|Seventeen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That was a close one." Someone let out a sigh of relief, carrying an unconscious girl bridal style. He closed his eyes again and soon disappeared, leaving a puff of black smoke lingering in the dark forest under the crying sky. He appeared in a big bedroom and placed the girl on the bed the same time 2 of his friends entered the room. 

 

"Well, she's dry." One of them said and sat on one edge of the bed while the other went to the other side. 

 

"Okay, we need to do this simulataneously since Xiumin hyung need to freeze her heart as soon as our venom run through her veins and touch her heart and I need to make sure that her powers and the venom work together to keep her alive." The latter said and the other 2 nodded. The one who teleported her into the room punctured his fangs into her soft skin on her neck and pumped venom into her veins while Xiumin placed his hand on top of her chest, feeling her still heart under his palm. He closed his eyes and focused on the sound of the venom rushing into her heart.

 

As soon as he felt her heart made one small movement, he used his power to physically freeze her heart. "Lay, your turn." He said after he made sure that her heart was completely frozen and wasn't going to beat anytime soon. Well, even if he didn't freeze it, it wasn't going to beat, but it wasn't going revive her either since her heart wasn't made to get influenced by their venom. They just needed the venom to enter her veins and into her heart to keep her veins running. Lay nodded and closed his eyes, hovering his hands on her body as he controlled the movement of the venom and her powers. After successfully fusing both together, he let them go and let it naturally move along her veins.

 

"Come on." Lay whispered as all three of them waited for a response from her. 

 

"Oh, by the way, Chanyeol hyung and Sehun went to where she was supposed to be cremated. They wanted to see the situation there." The youngest among the three said and Xiumin just hummed in reply. Well, he didn't really have anything to say.

 

"As long as they don't get themselves caught it'll be fine. How is it coming along?" Someone new entered the room. 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be patrolling the perimeter with Chen, Baekhyun-ah?" Lay asked, not taking his eyes off her. 

 

"Done it. It's Suho hyung and D.O.'s turn now." Baekhyun said, staring at the petite girl on the bed. He flinched and widened his eyes as soon as she in a deep breath and her eyes were wide open.

 

"Welcome back, Jangmi-ah." Xiumin gave her a small smile as she looked at him in genuine shock.

 

5 years later

"There." Jungkook whispered under his breath as soon as he heard a movement. Jimin, Jhope, Rapmon and himself was instantly gone in a flash as they appeared in front of their targets. They glared at them as their soon-to-be victims looked at the 4 of them in feign confidence. 

 

"Where's your leader residing?" Jungkook asked, his voice low. They had heard about how ruthless Jungkook became after the death of his mate. He wouldn't kill the members of Le Creux instantly, instead, he used his own venom to kill them, slowly and painfully. Just like how they did to Jangmi. He will forever be reminded of how Jangmi died, the look of unbearable pain on her face. 

 

"Well, if it isn't the almighty King." One of them, whom he assumed was the leader of the group of 10 that was standing in front of him, gave an exaggerated bow to him. Jungkook just gave him a blank look and repeated his question but he was responded with a smirk and a shrug. That was enough to set Jungkook off and before anyone knew it, the leader's head was rolling on the ground. He had been training and hunting for half a decade with his mind set on wiping off the Le Creux organization.

 

"Who's next?" Jungkook asked, giving a sinister smile to the remaining 10. They looked intimidated but tried their best to show a strong front that didn't even amuse Jungkook who instantly glared at them. 

 

"Where's your leader residing?" He asked for the 3rd time but none of them replied. Instead, one of them shouted and all of them attacked the 4 of them at once. They defeated the members of the organization easily but was genuinely surprised when they were ambushed by more members. 

 

"Holy. How is it that we didn't hear them coming?" Suga asked with his eyes wide. All 4 of them had blood on their hands and clothes.

 

"Did you guys really think that you were the only one improving?" One of them smirked and Jungkook glared at him with loathe but it didn't intimidate him one bit and the smirk was still plastered on his lips, mocking the 4 of them.

 

"We'll see who improved the most then." Rapmon said and without even a second of hesitation, the fight started.

 

All of them were moving so fast that it was seen as a blur in anyone's eyes unless they were a vampire themselves. Jungkook growled and ripped off head after head, not even taking a short break after being thrown against a huge tree, breaking it. The 4 of them were losing energy fast but the enemies didn't seem like they were decreasing, instead, the numbers looked like they were increasing. 

 

"How many of them are there? God damn it." Jhope cussed under his breath when he was back to back with Jimin. Jimin smirked as he glared at the enemies surrounding them, eyeing their every move. As soon as one of them charged towards them, the both of them separated from one another and continued fighting. 

 

"Freeze." A whisper was heard and every single one of the vampires stopped fighting, frozen in place. Rapmon had his fist just inches away from an enemy's face, a pair of fangs were just centimeters away from Jimin's neck, Jungkook's had his hand clenched around an enemy's neck and a leg was pressed on Jhope's chest. The wind was blowing as someone approached the fight with a hood over the head, covering her face. She was wearing a white dress with a black cloak on her shoulder. 

 

Everyone had their eyes on her as none of them were able to move, it wasn't even possible to twitch their finger. 

 

She took out a dagger and covered it in her blood before she threw it in the air and maneuvered it with her mind, killing the enemies in seconds as she took back the dagger and kept it inside her cloak. The 4 vampires widened their eyes as soon as they smell her blood. It smells nostalgic as they looked at her, trying to figure out who she was but Jungkook knew the smell even if it had been half a decade.

 

Before they knew it, the half-breeds and vampires that ambushed them had dropped dead on the ground. "Burn them." She said and turned her back against them, leaving them confused but instantly shifted their attention to the man who was behind the tree. He was wearing a cloak as well, his face covered from the hood and with a snap, the dead bodies were burning in flame. 

 

"Chanyeol?" Jimin called out, sounding unsure. The only person who controls fire that they knew of would be Chanyeol and an annoyed groan was heard. He put down his hoodie and exposed himself. 

 

"I told you they'd know it's me. I don't see a point in wearing this... filthy thing." He said and took off the cloak, burning it in his hands. The 4 of them stood up and looked at him in confusion, except Jungkook, who only had eyes on the petite girl behind Chanyeol. He could only see a little of her back but it was enough. 

 

"You're alive? How?" Jungkook asked, directing the question to her but instead of her responding, Chanyeol responded. 

 

"What are you talking about? Anyway, we have more important things at hand. Toodles." He said and both of them disappeared in seconds, leaving no trace. Not even a scent. The only scent that was lingering around was the blood of the dead vampires and her blood. It was a little different but Jungkook was positive that it was her. 

 

"It's been years, but that blood smells like Jangmi, or is it just me?" Rapmon asked and Jungkook shook his head. 

 

"It was her." Was his only reply as he looked at the ground that Jangmi stood on previously. How was she alive? She literally burnt into ashes right in front of everyone's eyes.

 

"That's impossible." Rapmon said, as if he read Jungkook's mind.

 

"Well, it's not impossible when her companion seems to be Chanyeol. If there's Chanyeol, there's bound to be the others." Jimin said, trying to be as logical as poss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter