|Twenty|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

Jangmi counted in her head with every step she took. She was in the forest, hunting for anyone. She thirst for blood and she would go to the ends of the Earth to quench it. Until today, nobody was able to sense her, which was to her huge advantage since she could easily sneak up on her prey, and she could easily sneak off from her mentors. As much as she hated vampires, she couldn't hate her teachers. This side of her might be feral, but they still held feelings.

 

Her steps were quiet, as she continued counting in her head, wondering how many steps it would take to find her first victim. Her hair stood as soon as she felt a presence besides herself, she might have venom running in her veins, but it didn't mean that she had abilities of a vampire. She still had her normal sense of smell, sight and hearing. It was just that her blood was able to kill vampires instantly if they came in contact with it, which was why she would always fill her dagger with her own blood before using it to kill them.

 

She continued walking, trying to find the source but; "Found you." a female voice suddenly sounded in her ear and she instantly widened her eyes in consternation. She stopped her tracks and looked around her but saw nothing. She frowned as she put a barrier around herself but as soon as she heard a chuckle from her left, she threw a dagger towards that direction telepathically, earning a gasp as the source of the voice started to materialize from nothing, blood oozing out of right shoulder and her face was contorted in pain. A girl with brown hair that reached her waist, pale skin and red lips, and she looked around Jangmi's age, if not, younger.

 

"Found you." Jangmi repeated the girl's words and the girl gave Jangmi a glare. She took out the dagger from her shoulder with a groan and threw it to the ground. 

 

"Hwang Jangmi." The girl called out as Jangmi used her mind to pick up the dagger and kept it in the holster that was hiding under the white cloak. It was still soaked with blood, plus she didn't even changed out yet. "Wow, I didn't expect the rumors to be true. The amount of hatred radiating from you is immense." The girl continued and Jangmi looked at her, her face not giving out any emotions.

 

"You clearly know me. You're a witch." Jangmi stated and the girl just smirked, her wound already healing. 

 

"In other words, you're my princess, although you don't look like one at the moment. You look like a psychopathic killer." The girl said but Jangmi didn't even show a small hint of reaction from the girl's statement. It was supposed to insult Jangmi but Jangmi actually agreed with what the girl said. She was no princess, princesses wouldn't kill her own subjects, and well, princesses certainly wouldn't be out here with clothes covered in blood. 

 

"What do you want from me?" Jangmi asked the girl and the girl shrugged. 

 

"I was just curious about you since rumors were going around, saying that the Princess was a lunatic that craves to have innocent blood on her hands. You've killed innocent witches and vampires just because you felt like it, that was what everyone have been saying and I just wanted to see whether the rumors were true so I have been searching for you." The girl said and Jangmi looked into her eyes to search for anything that could doubt what she said. She saw complete sincerity but there were more to it than what the girl was leading Jangmi on, so she waited for the girl to continue.

 

"And... My parents have been captured by Le Creux and I heard the royal families, including the vampires, are searching for them high and low. You're searching for them too. That was the main reason I seeked out for you. I believe that you have the higher chance of finding them with how powerful you are." The girl continued after taking a deep breath, looking down on the ground and Jangmi felt her heart clenched at the girl's revelation.

 

She knew first-hand how the prisoners held by Le Creux were treated, and it was the main reason she had a split personality. The feral side slowly backed down and the glow in Jangmi's eyes dimmed, soon, the Jangmi who was locked in her mind, surfaced. She somehow managed to hear what the girl said when the feral Jangmi let her guards down which was rare since she always had her guards up high and the main Jangmi would've remembered nothing of what the feral Jangmi did while she was in control.

 

Jangmi gave the girl a sad smile before turning her back to the young witch and started walking. "Where are you going?" The girl asked and Jangmi stopped her tracks.

 

"Hunting. You have no idea how many creepy crawlies there are in the forest, watching my every move, especially those who craves for my power." Jangmi replied and continued walking. She heard the girl catching up to her and stopped her tracks again.

 

"Can I follow? I mean, I'll help you in any way I can. I may be a witch still in training but I could still be useful. Please?" The girl said, her eyes practically begging for approval. Jangmi assessed the girl's eyes, wondering if she could trust her. The girl could be working

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter