|Fifteen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

Everyone had assembled in the conference room, even Jangmi. They had a lot of things to talk about, especially to Jangmi but she wasn't even giving them the attention that they needed. In fact, she had her head on one of her arm that was resting on the table as she stared at the branded scars that was on her forearm in front of her. The others were aware of this but didn't say anything about it, afraid that Jangmi would simply snap if she was disturbed. 

 

"Jangmi-ah, have you been listening to what we've been saying?" She heard her brother asked but she didn't respond and simply stared at her forearm. She heard him let out a soft sigh as well as the sound of someone patting on a back. She had listened to all the explanations or whatnot from her biological family, but she wasn't reacting to it and it was making everyone feel extremely edgy. They would rather have her scream and shout in their faces than simply sitting there with her head on the table, looking dazed. 

 

Apparently, she was from a royal family of the witches species and she was the direct descendant of a sorceress, so basically, she was a Princess. She was sent to live with a human couple because the rebel group 'Le Creux' was after her family, so she was sent to hide with her brother. But as soon as her brother was of age, he was required to go back to the Kingdom to perform his duties as the crowned prince, having no choice but to make her believe that he had disappeared, leaving her with unwanted memories. That was what she had concluded from what she heard, completely omitting the fact that they had been looking after her in the shadows and making sure she was fine. 

 

So, they basically also knew about Jungkook being her mate. 

 

"Jangmi-ah. Scream at us or something. Don't just sit there and stare at your arm." She heard her brother's mate said. She blinked lightly when she felt her eyes going dry from staring at her forearm for too long. It had been two days since she woke up, and she stayed in bed the whole day yesterday. Food was delivered by either Jungkook, her brother, or Jin, but the food would ended up not being eaten. She didn't have the appetite even if she hadn't eaten for a month. She was hungry, but she just didn't feel like eating. The only thing that she ate was the small biscuits that had been served as a snack for her since she wasn't eating a meal. At least she ate something. 

 

Jangmi sat up and looked at his brother's mate. Yoojung was her name, as told by Jin. Both of their eyes met and the tension in the conference room was slowly rising. The others looked between the two females, a little helpless at the situation before them. 

 

"You're all done right?" Jangmi asked and all of them tensed as soon as they heard the question. Jangmi didn't wait for an answer and simply stood up, leaving the conference room and closing the door behind her. Before she could take another step though, she was blocked by Jungkook. He had managed to leave the conference room before the door was fully closed. 

 

"Please don't do this to us... Don't torture yourself anymore. If you want to cry, just cry. If you want to scream, just do so. Don't keep all the anger inside your heart." Jungkook pleaded, his eyes watered and Jangmi actually felt a tad guilty for leaving the conference room like that. But the guilt was overpowered by the anger that she was feeling towards them. Hide her to protect her from the rebel group? Well, look how well it turned out to be, and Jungkook. He was being all nice to her now since she wasn't a helpless human anymore. 

 

"Then, can I torture the rest of you instead?" Jangmi asked and Jungkook widened his eyes in both surprise and shock. She let out a smirk and side-stepped him, but he held her arm, stopping her from walking. 

 

"Yes, torture us. We're the ones at fault, not you." Jungkook said, his face showed no hint of regret of what he had just said. In fact, he looked pretty determined and Jangmi just had to stare at him, feeling slightly taken aback but she didn't show it. She looked down at Jungkook's grip on her arm and gave a lop-sided smile. 

 

"I understand. But please do release your hold on my arm. I feel extremely disturbed every single time you touch me." Jangmi said and Jungkook tensed, his grip on her arm unknowingly tightened at the hurtful words but Jangmi couldn't be bothered by his pain and forcefully released his grip on her. It slightly ached when she did that but she remained composed and turned her back towards him. She walked away from him, not knowing where she wanted to go. She didn't want to go to her room since it was suffocating, and she didn't want to be in this castle anymore than she needed to be, but she didn't have anywhere else to go. It was undoubtedly frustrating. 

 

At least she walks better now. 

 

She walked and walked and she somehow ended up in the dungeon. She looked around, expecting a J-hope to pop up out of nowhere but she was greeted with nothing. She looked around and saw algae growing at the corners of the grey brick walls. The light was dim, like the library that she had mistakenly entered the other time. She gasped and flinched when someone clashed against the gates of the cell she was walking pass."Blood," the man stretched out his arm towards Jangmi, who was looking at him shocked. 

 

He bared his fangs and his pupils were bloodshot red, he was craving for blood. Was he a half-blood? Or was he a famished pure-blood? Jangmi stared at him, a little lost at what to do. Her brain was telling her to run away and never return, but her heart was forcing her to stay put and telling her to offer a little of her blood to him. What to do? She thought to herself, agitated. 

 

"Please, just a drop of your blood." His voice extremely raspy. It seemed like he was starved. Well, he was clearly starved, but was it even a good idea to even be here and talk to him? She let out a sigh  looked around for a sharp object and saw a small rock, but it had a sharp end to it. She picked it up and used it to cut the hem of her shirt before sliding the sharp end across her forearm, making a cut that was about 2cm long. As soon as she did that though, clashing of gates soon resonated across the dungeon walls, as well as growlings, 'blood.' she heard the word over and over again from different part of the dungeon that it terrified her.

 

She wrapped her bleeding forearm with the cloth that she tore from her shirt, regretting what she did. She was about to run up the stairs to leave the dungeon but as soon as she was at the top of the stairs, J-hope and Jungkook appeared, their pupils red. "What the hell did you do?" J-Hope asked, glaring at Jangmi. Jangmi tensed, fear crept up her heart. What did I do? Jangmi thought to herself and both of the vampire's eyes narrowed at her bleeding forearm. She noticed it and clenched her fist unconsciously, cutting herself accidently when the sharp rock met her palm.

 

"Don't tell me, you fed them your blood?" Jungkook asked, looking at Jangmi in disbelief. She let out a deep breath, trying to look brave but she knew that it was useless attempt. She was so scared of the two vampires in front of her that she could barely breathe. Oh god, breathe. She couldn't breathe. She tried to breathe through her nose but it felt like her windpipe wasn't accepting the air that she was forcing herself to take in. 

 

"Jangmi?" Jungkook frowned when he noticed that there was something wrong with her. Her face was turning red and she was biting her lower lip. Her neck turned skins and bones. 

 

"I'm sorry but..." Jangmi started, her breath short and Jungkook widened his eyes when he realised what was happening to her. Rapmon had mentioned it to him before. 

 

"Don't talk, breathe Jangmi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter