|One|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 

“Thank you!” Jangmi thanked the store owner after buying herself an ice-cream cone. Jangmi the ice-cream, savoring the taste in . She just ended school and was now on her way back to her apartment that she got herself.

 

After her parents died in a car crash, all their wealth automatically went to their only child, it was Jangmi. However, she wasn't allowed to stay alone and had to be sent to a foster home until she was legal to which she complied. She was never close to her extended family members anyway, and they had never even visited her after the funeral.

 

By the time she finished eating her ice-cream, she was already relatively near her house. She turned into the dark alley and started humming to the song that was playing in her earpiece. Her hands were in her pockets to keep them warm since winter was just around the corner.

 

She looked up at the sky and let out a small smile when she saw the stars twinkling down at her.

 

She felt her hair stood when a sudden rush of wind came from her right side out of nowhere. She stopped walking and looked around to see if anyone was around. She shrugged the uneasy feeling off and just continued walking until she felt her right arm being grabbed and she was pinned against the wall, her back was burning in pain at that hard impact.

 

She opened her eyes when she felt an icy cold hand wrapped around .

 

She let out a choke as she tried to gasp for air. She couldn’t see the face of her attacker as black spots started to decorate her vision. She felt her attacker went nearer to her neck and felt his breath on her sensitive skin.

 

She wanted to let out a scream but it came out as a choke. The grip around her neck loosened as she felt 2 sharp things broke the skin on her neck. She took the chance to let out a scream before she completely loose her consciousness.

+++

 

“So, you’re telling me that if I don’t find my Queen soon, you’re going to dethrone me and find another vampire that’s fit for the throne?” Jungkook asked, monotone. He looked at the council in front of him like they were prey.

 

“I’m sorry if I offended you your highness. But, it’s been more than a century since you had attained the throne but you have yet to find your mate.” One of them said, terrified. Every single existing vampire fears the King. He had always been known to be ruthless in his killings and had always gotten what he wanted. There was a rumor that if he didn't, he would go on a rampage and would kill everyone in sight. A spoiled brat in a sense.

 

But that was just a rumor.

 

“So?” Jungkook simply asked with an eyebrow raised. He was completely unfazed by the council’s determination to dethrone him.  They had never liked the way he ruled over the vampire race. He was too uptight and doesn’t listen to any of the council’s words of advice. In another words, he stopped the council from controlling the Royal Family and make them do their work for them.

 

“So, we’re going to have to dethrone you if you haven’t found your mate by the end of this year.” One of the braver councilman spoke up and Jungkook let out a smirk.

 

“And what power do you have to dethrone me, oh my precious councilors. As far as I’m aware, I’m the one who has the most power and with just a snap of a finger, I can dismiss all of you from the council and I would be free to form one of my own one.” Jungkook said, crossing his legs and resting his interlocked hands on his lap.

 

“I apologize for the disrespect that they had caused your highness. Please excuse us.” One of the council apologized and Jungkook shook his head.

 

“Oh, no. Please do stay. I’d like to listen to your opinions on this.” Jungkook smirked, looking at their terrified faces.

 

“All of you are dismissed from the council. I have already gathered a few men to take over your places so I do not need any of your assistance. All of you will be banished from my land and live as a refugee for the rest of your lives. You have challenged my power and I will not just sit back and let myself be disrespected like that.” Jungkook turned that smirk upside down when nobody said anything after that.

 

He glared at each and every one of the ex-councilmen. “You will not get away with this.” One of them bared his fangs at the King and Jungkook’s eyes went red. He broke the neck of the vampire that threatened him before anyone could even bat an eyelash.

 

“Do not threaten me.” He hissed at the body before going back to his throne. All of them being escorted out from the throne room.

 

He let out a sigh and massaged his temples. “Well, who are going to be the new councilmen?” V asked, walking into the throne room with 5 other vampires that Jungkook called friends. They were his childhood friends and their friendship didn’t waver, even with the death of his parents. They had been through thick and thin together and nothing was going to break their friendship apart.

 

“6 of you are.” Jungkook simply replied, standing up from his throne to stretch. He’s been sitting on that god damned throne for so long that his was becoming numb.

 

“I’m sorry. What?” Suga asked, taken aback at that sudden revelation. This was definitely not discussed beforehand.

 

“6 of you are.” Jungkook repeated, clearly annoyed.

 

“You should’ve told us! You can’t just dismiss the councilm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter