|Four|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 

 

Jangmi stretched her body, trying to loose every strain that her muscle was suffering from. She just woke up from her nap that she was sure would cause her another sleepless night. Her body clock had been pretty much screwed ever since she started staying here. All she did was eat and sleep all day long. Literally.

 

She went out to the garden or explored the castle once in a while. She even managed to remember her way around, so it was unlikely that she would get lost. Unless there was some hidden parts of the castle that she wasn’t told about of course.

 

She went to wash up before wearing a dress from the closet. For some strange reason, all of the dresses fitted her nicely. The dresses, jeans, flowy skirts. It fitted her perfectly. Either the person who occupied this room had the same physique as her, or someone had put in a few clothes for her to wear. But it was impossible since she didn’t see anyone enter the room just to put some clothes for her, so she was just going to go with the first thought.

 

She used a towel to dry her hair and after making sure no more water dripped on the floor from the ends of the hair, she combed it before leaving the room. It was almost time for dinner. Yes, she decided to go to the humongous dining room for food now, instead of having someone -Jin, occasionally Rapmon- to bring food up to her.

 

“Boo.” She heard someone said into her ear, startling her. She let out a gasp and a flinch before turning to see who it was. She frowned when she saw his face. He let out a smirk, standing up from his previous bending down position. She looked up at him, giving him a questioning look.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked and Jangmi scoffed. She had gained some sort of courage to stand up to him after staying here for a few days. God knows where that courage came from but well, it still gave her some sort of courage. He was not as scary as he made himself out to be.

 

“A place called a dining room where you’re barely present. Something that I am eternally grateful for.” Jangmi said and Jungkook gave another smirk that sent Jangmi’s heart racing. Jungkook noticed this and his smirk never faded.

 

“It’s been a while since I saw you, even if we live in the same place.” Jungkook said, leaning against the nearest wall. Jangmi folded her arms across her chest, unconsciously pushing her up. Jungkook took notice of that and let out a frown. “Put down your hands.”

 

Jangmi’s frown deepened at that command, “And who are you to tell me what to do and what not to do? You’ve already forbade me from leaving this place, and now you’re forbidding me to do whatever I want with my body?” Jungkook continued staring at her pushed up chest and Jangmi seemed to finally notice.

 

She quickly put down her hand, and let them rest on each side of her hips. “My eyes are up here you ert.” Jangmi snapped in annoyance and Jungkook’s eyebrows creased. Nobody talks to the King that way. “Respect Jangmi. Do not talk to me that way.”

 

“I do what I want.” Jangmi snapped and walked away from him but she was pulled back, her back slamming against the wall. At least it didn't hurt this time. She looked up at Jungkook in shock. She thought that she wasn’t going to be in this position again. He promised!

 

“I’m not someone to be disrespected like that Hwang Jangmi, no matter who you are to me, I deserve respect from you.” Jungkook said lowly, threatening Jangmi. Jangmi was indeed intimidated but her stubbornness overshot that intimidation by a head.

 

“Let me leave then. You’re clearly not happy with me, and I’m pretty sure I hate your guts at this moment. So, let me leave this castle.” Jangmi return Jungkook’s glare.

 

“We’ve only met thrice, what did I do to make you hate me?” Jungkook asked, slightly hurt and confused, but he covered all that up with a face voided of any emotions. A face that he always wore to hide his true feelings. 

 

“We’re nothing but strangers, and being forced to stay in a stranger’s place isn’t a good way to start a friendship. So yes, I hate you. And you broke your promise. You said you wouldn’t slam me against the wall again but you just did.” Jangmi said and Jungkook just looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry for making you hate me then.” Jungkook said, taking a step back as he lets go of her arm. She felt an unusual pang in her heart at both Jungkook’s words and actions. She actually felt bad for saying she hated him. He started walking away from her and she looked at his back that was moving further and further away from her.

 

What’s wrong with you Jangmi? She scolded herself. Her feelings were becoming more and more foreign to her. Especially the feelings that Jungkook was giving her. She let out a sigh, trying to calm herself down.

 

“Did you fight with Jungkook?” She heard a familiar voice asked and she turned to see V together with Suga. She waved to them and simply gave them a shrug.

 

“He’s infuriating to say the least. He’s just so confusing. One minute he’s all arrogant and smirking all the time, the next he becomes this cold bastard that makes people feel bad.” Jangmi complained and both V and Suga gave her an amused smile, sharing a knowing look with each other to which Jangmi actually caught.

 

“What was that look for?” Jangmi narrowed her eyes in suspicion. V chuckled and Suga’s amused smile didn’t even seem to be fading.

 

“Oh nothing. You’ll understand him sooner or later. But yes, I do agree that he can be infuriating at times. We’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter