|Sixteen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jangmi woke up with a sharp gasp and her eyes wide. Her heart was hammering in her chest and her forehead was covered in beads of cold sweat. Again, she dreamt of those men torturing her before plunging that metal rod into her chest. She sat up and instinctively looked towards the window. She saw the dark sky and let out a soft sigh, clutching the fabric on her chest, her heart still beating wildly. She got off her bed and went out to the balcony, enjoying the cold breeze. 

 

She closed her eyes and breathe in the fresh air as her arms rested on the handrails. She opened her eyes and looked down at the backyard, widening her eyes when she caught a pair of familiar eyes staring at her. She winced when she felt a searing pain on her chest and put a hand over it before going back into her room. Right when she was about to close the balcony door, she felt a gust of wind past her and she let out a soft sigh. She rested her head on the closed balcony doors and asked, "What do you want?" 

 

"Are you okay?" He asked and she felt a familiar flutter in her stomach, slightly shocking her but not enough for her to react to it. 

 

"Yes, just an ache on my chest. It'll pass." She said and turned her body around to face him. He was at most 2 steps away from her and was gazing down at her softly, worry evident in his eyes. 

 

"An ache? Does it happen often?" He asked and Jangmi simply shrugged carelessly, not really wanting to answer him. She didn't really want him to be here either but out of manners, she didn't scream for him to get out. Besides, he was here because he was worried for her. He let out a soft sigh and closed his eyes, looking like he was thinking and Jangmi simply walked over to her bed and lay on it. 

 

"Don't you think that we should talk? Only the two of us?" He asked, turning to face Jangmi's back against him. 

 

"No. If you want to talk, do it later when the sun is up." She said, her eyes closed as she pulled the blanket up until it was just above her lips. Jungkook closed his eyes and tilted his head up, not knowing what to do with his mate. He opened his eyes and threw a glance towards his mate before opening the balcony door and closing it behind him. 

 

Jangmi opened her eyes again as soon as she heard the balcony doors closed. She bit her lower lip when the ache in her chest didn't seem to cease. She lightly hit her chest but the pain didn't fade even the slightest. "What's wrong with me?" She whispered to herself as tears accumulated in her eyes. The pain slowly becoming unbearable but she refused to scream for help, being the stubborn girl that she was. 

 

Her breath was slowly falling short as she forced herself to sit up and got off the bed but as soon as her legs touched the ground, they gave out on her. She dragged herself to the door and turned the door knob, opening the door. "Oh god, Jangmi-ah." She heard someone gasped and she felt a gush of wind before she felt hands touching her cheeks. She looked up and saw V looking at her worriedly, checking her pulse and her temperature with his hand. 

 

"Jangmi-ah!" She heard someone exclaimed the same time she felt a gush of wind from her room. He was back again. 

 

V carried her bridal style to her bed and checked her vital points, while Jungkook waited anxiously and worriedly for him to finish and tell him what was wrong. He was blaming himself for leaving her alone, even after seeing her in pain. How thoughtless could he be? She was breaking out in cold sweat as her chest hurts more as time passes. "There's nothing wrong with her physically. Her vitals are perfectly fine and her heart is beating healthily. I don't see where the pain is coming from." V said, frowning as he put his hands on her abdomen, trying to feel anything that could cause the pain in her chest.

 

"I'll find her mother." Jungkook said and he was back in seconds, with Jangmi's mother beside him. 

 

"Move aside." She said and V obliged, letting her check what was wrong with Jangmi. She tore the fabric that was covering her left chest without hesitation and widened her eyes when she saw a black veins spreading around the scar where the rod was plunged into a month ago.

 

"What in the world..." V widened his eyes in disbelief while Jungkook looked at his mate in worry, her face was contorted in pain. Jangmi opened her eyes when she managed to grab hold of her consciousness and surroundings.

 

"When did this start?" Her mother looked at her in the eyes with her eyebrows creased and asked, worry laced in her tone. 

 

"You don't have to know." Jangmi said as she breath became heavy, the pain was overwhelming her. 

 

"Don't be so stubborn and answer me properly. When did this happen?" Her mother scolded and Jangmi admittedly was slightly frightened by the tone in her mother's voice. She covered the scar with her right hand, the black veins surrounding it still exposed to everyone, and used her left arm to lift herself up so that she was sitting down. She lifted her right hand slightly to look at the scar and the disgusting black veins surrounding it and simply let out a chuckle, leaving the others bewildered at her laughter. 

 

"This hurts pretty bad." She said and closed her eyes, gulping the saliva to quench . Her neck and forehead covered in cold sweat from the pain she was feeling. "Answer me, please Jangmi-ah." "Don't call me by my name," Jangmi instantly snapped, glaring at her mother in front of with all the energy she could muster. "You're not my mother and never will be." She continued and her mother's eyes watered at Jangmi's words while the 2 vampires were speechless, not knowing how to react to this scene.

 

"Get out. I wish to be alone." Jangmi said. 

 

"No. I'm going to help you whether you like it or not." Her mother said and forcefully put down Jangmi's right hand, putting her own right hand on the scar and soon, a blue glow glazed over her hand. Jangmi gasped at the stinging pain that glow brought her and pushed her mother away. Her mother widened her eyes in shock while Jangmi continued glaring at her with so much loathe that even V and Jungkook was frightened by it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter