|Two|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Jungkook just returned from a meeting with the other officials to discuss about some political things.

 

He was on his way to his room to rest when he sensed an unknown presence in the castle. He frowned and used his advanced senses to find that presence which only took mere seconds. He saw the back of a girl in a very familiar dress.

 

He tried to sense what species she was but he got nothing. “Who are you?” He asked with a hard tone. He accepts no trespassers. He could sense her tensing as she slowly turned her body whilst saying, “I’m sor-“ He felt tingles when he heard her soft voice making him confused at the strange feeling.

 

Jungkook tilted his head slightly when he saw her beautiful eyes widened a little. “I will repeat myself, who are you?” He asked, his voice unknowingly got softer when he saw how startled she was. She blinked as if she was snapped out of her trance.

 

“I’m Jangmi. Hwang Jangmi.” She introduced herself and gave a bow. He walked towards her and stopped right in front of her. Her breath hitched at the closeness between them but he seemed unfazed by that, instead, he leaned down and went to her neck. The bandage that was once there was gone. She peeled it off after she showered.

 

She felt his breath on her neck and soon, she was pinned against the wall. She groaned in pain at the familiar impact on her back. “What are you?” He glared at her and she widened her eyes in shock, not only that but there were tingles on the skin he was touching.

 

“W-w-what?” She managed to stammer. Her head was spinning from the impact and the feeling that he’s giving. That was definitely not a nice first greeting.

 

“Don’t make me repeat myself witch.” He hissed and Jangmi gasped as the grip on tightened. Did he just called me a witch? She thought to herself in disbelief.

 

“I’m not a witch.” She flat out said as she tried to breathe. She can’t believe that she’s been in this position twice in a row.

 

“Jungkook! Oh god! Let go of her!” She heard a familiar voice exclaimed and soon, the grip around her neck loosened, allowing her to drop on the ground. She started to go into a coughing fit as she panted for air.

 

“Do you know her?” Jungkook asked, looking between Jin and Jangmi. “She’s my guest.” Jin said, helping Jangmi stand.

 

“You could’ve informed me. What is she anyway?” Jungkook asked, looking at Jangmi curiously. The cold look from before was completely overtaken by genuine curiosity right after Jin appeared. Jangmi was rather taken aback at how fast his mood changed. She was pretty much baffled at the question that was repeated. This time to Jin.

 

What is up with the species question? Do they have an identity crisis or something? Jangmi thought to herself.

 

“Human.” Jin simply replied and Jungkook look at Jangmi, his eyes becoming cold again. Well, at least now Jangmi knows that he’s definitely suffering from a bipolar disorder. Nobody could just switch their mood back and fro like that unless they were bipolar.

 

“Why is she here?” He asked Jin. Both Jangmi and Jin noticed Jungkook looking at the arm that Jin had around Jangmi’s waist to support her. Jin noticed a flash of anger in Jungkook’s eyes but that disappeared as fast as it came.

 

“Well, she was attacked and I didn’t know where her house was. So I brought her here.” Jin explained, not removing his hold on Jangmi to Jungkook’s annoyance.

 

“Attacked by who?” Jungkook asked, finally making eye contact with Jin. Jin sent Jungkook a knowing smile and Jungkook rolled his eyes at his best friend.

 

“By your enemy. I’ve already killed him, so no worries.” Jin simply shrugged and Jangmi gaped at what he said. How is murdering someone a thing not to be worried about? Are these people even for real? There was a turmoil going on in Jangmi’s head and the 2 vampires seemed to notice.

 

“Don’t worry little rose. I didn’t do something illegal.” Jin chuckled and Jungkook let out a displeased groan at the nickname.

 

“How is murdering someone legal?!” Jangmi exclaimed, obviously in shock. She didn’t even notice the annoyed groan that Jungkook released. Annoyed by Jin's nickname for Jangmi, or annoyed by Jangmi's exclamation, nobody knows.

 

“It is legal when that someone attempted to kill another person. Besides, if it’s illegal, I would be in jail right now. Wouldn’t I?” Jin whispered the last 2 words in Jangmi’s ears making Jungkook twitched in anger but he managed to remain compose while Jangmi’s face was definitely becoming red again. How did Jin manage to do that every single time?

 

Jin laughed and released the hold that he had on her when he noticed that Jangmi had already regained her balance. “Anyway, did you tell her who you are yet?” Jin asked, turning to Jungkook and he shook his head.

 

“Well, do your introductions then!” Jin exclaimed and Jangmi shook her head, a little terrified of Jungkook.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll just go back to the room and pack my things. Can you bring me back home?” Jangmi asked, not noticing the hurt look that Jungkook gave for a few seconds before he masked it again. Jin look at Jungkook, a little conflicted. He can’t just send her away because of Jungkook, and he can’t just let her stay in the castle since she would feel like an outsider in this huge castle.

 

Decisions. Decisions. Jin let out a sigh and gave an apologetic look to Jangmi.

 

“I’m sorry. But can you stay here for a while l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter