting as Mamamoo. Even with their busy schedules, no matter the time, they would always come home making sure to spend time with each other.

Everything was nothing but blissful. More so, that was what Eric thought until he received a call from an angry Kyujong who told him to 'get his stupid up here'. The call ended briefly with just that and he was left dumbfounded to what had gotten his friend riled up like that until he received a call a minute later from someone at RBW telling him to come to the company as there was an incident.

It didn't take a second for things to click.

Receiveing a call of emergency right after his friend's, Eric grabbed his keys and drove towards his wife's work place using the quickest route.

Arriving at the company, he was surprised to see the security waiting for him to him where his wife is. When the elevator reached the third floor, he was about to get off when the security guard stopped him and told him that everyone was in the forth floor. He made an attempt to ask the man where his wife was but the man simply answered that he was just told to him to the conference room on the forth floor.

 

"O-oppa." Yongsun stood up at the sight of her husband. W-why?.. Who?... She turned to her right and saw Kyujong simply gave her an impassive look before turning his head back to Byul who he had been guarding for the past half hour.

"Yongsun-ah!" Eric ran to his wife grabbing her in a tight hug. A few seconds later, he pulled out and held her out  checking if she was hurt anywhere.

Yongsun held one of his hands and pulled him to sit beside her. "W-why are you here? W-who called you"

Eric furrowed his brow at how those questions sounded like he was intruding at something. "Someone from the company called about an incident. I thought you or the girls must've been in an accident so I rushed over." He explained and with his free hand, he caressed her cheek. "What happened?"

She looked back to Byul who was staring into space out the window and to Kyujong who was just standing there beside her. She contemplated on whether to tell her husband or not but since there worst fear had already happened even though they had prayed hard and acted cautiously from the start.

"Yongsun?" Her husband pinched her cheek lightly on the cheek gaining her attention back.

Sighing, she looked at him with pleading eyes. "Please don't get angry."

"Why-"

 

Eric was about to ask why she said that when the door opened again with the company CEOs followed by three teenagers (new trainees in the company) and then finally by a man with his head wrapped up in bandage being escorted by the same security personnel who brought Eric there.

"Hello, Eric-ssi. It's nice to see you again despite the circumstances." CEO Dohoon greeted and asked everybody to take a seat.

After everyone had been seated -including the man who had his wrists cuffed was seated to the corner of the room with the guard standing beside him, Eric turned to the company heads and asked what is going on. 

"The truth is, as of an hour ago, me and my colleaugues had no idea what was going on until the incident so it would be best if Yongsun-ssi or Byul-ssi would start off this... this..."

"Meeting." CEO Hwang filled in for the head CEO.

"Yes. Let's call it that." Dohoon nodded and turned his head towards Yongsun and Byul. "Yongsun-ssi? Byul-yang?"

Eric looked at his wife then to Byul who had her head hanging low but he could see how she was biting her lip desperately.

 

Without waiting for him to ask, Yongsun started talking recalling the everything but in a summarized sequence emphasizing every detail that needed to be told.

Here's the rundown;

         A month into their training,  Jo Junwook -erted trainer, started harassing the girls with violent and very very degrading words before he got physical throwing chairs and breaking things in their training room. His harassment then escalated to physical harm where he would 'accidentally' trip and spill hot coffee on them (which happened thrice); bend down on the hallway to tie his shoes and extend his feet to trip them (this happened numerous times); at different situations, he would stretch his arms out and accidentally hit them (again, a couple of times).

        He had done so much more but compared to those times, the three listed were the harshest his done and even topped it off with what he had done today.

 

"I've heard what the security personnel had to say when he came to the room but not the exact details." CEO Hwang said after a pause from Yongsun's explanation. "What happened before he arrived, I want to hear it from you yourselves. And I will have to hear your stories right after." He said pointing to the three other girls seating on the other side.

Eric took noticed at how his wife looked at the girls with such worry in her eyes as she would've looked at her own dongsaengs. He wasn't sure but he sensed that his wife must be somewhat close to the girls as they looked at the two with a small smile.

Yongsun sighed but returned their smile before facing the heads with a forced calm facade.

"Compared to those times, this trainer out did his acts when he came to the training room yelling at us t-"

" Y-"

The trainer didn't get to finish his interruption when the guard forced his mouth shut with a log book he was holding making him wince in pain as it also hit his broken nose. 

Seeing as everyone ignored him, Yongsun continued. "He was yelling at us for using too much electricity even though we were only using the backdrop lighting and after having enough of his idiocy, I talked back and threatened him that I'd come straight to Kim Dohoon huijang-nim if he didn't stop what he was doing. He took it badly and as he was about to hit me, Byul pulled me aside taking the hit for me. That's when Kyujong sunbae-nim came in and defended us."

 

Eric felt his gut jerk after hearing what his wife and Byul had to endure for the past couple of months without him realizing about it. The heads then turned to the three girls who told a similar story but he blocked it all out criticizing himself for being - as Kyujong called him - a stupid  only finding out about it when things got to this extent. 

"Eric-ssi?" CEO Dohoon called his name the third time but it seemed like he was out totally out of it.

"Oppa." Yongsun called out squeezing his hands and only then did he look up to meet her worried gaze.

"E-eoh?" Eric muttered.

"We've already contacted the police and they should be here any minute soon." Dohoon said. "We already know what to file against him for the sake of our three trainees here. What I want to know is how you want this matter to be approached."

Eric turned to his wife who turned to Byul and notice the quiet communication between the two.

"Since you're already pressing charges against him, Byul and I will not-"

Eric bolted up squeezing her hand a little harder than he would've. "We are pressing charges."

Yongsun and Byul wanted to say otherwise but Eric and Kyujong said otherwise.

And instead of listening to their artist, the three CEOs agreed with the two male.

 

 

 

*N: ARRRRGHHHH!!!!!

     I badly want to pull my hair out right now. I'm going nuts trying to fit in my next couple and gahhhh!! ARGGGHHH!!!!!!!