|Twenty - One|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

"I know you're here. I told you to stay with them." Jangmi said, as she walked through the forest, the mist did nothing to hinder her from catching her predator. Dahyun materialized herself and revealed herself to Jangmi. She didn't respond to Jangmi's words as she held onto her white cloak, like a kid holding onto their mother's skirt. The young witch was, without a doubt, afraid and the only person she was comfortable with was Jangmi, for some reason.

 

Jangmi didn't stop as she slipped a necklace into Dahyun's pocket before saying, "You can follow, but make yourself invisible and if I really did get captured, use your brain a little and help yourself out. Don't try and find your parents, instead, find your king and queen, and well, my brother. And the vampires from just now, they'll help you find your parents and save whoever that was captured. You can give the necklace to my mother when I'm captured, she'd know what to do with it." Dahyun nodded before she made herself invisible again.

 

Jangmi stopped as she heard movements coming from her left. She took out her dagger and cut her hand with it to smudge her blood on the blade. She closed her eyes and used her mind to weave the dagger around the forest, using purely on her sharp senses to find the culprit. She opened her eyes and it was glowing blue, her other side making an appearance as she sensed an incoming danger. She let out a smirk as she could sense an increasing number of visitors around the forest, the aura of death became suffocating even for her but she still remained compose.

 

"Come at me." She whispered, her voice was carried by the wind and into the ears of her predators and without even a second to spare, she was attacked. "Freeze." She whispered under her breath as soon as they entered her radius. She used the dagger and slit all their necks but she couldn't waste anymore time as more vampires and half-breeds started pouring from every direction. She used her powers and dagger to fend them off but she knew, even she couldn't outbeat this many, no matter how skilled she was.

 

She was slowly starting to lose her momentum and her dagger dropped on the ground. Beads of sweat surrounded her forehead and falling on her neck. She stopped fending for herself and tried to reach the mind of Dahyun. Go. She opened a gateway of mist for Dahyun, using her last ounce of energy. Her vision was going in and out and before she knew it, she was lying on the ground, in her own pool of blood as her world went dark.

 

+++

 

Jangmi instantly went into a coughing fit when she felt the impact from the pail of water splashing on her face, choking on some water herself. She opened her eyes and saw a familiar face, the leader of Le Creux. His face was one to last since he got the honor to be the one who plunged the burning rod through her chest just 5 years ago. "Rise and shine my Princesa." He said, his eyes warm and soft. If she didn't knew any better, she would've been fooled by his eyes and would've trusted him easily. But she had seen him once and that was the time they had decided to torture the life out of her, just for being the daughter of his 'mate'. She let out a taunting smirk and said, "It's ironic how you called me your Princess but I'm being chained to the wall like a dog on time-out."

 

"It's just a precaution. You've easily killed a few dozens of my men on your own, I wouldn't want to take my chances. You've grown strong and I love how feisty you got over the years." He whispered in her ear before her earlobe. Her stomach churned in disgust as she spit in his face as soon as his face was in front of her. He seemed indifferent and just let out a maniac laugh as he wiped the spit off his cheek.

 

"I changed my mind. Instead of your mother, now I want you for myself. Forget the Vampire King of yours. You deserve better, and he hurt you, didn't he?" He said, his lips moving dangerously close to hers. Jangmi just smirked and shook her head in amusement. 

 

"You're still trying your luck aren't you, Gihyeon-ah? Where's Jaeseok anyway? Jungkook would be pleased to see his brother-in-law again, after his brother killed his sister, his own mate." Jangmi asked, tilting her head to the side, giving him an innocent look. Gihyeon wasn't the least affected by Jangmi's questions and simply let out a shrug. 

 

"My son likes to go out, hunting for witches and half-breeds." He said and Jangmi gave him a short laugh, "I see." 

 

"Anyway, how's that poison coming along? Did it corrupt your brain yet? I'm impressed that you haven't killed yourself yet." Gihyeon said and Jangmi looked at him, confused. Wasn't the poison supposed to be out of her system? Jungkook literally her dry that time, and the first breeds believed that the poison were all gone. Even Lay checked her body himself, and had confirmed that there was no poison lingering in her body. So, what was he on about?

 

"Oh, you still didn't know. I guess you're not as skilled as I thought." He muttered the last bit to himself and let out a light laugh, making Jangmi tense in uneasiness. "Well, the poison in you that was supposed to kill you is gone, no doubt. But the poison here," he pointed to his head and gave her a sinister smile, "it's still there. I forced a witch to implant images in your head. Increasing your hatred for vampires, and forcing you to hate yourself. It's so easy to manipulate your mind, especially with the hatred already in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter