|Thirteen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

“Where is she?!” Jungkook yelled, his voice echoed around the throne room. They’ve returned after venturing around the forest aimlessly for more than a week. They’ve even crossed borders with the werewolves, faeries and the unicorns, but there were no signs of Jangmi. Not even her scent was found.

 

“Calm down. We can just ask for help. You panicking and throwing things around wouldn’t bring Jangmi back.” Jin said, his own pupils red. He was undoubtedly frustrated at the situation they were in. He had planned out and memorized every possible routes that could lead them to Jangmi but it was all a failure. Even Jimin couldn’t track Jangmi’s scent, making them slowly losing hope. Jungkook being emotional wasn't helping them either.

 

“Calm down? You’re asking me to calm down when my mate is out there somewhere and there's a chance of her being tortured because of me? Are you crazy?!” Jungkook exclaimed, glaring and Jin with hatred and Jin returned the glare. 

 

“Is it my fault that she’s captured? You could’ve just bypassed the differences that both of you had but no, you just had to let your hatred towards the half-breeds control your feelings for her. Don’t put the blame on us now Jungkook.” Jin said and Jungkook’s eyes didn’t even softened at that accusation. It was true, if only he had accepted Jangmi, both of them would’ve been happy and she wouldn’t have been kidnapped.

 

“Stop it. Fighting wouldn’t solve anything either.” Rapmon said sternly, giving both vampires a look.

 

“We have visitors.” Suga said when he heard footsteps approaching the messy throne room. Broken vases, lamps, table, and picture frames were on the ground. Jungkook had to let out his anger and the only way besides killing was throwing things on the ground, breaking them. The door to the throne room opened, revealing two couples. One couple was older than the other.

 

Jungkook frowned when he saw who they were. “I don’t recall giving you an invitation to come, nor do I recall you giving me a prior notice of your visit.” He said, giving his full attention to them. All four of them gave Jungkook a 90-degree bow in respect.

 

“I’ll apologize for the short notice, but the both of us need to help one another. Your mate is missing, correct?” The older female asked and Jungkook glared at her, looking wary. He might've or might've not exposed to the entire mythical species population that his mate was kidnapped. Well, he had been running around the places finding for Jangmi, so it was no surprise if they knew.

 

“What do you know?” He asked, baring his fangs in caution, daring her to mess with him, but she was not at all fazed by his antics. In fact, she glared at him back, daring him to threaten her and Jungkook took the hint and kept his fangs. His red pupils remained though.

 

“My daughter is your mate, and that she’s captured by a rebel group called ‘Le Creux’. It consists mainly of half-breed born vampires and the leader was my supposed mate. It was his own delusional thoughts though, he was power-hungry and made himself believe that I was his mate. Anyway, story-telling can wait for another day, my daughter’s life is at stake. I can reach out to her only if she reaches out to me first. When I do, I’ll tell you her exact location and you and your army go straight to the place. I could feel her body weakening and her life force diminishing so we have no time to waste.” The older lady said and Jungkook widened his eyes, the new information processing in his head.

 

So, Jangmi wasn’t human?

 

“Goodness gracious, no she’s not. She’s a sorceress like me. Happy now? Like I said, story-telling can wait. My daughter’s life can’t.” The older female snapped, making Jungkook flinched in surprised.

 

“O-okay.” Jungkook stuttered and she threw Jungkook a dissatisfied look before sitting on the ground with her legs crossed. She closed her eyes, leaving the vampires in the throne room baffled.

 

“She’s trying to communicate with Jangmi.” The younger male said when the vampires looked confused. Jungkook turned his attention to him and raised an eyebrow, indirectly asking who the hell he was.

 

“I’m Jangmi’s brother.” He simply said and Jungkook frowned. He was told that he was taken, and that Jangmi’s parents were dead. But now, all of them were standing in his throne room, alive. What the hell was going on?

 

“Stop thinking. I can’t concentrate.” The older female snapped to Jungkook and the other vampires had to stifle their laughter at Jungkook’s look of disbelief. She was definitely overpowering Jungkook. He had met her a few times since she was the queen of her own species and could be considered the most powerful being in the world. She could kill you without even touching you, and she was pretty much immortal. She was older than Jungkook by centuries and undoubtedly more experienced. 

 

Even so, never had he felt overpowered by her before. She had pretty much treated Jungkook equally, like he was her own people so he was definitely taken aback. She must be as agitated as he was to snap at him like that.

 

“Yongdam-ah…” The older male called out softly when his wife started sobbing.

 

“I found her.” She managed to say and Jungkook widened his eyes in anticipation. Waiting for her to continue.

 

“She’s at the Springfield mansion, the mansion that belongs to the leader of ‘Le Creux’. I’ll guide all of you through my mind. Go. She’s losing her life force, fast.” The older female said, tears still falling on her cheeks. Jungkook simply nodded and gestured all six of his friends to follow him. Images of places started flashing in all seven minds.

 

Follow the images. It’ll guide you straight to the mansion. A voice was heard in their heads and all of them nodded in synchronization. Jungkook was faster than them since he had royal blood running in his veins, but his friends were not that far behind either.

 

All of them didn’t even waited for a second before running into the mansion, killing all the half-breeds that were in their way. It didn’t take much power for them to kill off the half-breeds, but it did tire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter