|Nineteen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Sehun and Suho reached the mansion, the both of them instantly covered their noses from the strong stench of blood that was coming from the inside. "Oh my god." Sehun said, his voice nasal since he was pinching his nose, the stench too much for them to take. Their fangs extended and the both of them immediately retreated away from the mansion, far enough so that the smell wasn't as overwhelming. Both of their fangs retracted as soon as the smell subsided.

 

"They're not at home." Suho frowned. The stench that came from inside the mansion didn't smell like any of his brothers nor Jangmi. Where the hell are they? He thought. Both of them turn theirs heads simultaneously as soon as they felt someone approaching. "Where were you guys?" Suho asked immediately when he saw the group, that was supposed to be in the mansion, approaching Sehun and himself, and they were together with Xiumin and Lay.

 

Ignoring Suho's question, Jangmi simply walked past the two and towards the house. "She wanted to meet her mother and said that she needed to tell her mother something, so we let her, on the condition that we follow. She agreed." Chen said and Suho let out a sigh, not knowing whether he should reprimand or praise them. "Anyway, our chest felt a sting when we were on the way here, does it something to do with the blood that we're smelling?" Chen continued, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his older brother.

 

"Well, we don't know whose blood it belongs to, but it certainly comes from inside the mansion. The smell was too strong for us to even open the door." Sehun said and the rest of them turned to face the mansion. 

 

"Why does it seem like Jangmi isn't the least bothered by the smell?" Baekhyun asked, looking at Jangmi's back that was approaching the mansion. 

 

Jangmi had to force the bile in down as soon as she reached the door. Her sense of smell wasn't as strong as a vampire's even with venom running in her veins, but damn, if she could smell the blood 100 metres away from where she was standing, the smell must be ten times stronger as soon as she opens the door. She let out a deep breath, breathing in the stench that made her shudder in disgust. She tore a piece of a cloak and tied it around her head, covering her nose and mouth to reduce the smell.

 

She felt her still heart shaking from nervousness as she turned the doorknob, after undoing the spell that was cast around the house for protection that was obviously not working that well. The spell casted around the mansion was to warn everyone, including her, of any intruders, that was why all of them felt a sting on the chest on their way back.

 

Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her when the door was wide open. She couldn't keep the bile down any longer and went to the nearest bush to release all the content that she had previously, which wasn't much, so it was mostly water. She had seen blood splattered all across the walls, body parts of a human were thrown here and there around the house.

 

"Come on." She felt someone carried her bridal style as soon as she was done puking and she was soon back together with the others. Xiumin put her down on her feet and she held his arms for support. 

 

"For the love of god, the amount of blood inside that mansion is preposterous." Jangmi said, holding her chest with her free hand. The image still clear as day in her head. "Not to mention the body parts. It's like a scene straight out from the chainsaw massacre." She added and the vampires looked at her, amused. She gave them a look of confusion as her eyebrows furrowed.

 

"That was the most entertaining thing that you've said in 5 years." Sehun said and Jangmi rolled her eyes at him.

 

"Anyway, we clearly can't go anywhere near the mansion, just burn it. We'll find another place to crash." Suho said, turning to Chanyeol who was about to proceed but Jangmi stopped him.

 

"Give me 10 minutes. We'll go in and inspect whatever trace that was left by the intruders and find out who they are and what they want." Jangmi said and all of them looked at her like she lost her head. "I can form a barrier that could help us with the smell." She added, noticing the looks that was directed to her and all of them let out a sigh of relief.

 

Jangmi proceeded to create a thin barrier around each of them before she led all of them into the mansion. They were still able to smell the stench but it was tolerable. "Find me, princess." Chanyeol read the words written on the wall, in blood that belonged to the body parts in the mansion. 

 

"Well, we know who's behind this and we know that he certainly has a witch with him if he was able to break through the barrier." Jangmi said, her eyes glowing blue in anger as her fist clenched. The barrier around them seemed to cease and the stench shot through the vampires' nose like wasabi to a human and all of them instantly covered their nose and mouth as their fangs started descending. "Let's go." Jangmi said, well-aware that her barrier around them was gone and soon, blue flames started to ignite the furnitures.

 

The 10 of them left the mansion far enough and watched the mansion slowly engulfing in blue flames. Jangmi turned her back against the mansion as anger filled her heart. Her eyes still glowing blue and there was no chance of it dying down soon. She was pissed, extremely pissed and the bomb ticking inside her was going to explode soon. How dare they use humans just to send one message? Humans. She needed to quench her thirst for blood and the only was to satisfy it was to find them. Find him, the cause of all this mess. The cause of her darkness.

 

+++

 

Jungkook was graced with the presence of the Sorceress just hours after the visit from his grandfather and grand uncle. "To what I owe the pleasure to the King and Queen of Witches as well as the Prince and his mate?" Jungkook asked, walking down the grand staircase. He left his room as soon as he felt their presence in his territory.

 

"You know why I'm here." The Sorceress said, looking at Jungkook straight in the eyes but the latter wasn't the least faze by her piercing gaze.

 

Jungkook let out a short sigh and nodded, knowing the direction of the conversation. He led them to the conference room to talk and called down his best friends as well, since he believed that they would like to know what the hell was going on, and it'd be better for them to hear it themselves than having him explain the entire situation that he wasn't actually entirely sure about either.

 

The sorceress had told them what Jangmi told her when she visited and to say that the vampires were baffled was an understatement. They were looking dazed, well, Jungkook was wearing a frown, trying to process every single word the sorceress was saying. She killed innocent vampires and witches. Those were the words that stood out the most and he was in a state of disbelief.

 

"Let's get this straight, you're telling us that Jangmi is going on a killing spree, killing innocent people, be it a witch or a vampire that doesn't have anything with Le Creux, just because there was a darkness corrupting her mind caused by the poison 5 years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter