|Nine|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

The ball that Jangmi was informed about last minute. It was just yesterday that they were talking about mates, and she wasn’t informed of any ball that she was supposed to attend. Suga was the one who informed her about it last night during dinner and she was absolutely baffled. The others were as confused as Suga, who seemed like he didn’t know that Jangmi wasn’t informed of the ball today.

 

All of them thought that Jungkook had already told her about the ball and the excuse that Jungkoook gave Jangmi when she confronted him was, “I forgot.” That was all that was exchanged between them. Jangmi was starting to think that she had dreamt about the night Jungkook came into her room to offer the comfort that she needed. It was not real, she was brainwashing herself into thinking that but she knew, it was true. But Jungkook was being more hostile towards her.

 

Was it because he was disappointed in her? Was it because he was disgusted that she watched her brother got but she did nothing about it? What exactly was it that made Jungkook become hostile towards? She had spent the whole night, tossing and turning in bed just thinking about it. No matter how many times she tried to keep his face away from her mind, it was near impossible.

 

Jangmi groaned in frustration before she decided to proceed to the washroom to wash herself up before the maids come into her room and doll her up.

 

As soon as she left the washroom, she was greeted by 3 maids. One of them holding a dress with a cover over it to make sure that no dirt could touch the dress, one holding a make-up set, while the last was holding a bag that looked like it was for her hair, since she had a comb in her right pocket of her uniform.

 

“Please sit over here your highness. We’ll prepare you for the ball.” One of them gestured Jangmi to the dressing table, and pulled the chair for Jangmi. “Why is everyone calling me your highness?” Jangmi frowned, starting to feel annoyed. First the chef, now the maids. Yes, she should feel honored to be called royalty, but the fact was that, she wasn’t.

 

The maid just offered her a smile, not saying anything more as she started doing her hair, which was wet since she just came out of the shower. 

 

It took her almost three hours to finally finish her hair and makeup done. Her was already numb for sitting too long. “What time is this ball?” Jangmi asked, eating her late lunch before the lipstick was applied.

 

“The doors will be open at 6, however you are required to be present at 7, with the King.” The maid said, as she touched up her hair. Her hair was split 7:3, and it was permed at the bottom. They put hairspray on the hair so that the hairstyle would stay. They added some glitter after tying a low half ponytail. It was pretty to be honest. She looked good even without the dress on.

 

“I can just go in at 6 like the others since the difficult part is done.” Jangmi said, referring to the hair and makeup. All she had to do was just wear the dress and apply the lipstick and she would be done. She was positive it wouldn’t take long to wear the dress.

 

“Negative your highness. The ballroom will be filled with vampires and even if you don’t have a scent, a minor cut would get the attention of all the vampires in the ballroom.” One of the maid said, and Jangmi hid a cringe at the title again. ‘Your highness’. She still had no idea why she was being called that. More important things at hand, she wasn’t informed what the ball was for, and neither was she informed that the whole place would be crawling with more vampires.

 

She was clueless.

 

“Vampires? And they want me to attend the ball?” Jangmi asked in disbelief. She was definitely baffled. She desperately wanted to know what was inside Jungkook’s head at this moment. He saved her from a vampire, only to get dry by another. That was what Jangmi was expecting.

 

“What is the occasion anyway?” Jangmi asked, breathing out through her nose. She was pissed.

 

“We have no idea. We were just told that there is going to be a ball today two days ago. We have no rights to know about the details.” One of the maid said and Jangmi just let out a sigh, refraining herself from ruining the hair that the maid spent hours doing. She finished her food before the maids continued with what they were doing.

+++

 

“Let me get this straight, the point of this pointless ball was to make Jangmi stay away from you?” Jimin concluded after hearing Jungkook’s unreasonable reason to come up with the ball. The ball was planned two days ago, but Jungkook was caught up with his own duties to bother explaining what it was all about. It was planned on the night Jangmi told him of her horrible past.

 

Jungkook left her room after making sure that she was sleeping. He realized that she was starting to feel the pull towards him. If he continued this, his resolution of not mating with Jangmi would be gone, and he would not have that. His hormones were already hard to control whenever he was around Jangmi, but Jangmi opening her heart to him just made it worse. He just couldn’t have that.

 

“Is there something wrong with that?” Jungkook asked, sounding bored but he honestly felt guilty for what was going to happen later in the day. Jin clenched his fist in anger, glaring at Jungkook with so much loath that that latter had to sit up straight on his throne.

 

“You want to hurt her and you’re asking if there’s something wrong with it?” Jimin asked in disbelief. All of them were, even J-Hope, the most logical person in the group.  

 

“If you’re going to play with her feelings like this, you might as well have sent her back home!” Jin exclaimed, feeling extremely protective over Jangmi. They’ve already built a friendship, and no way in hell was he going to let Jangmi get hurt. He had already lost his mate even before they even met. But Jungkook had the chance with his mate and he just blew it off like it was nothing! King or not, this was absolutely unacceptable.

 

“I do whatever I want to.” Jungkook said, clearly unhappy at how his friends were acting. It was his decision. Yes, he understood why they were angry but they should understand why he had to do this.

 

“Fine then. Do whatever you want, your majesty.” Jin bowed mockingly before he left the throne room in seconds, leaving the other 5 of this friends.

 

“Send her home.” Suga simply said, looking at Jungkook. Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the second oldest of the group of friends. “If you want to push her away, just send her home. Out of s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter