|Eleven|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

Jangmi was frozen as she felt his lips moving against hers, feeling as if begging her to respond to his kiss. She was in a state of pure confusion. Not knowing what to do. She still had that little bit of rationale in her. So she did something she thought was best. She forcefully pushed him away.

 

Slap!

 

She glared at him, angered. Feeling as if she was being played with. A handprint was visible on his cheeks but it disappeared as soon as it appeared. But what didn’t disappear though was the color of his eyes. It was scarlet red but Jangmi was too out of it to even care. “I’m not one of your many toys that you can screw with, Jeon Jungkook. King or not, you’re definitely not a king to me. Mate or not, you’re definitely the worse mate I’ve ever known about.” Jangmi said, tears evident in her eyes as Jungkook looked at her in shock.

 

She read books on mates. She read novels on supernatural creatures. Mates were supposed to be together. Love each other. Make each other feel loved. Help each other in times on needs. Jungkook, he was just despicable. He attempted to make her jealous. He attempted to hurt her. He attempted, to kill her inside. He made her feel used. And it hurts.

 

“I guess when you said that vampires have feelings, it didn’t apply to you huh?” Jangmi let out a humorless chuckle and stood up, wiping that she felt was stained. Jungkook was hurt by that gesture but he remained poker faced, just letting Jangmi do what she wanted. Say what she wanted to say. He admitted, he was being despicable to Jangmi. But Jangmi wasn’t the only one hurting, he was too. He was just good at hiding it.

 

“I’m going home. And you’re not going to stop me.” Jangmi gave him one last glare before she stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her and running to her room. Tears falling freely down her cheeks. She didn’t even look at where she was going when she crashed into a body as she sniffled.

 

“Woah, what happened?” She heard a familiar voice asked and she looked up to see V looking down at her, looking worried. She instinctively hugged him, soaking his shirt as he awkwardly patted her back, attempting to give her comfort. He doesn’t really interact with females, so it was a given that he didn’t have the slightest idea on the way of comforting one.

 

V looked up and saw Jungkook looking at Jangmi. V gave him a questioning look when Jungkook looked up at his best friend. He just gave him a sad smile before disappearing again. “What happened?” A voice asked as soon as Jungkook disappeared and Jangmi stopped crying momentarily to look at the owner of the voice.

 

“Thank goodness.” V let out a sigh of relief at his savior. Jangmi sniffled and ran towards him, doing the same thing that she did to V but this time to Jin. Jin was taken aback and looked at V for answers but he was as clueless as Jin was. Jin patted her back, but his wasn’t as awkward as V’s.

 

“What happened?” Jin repeated the question for the second time and Jangmi didn’t answer. She just kept crying silently. They just stayed like that, with V leaning against the wall just in case Jangmi faint from excessive crying. If that was even possible. They didn’t know how long it took for Jangmi to calm down, but when she finally did, her eyes were puffy and red. Her whole face was red as well.

 

“Finished?” Jin asked and Jangmi gave him a short glare at the choice of word. Jin chuckled and wiped her tears with both his thumbs.

 

“I want to go home.” Jangmi said and Jin blinked before giving a troubled facial expression. He didn’t actually have the authority to let Jangmi leave the castle, neither was he letting Jangmi stay in this castle only to get hurt over and over again by her good-for-nothing mate. Making Jangmi cry was just unforgivable. Jin gave Jangmi a small smile and nodded.

 

“Alright. Pack your bag. I’ll fetch you home.” Jin said and Jangmi’s eye brightened up.

 

“Are you serious? Jungkook will kill you.” V said, sounding worried and Jin just gave a soft chuckle before looking up at V.

 

“He wouldn’t. He doesn’t have the rights to keep her here anyway. Besides, seeing how she came out of his room crying and smelling a little like him, it would be safe to say that he screwed up. Big time. I’m going to use that against him.” Jin said and V gawked at his best friend. Jin was smart, he was an expert at negotiations and arguments. Debates as well, so he would always be present at every meeting that the Kingdom had to see what was right and wrong. And once he had established that it was wrong, he’d do anything to prevent it from happening, even if he had to go against Jungkook.

 

This was exactly that kind of situation. Jungkook had screwed up and Jin had the card to let Jangmi go. If Jungkook interferes, Jin would put the card on the table and that itself would shake the almighty King himself. Jungkook was powerless this point on.

 

“Let’s go.” Jin looked down at Jangmi’s tear-stained face and gave her a small smile in encouragement. Jangmi returned the smile with a tight one of her own and the both of them left to Jangmi’s room to pack up, leaving V alone at the corridors, pondering.

 

“I guess the card for this one would be last night when Jangmi tried to drown herself.” V smirked in amusement. “Jungkook, you bastard.” He added, shaking his head in disappointment. No matter how precious Jungkook was to him, he had never gone to the extent of supporting his wrongdoings. What he was doing to Jangmi was so wrong that it made his whole group of friends speechless.

 

He let out a sigh and went back to walking to his room.

+++

 

“Where the hell have you been?!” were the first words Jangmi heard as soon as she entered the class, late. She had overslept and it had been more than a month since she came to school.

 

“Jangmi-ah!” She heard someone exclaimed the same time the dragging of chairs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter