|Three|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Jangmi have stayed in her room for days, doing anything she could to keep herself entertained. Be it study, read a book or write in her diary. She was basically going crazy from boredom and she didn’t want to leave the room, afraid that she’d be pinned against the wall again. Jin had been trying to convince her that it wasn’t going to happen but being the stubborn girl that she was, she decided to be cooped inside her room.

 

“Here’s your lunch.” Jin came into her room and closed the door behind him.

 

Jangmi looked up from her book and gave him a small smile. “Thank you.” She said and put the book down.

 

“You know, it’s not healthy to be cooped up in a small place for long.” Jin said, sitting on the edge of the bed after Jangmi took the tray, putting it on her lap. Jangmi just shrugged in reply and started digging into her food.

 

“You know; you can stay here for as long as you want right?” Jin asked, looking at Jangmi who was eating carefully, so that the food won’t drop on the bed. “I’m not exactly welcomed here by the owner.” She replied, not looking at Jin, but focusing on the food in front of her.

 

She already knew that Jungkook owns the place since she asked Jin before. Jin frowned at Jangmi’s words, why would she think like that?

 

“On the contrary, Jungkook would be ecstatic when you stay here with him.” Jin said and Jangmi finally looked at Jin. She gave him a smile that shows that she doesn’t believe him before she continued eating. The last time that Jangmi saw Jungkook was when he lectured her about prisoners. She didn’t even see his shadow after that.

 

“I’m serious.” Jin said when he saw her sarcastic smile.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Jangmi said as she continued eating. Jin just let out a sigh and shook his head.

 

“Can I leave this place now? I’d rather be at my own house than stay here.” Jangmi asked after she finished her food. Jin looked hesitant to answer.

 

“Well?” Jangmi asked with her eyebrows raised, waiting impatiently for Jin. She needs to feel free. God, she had been feeling so suffocated in the room that she feels like she was going crazy.

 

“Do you really want to leave that badly?” He asked, looking a little disappointed making Jangmi frowned in confusion.

 

“Of course. Why would I stay in a stranger’s place? Besides, I had already missed a lot of days of school.” Jangmi said, passing the tray back to Jin.

 

“Do you still treat me as a stranger?” Jin asked, sounding a little sad. Jangmi’s frown deepened, “Why are you trying so hard to keep me here anyway?” She asked and Jin just cleared his throat in reply before standing up.

 

“If you want to leave, you can. I’m not forcing you to stay here.” Jin said and left the room leaving Jangmi feeling bad. Throughout her stay here, Jin had been nothing but nice to her. She even treats him as a friend. But no matter how lonely home was, she definitely feels better there compared to this huge place.

 

At least she wouldn’t be cooped up in a place for so long.

 

She let out a frustrated groaned and stood up. She went into the washroom to change into the uniform that she came here with. After changing, she picked up her bag and went out of the room only to bump into a rock hard chest.

 

She held her nose in pain and look up to see Jungkook giving her a blank look. “I’m sorry.” She said, taking a step back to put some distance between them.

 

“You’re not allowed to leave.” He suddenly stated and Jangmi frowned at him. What the hell? This is the first time I’m seeing him in days and those were the words he decided to say to me? Jangmi thought in disbelief.

 

“Well, I’m definitely not staying, and nobody is going to stop me.” Jangmi said and side-stepped him but he blocked her way. She did it again only to be blocked again. She let out a deep breath to calm herself down before looking up at Jungkook.

 

“Move away before I kick your family jewels.” Jangmi threatened and Jungkook looked at her, certainly surprised at her sudden burst of confidence. Jangmi gave him a look that tells him not to mess with her and he just gave her a smirk.

 

“I’m not going to let you leave. You’ve seen too much.” Jungkook said and Jangmi looked at him, confusion written all over her face. What is he talking about? She thought to herself.

 

“What is there to see? Besides, I was never out of the room. The last time I went out, I was painfully pinned against the wall.” Jangmi said, trying to make him feel guilty and she actually saw him look guilty for a millisecond before going back to his jerk self. Well, at least there was a tiny bit of reaction from him.

 

“I will promise you that it will never happen again. That was a misunderstanding because I didn’t expect a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter