|Ten|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Jangmi looked at her mirror reflection. She looked gorgeous, no doubt. The maids did a wonderful job on her make up. She was just starring into the mirror. Her eyes rather blank. I’m the mate of Jeon Jungkook. She thought to herself, her heart constricting in the process, yet ironically, that thought brought butterflies into her stomach. 

 

That thought itself was enough to bring Jangmi to tears. Her eyes watered and she let out a deep breath to calm herself down but it wasn’t working. Finally, after more than half an hour of just sitting there and starring into her reflection, she decided to get up and take off her dress and makeup. The ball was long over. After changing into a pair of shorts and oversized hoodie to go to sleep with, she proceeded with removing her makeup.

 

Her thought unconsciously drove off to Jungkook again. It was funny how this situation turned out to be. Just a month ago, she was a normal girl, going to a normal school. The next, she was into a world of vampire and then it was revealed that she was the mate of a vampire king. Jangmi let out a dry chuckle in spite of herself, as tears started building up in her eyes again. She was rejected. She was starting to piece the puzzles together. The ball, all the flirting that he did in front of her. It was to tell her that despite them being mates, he would never accept her.

 

Why did he forbade her from leaving the castle if he didn’t want to mate with her? Just because she was human. Did he not think about the growing feelings that she had for him, or he did but he was just too selfish because he didn’t want her to run off with some other man? Jangmi messed her hair in frustration and went to take a lukewarm bath to calm her mind down. Her mind was so messed up with the sudden revelation.

 

She closed her eyes as she went deeper into the lukewarm water, leaving only her eyes and nose on the surface. His face kept appearing in her mind. She went deeper into the water unknowingly, and her whole face was under. She was trying her best to keep her mind off Jungkook and her aching heart. Before she knew it, she was running out of oxygen in her lungs and she opened instinctively but that just led to the amount of oxygen that she was left with to escape into the water in a form of bubbles.

 

Her lungs were starting to hurt as she heard the faint knocking of the door, and a muffled voice. Water was entering her nose and mouth, filling the lungs with water. She could vaguely hear the faint beating of her heart, and her eyelids were becoming too heavy to carry so she just let them fall.

 

“Jangmi-ah!” She heard a faint voice shouted as she lost consciousness.

+++

 

Jin had seen Jungkook left the castle through the window of his room. He heard a knock and told the person outside the door to come in. “So… I’ve told Jangmi.” Xiumin started after closing the door behind him and Jin turned to look at him. Jin gave him an appreciative smile and nodded.

 

“Why didn’t you tell her yourself anyway?” Xiumin asked, leaning again the door with his arms folded across his chest. He was wearing a frown on his face. He disliked being asked for favors but he made an exception for Jin since he felt pity for him. And the most important thing was that he didn’t want Jungkook to feel the pain of losing a mate, just like Jin did.

 

“Maybe because there would be zero chances of you getting killed by Jungkook. He might be king but he knows not to mess with the first breeds.” Jin said and Xiumin just chuckled in amusement. True. No matter how strong their friendship was, there was still a chance of Jungkook killing Jin. But for Xiumin, he was strong enough to hold Jungkook off, since technically, Xiumin and his clan of vampires were of a higher rank compared to Jungkook. They were so much more experienced and stronger than Jungkook, and he knew that.

 

“Right. You should check on Jangmi though. She must be having a mental breakdown right now.” Xiumin said, his voice turned serious. Jin sighed and nodded.

 

“Alright. Thanks for coming and pass my regards to the others.” Jin said and Xiumin nodded before leaving the room. Jin sighed and turned back to look out the window again. Wondering how he should comfort Jangmi.

 

After a while, Jin had decided to go to Jangmi’s room. He knocked but there wasn’t any answer. “I’m coming in.” He said and opened the door, despite the lack of answer. He could hear Jangmi’s faint heartbeat from the bathroom and frowned. A human’s heart shouldn’t be beating that softly. He knocked on the bathroom door and there was still no answer.

 

He was slowly getting worried and he knocked on the door even more roughly, shouting for her to open the bathroom door. When there was still no answer, and her heart was slowly getting fainter, he broke open the door and widened his eyes when he saw her underneath the water. His still heart dropped to his stomach at the sight and he quickly brought her up to the surface. He carried her to the bed, not even bothering to look down at her body.

 

He checked her pulse and it was getting fainter by the second. She wasn’t breathing and Jin was starting to panic. “V!” He screamed for his friend, who was a physician. He might not look like it, but he was a good doctor.

 

“Wh- Oh my god.” V snapped in annoyance but widened his eyes in panic when he saw the state Jangmi was in. “She’s not breathing. Oh god. Hurry up!” Jin exclaimed and V nodded, entering into the room. Jin at least had the curtesy to cover Jangmi’s body with the blanket.

 

“He’s going to kill me for kissing her.” V groaned after he pumped her chest. Jin was behind V, looking at Jangmi’s pale complexion. V went down and squeezed Jangmi’s nose with his index finger and thumb before blowing air into her system through . After 2 blows, V continued pumping her chest 30 times before blowing into twice again. He did 2 more cycles of CPR before Jangmi started coughing out the water in her lungs and both vampires let out a sigh of relief.

 

“Goodness.” Jin let out a deep breath, both hands over his chest while V patted Jangmi’s back to calm her down.

 

“What were you thinking?!” Jin exclaimed and Jangmi flinched in surprise. Her lungs were burning and her body cold. Her eyes were stinging from the tears that was threatening to make itself known due to the pain. She had no idea what had happened. 

 

“Do you want to kill yourself just because Jungkook made the ball to make you jealous!?” Jin exclaimed and Jangmi winced at the volume and the harshness of his voice. But something clicked in her brain.

 

“Jealous?” She asked, her voice sounded raspy. Jin glared at Jangmi and disappeared from the room within seconds and Jangmi turned to V in confusion. V’s cheeks were red and he cleared his throat when he made eye contact with Jangmi.

 

“You might want to get dressed.” He said, turning his back towards Jangmi as she looked down on her body. Her blood rushed to her face as she saw her exposed chest and pulled up the blanket higher. “Oh god.” She gasped as she pulled the blanket up her exposed chest. She realized that she was as she felt the bed sheet directly on her skin.

 

V cleared his throat an awkward chuckle. “I’ll wait outside. Open the door when you’re done. We need to talk about what just happened.” V said and quickly rushed outside, closing the door and Jangmi’s face was still red. Jin and V just saw her . Oh god, how embarrassing could this get? Then again, Jin ran out of the room angry.

 

Jangmi let out a sigh as her mind was slowly becoming more and more messed up. She got off the bed and wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt after wearing her undergarments. She open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter