Epilogue

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on! Girl, it's not only your wedding we're celebrating!" Yoojung, Bogum's mate, rushed Jangmi as the latter was still putting on her heels. She actually had it on but it was so painful for her to stand that she took it off again. She wanted to put on a pair of sneakers instead but no, her sister-in-law forced her to put on the heels and threatened her. Her dress was already heavy and not only did she need to carry her weight, but she also have to carry with weight of the dress and the jewelry, so having to wear heels were undoubted extremely painful for her. She could barely walk.

 

Jangmi groaned as she forced herself to stand up. It had been a year since she was kidnapped and 6 months since Jungkook proposed to her. Not only did Jungkook proposed to her on the same day Jimin proposed to Shannon, but they even decided to have a wedding on the same day, and everyone agreed to have a simple wedding, inviting only their close friends and family members, including the first breed EXO vampires. Well, royalties from other species were a must to invite to ensure peace among the different races. 

 

"Not bad." Shannon gave a wink to Jangmi as soon as Jangmi and Yoojung entered the brides' room. 

 

"Not bad yourself." Jangmi chuckled, looking at her bestfriend who looked stunning in her white wedding dress. Jangmi's dress was red and definitely fancier than Shannon's though, apparently it was a royal wedding dress which was worn by every soon-to-be queen, so it was last worn by Jungkook's mother, grandmother and the list went on, not knowing when the dress was actually made.

 

Jangmi felt a little burdened by the dress as it held power and grace, the title of the queen definitely didn't sit well with Jangmi but she didn't have any other choice since her mate was king. Jangmi let out a sigh as reality sunk in, she was going to be the queen of the vampire race. "Hey, what's with the long face?" Yoojung asked, her face filled with concern.

 

Jangmi gave her a small smile, "I just... I can't believe that I'm going to be queen. I don't think I'm ready for those responsibilities yet." She said and Yoojung rolled her eyes at Jangmi's words.

 

"And did you think I was ready for all those queen duties when your brother became King after your parents decide to suddenly lay themselves to rest?" Yoojung retorted and both Jangmi and Shannon laughed. Yoojung had a point there.

 

After making up and forgiving her parents for the they had put her through, her parents decided that it was time to give the crown to her brother and after a while, they decided that they had lived long enough and they wanted to go to sleep, a sleep that they would never wake up from. It was a sudden decision and both Jangmi and her brother was obviously upset by them but who were they to stop their parents from doing what they wanted to do. 

 

Their parents had lived a long life, and without a doubt, suffered a lot to reach where they were. It was time for them to take a rest and both Jangmi and Bogum respected their decision. Although they could've waited a little longer to see Jangmi's wedding, but Jangmi believed they would be there, watching her from the stars. 

 

"Fine. I get it." Jangmi gave a short chuckle. 

 

"It's time, your highness." A knock was heard and the two brides looked at each other. They were both looking nervous but Jangmi gave her bestfriend an encouraging smile. 

 

"Let's go girls." Yoojung gestured both brides to link arms with her and they both did. 

 

They entered the vehicle that was going to bring them to the church for the wedding ceremony. No matter how many times Jangmi thought about it, it was a rather weird location choice since church and vampires definitely did not go well together. But for the sake of Shannon's family, the church was the best choice, and Shannon's family definitely did not know anything about the supernatural world, and Shannon didn't want to bring them into this complicated world.

 

Jangmi agreed with Shannon, this world was complicated and a normal human, that didn't have anything to do with it, would never understand. 

 

After a nerve-wrecking drive to the church, especially with no one talking in the car, they finally reached the church. "Ready?" Yoojung asked, interlocking her arms with the brides. Both of them gave a nod, grinning from ear to ear. Shannon approached her father when she saw him and gave her father a kiss on the cheek. Her father hugged her and gave her encouraging words as Jangmi walked towards her brother with Yoojung.

 

"Well, you look stunning." Bogum complimented and Jangmi chuckled.

 

"Well, you look dashing yourself." Jangmi said and B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter