|Five|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 

"Is she awake yet?” Jangmi heard a voice asked and it was soon followed by a groan.

 

“She’s awake now.” She heard an all too familiar voice said as she tried to open her eyes. She squinted her eyes when a bright light blinded her right after she successfully opened her eyes, though not fully yet. She used her right arm to shield her from the light

 

Her head was throbbing in pain but it was bearable. She put her arm down when she finally adjusted to the brightness and saw Jin, V and Rapmon in her room. “Good morning sleeping beauty.” Rapmon gave her a smile. She didn’t respond to it as she tried to sit up, with the help of Jin.

 

“Careful.” He said and offered her a small smile. She didn’t respond to that smile either as she felt something on her leg. She pulled her blanket up and saw that her right leg was wrapped in a cast.

 

“It wasn’t a dream.” She muttered more to herself as she tipped her head back, letting it rest against the headboard. But when she did that, she finally noticed a bandage was wrapped around her head.

 

“How are you feeling?” V asked rather cautiously. Jangmi closed her eyes, trying to calm her mind down. Her head was hurting and she was in no position to even scream her head off. She knew that her head would hurt more than it already was if she actually did scream. The scene from last night was replaying in her mind over and over again.

 

That thing her blood. And the only species that blood were vampires. “Vampires?” Jangmi asked, opening her eyes and turning her head towards them.

 

They looked rather uncomfortable when Jangmi said that, and that alone was enough to answer Jangmi’s question. She touched her neck and true enough, there was a bandage there. “That thing that bit me was a vampire, wasn’t it?” Jangmi asked, looking at them. She actually felt like she was about to break down and cry like a baby. She recalled the reason why she was brought here the first time. She suspected that she was bitten then too.

 

She was not only bitten once, but twice. That fact alone was enough to frighten her to the bones.

 

“It was.” V said, rather solemnly and Jangmi’s eyes pricked with unwanted tears.

 

“Is Jungkook one too?” She asked, looking down on her hands that were resting on her lap. She saw his red eyes and fangs. The face that screamed bloody murderer in Jangmi’s face.

 

“He is, and we are too.” Rapmon said, giving Jangmi a sympathetic look. Jangmi glanced and saw his face that was filled with pity. Pity. She was always given that look when she was young. She hated it, no. She despised it. People die, and it just so happens that her parents died earlier than expected. It was nothing to be pitied about. She wasn’t the pitiful child that everyone thought she was.

 

But now, she didn’t even know what she was being pitied for. For living with vampires blindly the whole time? For being their food in just a few days’ time? What exactly was that look for? Jangmi wanted to ask but no words could leave her lips. She was tired. Both physically and mentally. She wasn’t being lied to, she was just kept in the dark.

 

“Is that why you’re keeping me here for?” Jangmi asked, not looking at any of them, but on her hands.

 

“What?” Jin asked, clearly baffled.

 

“Are you guys here for my blood?” Jangmi asked, her voice was nothing but a whisper, however, she knew that they were able to hear her. She had heard of vampires before, well, she watched twilight and vampire diaries. She didn't know how much of those movies about vampires were true. But, the blood- part was definitely true.

 

“No, how could you even think that? We would’ve done that long ago if that was our intention for keeping you here.” Jin frowned, disappointed at Jangmi’s question. For some reason, Jangmi was suddenly ashamed for asking that question. It wasn’t exactly wrong for her to ask that question, was it? They had been treating her well for the past weeks she had been here… So, maybe she was wrong… 

 

“Look. You’re here for a completely different reason.” Jin sighed, giving in to Jangmi when he saw her face. She looked like she was about to cry any moment.

 

“What was the reason then? Why did Jungkook stop me from leaving?” Jangmi asked, still not looking at them. She was afraid of looking at them. Afraid to offend them if she did.

 

“Don’t you dare.” A voice was heard as the door opened. Jangmi looked up to see the very person that saved her. Jungkook looked down at her and his gaze softened. Jangmi could feel butterflies in her stomach just by looking into his eyes, but his red eyes suddenly flashed in her mind making her tensed a little and returned her gaze to her hands.

 

Jungkook didn’t missed that motion and was admittedly a little hurt. She was afraid of him. Jungkook looked at his friends who seemed helpless at this situation and he signaled them to leave. They abided him and left the room, leaving both of them alone in the room.

 

Jungkook grabbed a chair from the desk and placed it beside the bed before sitting on it. Neither of them said anything. Just him looking at Jangmi, and Jangmi looking down on her hands. She could feel her neck getting sore just by doing that but she refused to even move a muscle. If she did, she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter