|Eighteen|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay pulled the blanket up to Jangmi's chest as she was sound asleep. She fainted shortly after setting both the head and the body on fire.

 

She have been suffering from a dual personality ever since she had came to terms with herself. The side that hated vampires till the bones and the other side that still had a soft spot and affection for vampires. Strangely though, she was neutral with being a sorceress. She must've already accepted that fate and just got along with it. 

 

But having been tortured by vampires must have been a pain so deep that she couldn't take on it on her own so she had another personality that took all that hatred from them. But that personality rarely comes out. They were beyond shock the first time they saw it, when she started leaving without anyone knowing and started killing innocent vampires out of nowhere. They didn't know about it until Suho coincidentally saw it happening before his eyes. 

 

They've tried restraining her and tried to talk sense into her but nothing seemed to work. Just when they thought that she had finally calmed down, it happened again, and she had even began counting the number of vampires that she killed.

 

"I fear for their lives now. We didn't even know that she still had that side of her. Damn, she hid it so well." Chanyeol said more to himself but everyone heard it. Xiumin glared at Chanyeol and the latter who cleared his throat. They were in the living room, discussing of a way to stop Jangmi before she starts causing a scene in the vampire world. Well, she already has, but it hasn't spread so far... yet. 

 

"I'll pay the King a visit, but someone else has to pay the Queen a visit as well. She still believes that her daughter is dead." Sehun suggested, looking at his older brothers who seemed to agree.

 

"I'll do it, who wants to come with me?" Xiumin asked and Lay volunteered. 

 

"I'll follow Sehun then." Suho said and Sehun just nodded. "The rest of you, keep an eye on her. Makes sure she stays in the house." Suho instructed, facing his remaining younger brothers. They simply nodded and the 4 of them left the house, leaving the 5 of them in the house. 

 

"I'll stay in her room, just in case she wakes up. Baekhyun and Chen stay outside the door and Chanyeol and Kai guard the mansion outside." Kyungsoo said and they nodded at the plan. Kyungsoo entered the room and sat on the handrest of the sofa, his arms folded across his chest as he looked at Jangmi's peaceful face.

 

"You could've told anyone of us the pain you're feeling. Why are you keeping it to yourself?" Kyungsoo muttered under his breath, his eyes fixated on her face. He let out a small smile and closed his eyes to get some rest after the small commotion just now. He was patrolling the perimeter when Xiumin found him and told him that Jangmi went missing, so he went to join the others to find for her. 

 

Jangmi was important, not only to them, but to the world. She was the one to stop the world from getting overrun by blood-thirsting vampires, and the greed of those leaders in that amoral organization. It was written in the cave of prophecy and they knew about it the moment Xiumin met her in that ball that Jungkook organized that was supposed to be an attempt to chase her away. But how the hell was she going to help the world when she couldn't even help herself? Let alone let anyone in to help her?

 

+++

 

"Well, you seemed to be woken up by a nightmare, not by me." He said, his back leaning against the wall as he watched the King breaking out in cold sweat and looking terrified. The King was sitting up and was looking at the former vampire in genuine surprise. How was he not able to sense his presence in his very own chambers?

 

"What are you doing here?" He asked the unwanted visitor and the latter scoffed. "You told me off earlier today, I didn't expect myself to see you so soon. What brings you here?" The King asked again after he got off the bed. 

 

"I would be more than glad to meet you later than sooner, but the situation we're facing is even more dire than we have expected. It's about that girlfriend of yours." He said and before he could even bat an eyelash, the King was in front of him, eyes instantly filled with anger, pain and fear.

 

"Don't you dare joke around with me about my mate, Oh Sehun." The King growled and Sehun just stared at the former without a hint of fear nor intimidation. Jungkook glowered at Sehun, waiting for him to say something but Sehun said nothing, to his annoyance. 

 

"What is it?" He asked, his glare died down and was replaced by genuine worry. Sehun jerked his head forward, signaling him to back up and the King gladly obliged. Sehun stood up straight and had his hands in his pockets as he walked to the sofa and sat down. He crossed his arms and legs as he leaned against the backrest, looking at Jungkook. Jungkook looked at the first breed anxiously, waiting for his question to be answered.

 

"If you haven't caught on yet, your girlfriend is completely different from before." Sehun started, which was responded by a scoff.

 

"She changed the moment she woke up from her coma after being kidnapped by Le Creux. How much more can she change?" Jungkook asked and it was Sehun's turn to scoff.

 

"You have no idea son. If you think she was bad then, she got so much worse now that I doubt you can look at her the same way. We've been nursing her and training her, taking care of her to the best of our abilities but it could only go so much. We couldn't heal her emotional and mental scars. And for that, you can't completely blame on Le Creux. If only you had accepted how she was before, she wouldn't have been so hurt and she wouldn't have turned out like..." Sehun paused, thinking of a way to describe Jangmi but gave up and simply said, "How she is today."

 

"How is she today?" Jungkook asked and Sehun just raised an eyebrow at the question.

 

"I know that I've hurt her. I've been constantly regretting the moment she left the castle and getting kidnapped by them, and after saving her, I've been trying to get her to open up to me but she was gone before I knew it. Now, answer me you old man. What do you mean by 'how she is today'? What happened to her?" Jungkook asked, feeling agitated and Sehun frowned at the nickname but shrugged it off easily. There were more important matters at hand.

 

"You'll know when you see her. I'm just here to warn you about her." Sehun said and stood up. He turned around, his back facing Jungkook. "You'll be hearing some news soon from the other vampires and you'll get a gist of it." Sehun said and he was gone in mere seconds, leaving Jungkook dumbfounded and confused.

 

Sehun left the castle with Suho, who had been watching the exchange between the two but didn't in since it wasn't his place to do so. They suddenly felt a sting on their chest and stopped their tracks simultaneously. They looked at each other with their eyes wide, "Oh god." Suho cursed under his breath before the both of them sped home. Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter