|Seven|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Jangmi woke up with a startle. The nightmare was back, and her forehead was covered with beads of sweat. She looked around and saw that the room was bright even without the lights on. “It’s morning.” She let out a deep breath, calming her nerves down. She was agitated to say the least. Every single time she had that nightmare, she would feel extremely agitated and anxious.

 

She stood up, stretching her body. The cast was removed 3 days ago, so she was finally able to move freely. Without Jungkook, or anyone in particular scolding her for getting off the bed on her own. Jungkook… To be honest, she never uttered a single word to him anymore. After the incident in the kitchen, appearing in front of her with blood all over him. And that unforgettable back hug. It was still vivid in Jangmi’s mind.

 

The fact that she was living in a castle filled with vampires didn’t bother her anymore. They convinced her that she wasn’t kept here for her blood, but for another reason that she wasn’t told of. Yet. No matter how many times she pleaded for them to tell her, they told her they didn’t have the rights to. Instead, she should just wait until that person was ready. It was honestly pissing Jangmi off but there was only so much that she could do.

 

She went into the washroom after taking a pair of undergarments from the closet. After 20 minutes, she had already finished showering and left the washroom to dry her hair and get herself something casual to wear. She decided that if she couldn’t leave the castle anytime soon, might as well just treat this as her own house, which nobody minded to be honest.

 

All of them were actually grateful when she did. It meant that she was staying for good to them, but it was different for her. It meant that they would trust her and they would bring her back home if she asked them to, making them believe that she would come back after doing whatever she wanted back home. Some sort of reverse psychology. But she didn’t have confidence in it. She was starting to believe that she was already used to being here, and home seemed so far-fetched.

 

If they actually decided to bring her home, she was afraid that she would want to come back.

 

She let out a sigh as all different kind of thoughts ran through her mind. Not only that, but the nightmare was clearly haunting her. Nightmare… She shook her head at the thought of it and continued wearing the pair of shorts that she picked out from the vintage closet. It stopped just above her mid-thigh. She wore an oversized shirt, covering the shorts.

 

She tied her hair into a messy bun after drying her hair.

 

After she felt decent enough to leave the room, she stood up and went out of the room. She had been leaving the room after her cast was removed. She had been to the garden to enjoy the fresh air, and walk around the castle. She even went to where the prison was by mistake, and was actually reprimanded for it by J-hope. God knows why he named himself that. She was told he was the general of the army. So, he was basically in charge of the security around the castle.

 

The main trainers were Jimin and Rapmon. As for Jin, V and Suga, Jangmi wasn’t told of what their jobs were, but she was informed that it was as important as the others.

 

She entered the kitchen and saw that there were some chefs, preparing food for later. “Good morning your highness.” A chef acknowledged Jangmi’s presence and Jangmi widened her eyes at the address.

 

“I’m sorry. Your highness? You got me wrong. I’m not royalty.” Jangmi chuckled, walking towards the pantry to get something to eat.

 

“Huh?” She let out, confused at Jangmi’s words. She was told that Jangmi was the soon-to-be Queen, so it was obvious that she was confused.

 

“Can I eat this?” Jangmi asked, showing the chef a bagel and she nodded.

 

“Of course. You can take whatever you want here your highness.” The chef said and Jangmi frowned when she was being addressed as ‘your highness’ again. She wondered why she was called that way and just shrugged it off. If they want to call her that way, then so be it.

 

It feels good to be called ‘your highness’ anyway. She thought to herself as she ate her bagel.

 

She walked aimlessly around the castle for an hour or so. When she realized that she was lost, she face-palmed herself.

 

I guess I don’t know the castle as well as I thought. She let out a sigh and just continued walking. She turned at a corner and saw a lone door. She stood in front of the door, debating if she should open it or just leave. It could either be a way out or it could be a hidden room. She was a curious girl, so she just opened the door.

 

She entered and closed the door behind her, not fully though. Afraid that it would lock her in if she did. She watched way too many movies for her own good. Her jaw dropped as her eyes widened in awe. The room was dimly lit. The light bulbs looked like it hadn’t been changed in ages and it was dying. However, it could still light up the place fairly well. At least she was able to see the things here.

 

These were a lot of books. There were endless rows of shelves. Is this a library or something? Without giving it much thought, Jangmi entered and went to the end of the room where a lone desk stood in the middle, with family portraits hung behind. Behind the desk was a swivel chair. The desk was pretty empty, with just a table lamp at the top right hand corner.

 

There were a lot of family portraits. Generations after generations. She saw the last family portrait and saw a boy. She recognized that pair of eyes anywhere, though it looked livelier and definitely happier compared to how she recognized him now. Beside him was a lady, looking a little taller than Jungkook. Both of them shared the same facial features and anyone could tell they were siblings.

 

Behind them was a couple, looking a lot older than them, their parents. They were all smiling happily. Jangmi unconsciously let out a smile when she saw Jungkook’s bright smile. He has his mother’s eyes and his father’s nose.

 

Jangmi wandered ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter