I Just Want To Know What You're Thinking

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

 

“----! Please! Stop and listen to me!” Chunji called out but you didn’t want to listen. Your tears just kept falling, you didn’t think about how tired you were from running. You were heartbroken. “----!” you wanted to ignore Chunji’s voice and get away from him. You didn’t watch your step and tripped over, you scraped your knee but that didn’t bother. All you did was cry. “----!” Chunji ran up to you and held your arms “Don’t touch me!” your words trembled and you pushed him away. You kept your head down so that he couldn’t see you cry.

 

Jiyoung stood up and approached the gifts, she picked up the necklace and the box. She opened the box and saw the watch neatly clean sitting in the box. “Rubbish..” Jiyoung threw the box away and kept the necklace to herself. “Who do you think you are!!?” Hyewoo tackled Jiyoung and both fell on the ground together. “Do you ever think that you can do whatever you?! Do you think that you can take what’s not yours to keep?! More importantly, do you know what God damn day it is?!!” Hyewoo sat on top of her and grabbed her by the collar. She was about to throw a punch when Stephanie stopped her “Hyewoo!” Stephanie pulled her up and pulled her away from Jiyoung.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that I’d be the one to beat her?!”

“And what do you expect me to do, just stand here and let her get away with it?! This dumb b-”

“Shut up!”

“What I mean to say was, this dumb bimbo ruined the most important day of a couples life!”

“And you think you’ve never hurt this couple?!”

Hyewoo stayed quiet and didn’t talk back. Stephanie looked at her then glared at Jiyoung. “You, what did you take?”

Jiyoung stood up and held her injured arm from Hyewoo “Nothing”

“What. Did you take?”

“I told you and took nothing!”

Stephanie’s temper rose and hit Jiyoung in the face

“Can I try now?” Hyewoo whispered and she held Steph’s arm with pleading eyes

“No”

“Aw” She pouted and took a step back

“If I see you walking around with something that’s not yours. You’ll be sleeping for a very long time”

 “Hurry up and leave before we beat your sorry ”

 

Jiyoung ran off and Stephanie looked back at Hyewoo who shrugged at her “I really wanted to say that”

“You can never be serious can you?”

 

Chunji refused to not let go of you “--- let me help you!” “I don’t want you near me! Go away!” You pushed him off again and he sat there on his knees watching you. He had enough and picked you up bridal style. You gasped and immediately clung onto his neck. You hid your face in his chest “Put me down…” “If you move, I’ll drop you, and I don’t want to do that so stop moving” You didn’t speak and stayed put. He lightly threw you up so he could hold you properly then headed for your house.

 

It was a long walk and you’d fallen asleep. You started falling clipping from his arms so Chunji lifted you up again. You slowly opened your eyes then looked at him. You looked back down and lived in your thoughts for a moment. You could hear his panting as he walked up the hill

 

“Don’t your arms hurt?”

“No, never when I’m carrying you” He sounded like he was running out of breath. You could see the sweat running down his neck and you started to feel bad

“You’re not even tired?”

“No”

“Hmm” you rested your head on his chest and closed your eyes

“Look, I know you don’t want to hear about what happened, but will you believe me if I said it wasn’t me. You’ve been told this so many times from me and the same thing just keeps happening over and over again. Every time I tell you, I’m telling the truth. God can kill me if I ever lie to you. But even so, I can understand if you don’t believe me. You don’t have to forgive me if you don’t want to. I just, I just want to know what you’re thinking right now. I just want to know if you’ll talk to me”

 

You gave it a moment’s silent as you didn’t want to say anything, because you weren’t thinking anything. You just wanted to hear what he had to say about it. And yes, you believed him, you know the type of person he is. You know he’ll never betray you. Not even for the world. He’s only done so much for you and all you give back is crying, broken hearts and forgiveness. But you never know what goes through his mind, so you didn’t have much to say.

 

“Nothing” You smiled and held him tighter “I’m thinking about nothing” Chunji looked at you and lifted you up again. “Let’s restart this day all over again yes? Without any disruptions or anyone getting in our way. It’ll be perfect” You nodded “mm hm”