Going back to the past

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

The day ended and you were at home doing your homework. You heard the doorbell ring, but then your parent answered it. You went up to the stairs but you stopped at the very top to hear what was going on. You looked around and saw L.Joe sitting across the couch from your parents. You um walked out of the kitchen with water and glass cups. She poured L.Joe a cup and he drank it. Your mum sat down and no one spoke. Your mum broke off the silence.

 

“So how are doing with Ajusshi?” Your mum asked

“Good”

“What about your studies?” Asked you dad

“Good”

“Byunghun is there anything wrong? You don’t seem yourself lately”

You listened but you were confused about what was going on ­–Why are they so concerned about L.Joe?- You gasped –Did something bad happen?-

“----- is doing well” Said you mum

“We know how worried you are about her and you rarely get to see her and see how well she’s doing”

-Why are they talking about me???-

“Where is she?” He asked

“She’s up in her room doing homework, do you want to go see her? It’s probably the right time for her o know as well” Said your dad

-What the hell? L.Joe? See me? And what do I need to know? God this is so messed up- You quietly but quickly went back into your room and did your homework

 

L.Joe knocked on your bedroom door. “Come in~” His head appeared from behind and you were surprised “Ah, Byunghun-shi”

“------? Can I talk to you for a while?”

“S-sure”

“You’re wondering what the hell am I doing here right? And What else is there to say to you but hi? Well, since you were younger, I’ve always been keeping an eye on you, I’ve always been watching over you and making sure you don’t get into trouble. Every time you were in danger, your Byunghun was there for you. When I was just about 3 or 4 I was there for your first steps. But you never saw me?....... ----- I’m your brother Lee Byunghun”

Your eyes widened in shock –L.Joe my brother?????? I know that I had a brother but I thought he didn’t exist anymore……- It was too hard to believe “M-muh?!”

“Yea… It’s crazy right? At first you probably thought I was a stalker. But now you know that we’re related”

 

You covered your mouth with your hand. It was something unexpected from him. Your parents appeared from your door and asked you and L.Joe to come outside. Both of you walked out and into the living room. You sat down from across L.Joe ad your parents. You stared at them and they did have similar features, but how the hell are you related to L.Joe?! You both hardly talk to each other and you know nothing about him…..

 

“Honey I’m sorry for you to be discovering this now, but yes, Byunghun is your brother”

“How come I didn’t know about this before?”

“Because we were in big debt with a mafia your mother and I use to have problems with. When your mother was pregnant with Byunghun, we had no money and there was no way for us to look after our baby. A man went up to us and he offered money, but there was a catch. He said that he wanted something from us in return, he said that he didn’t know what yet but he’ll think of something”

 

=GO BACK TO THE PAST IN AMERICA=

 

Minah (Your mum) and Jongyoon (Your dad) were at the hospital for a check up on the baby. The que was long, it was full of sick and injured people. Some of them looked like they had just been in a fight, or got shot. It was scary and dark. They couldn’t afford a better service because of the money they owed people. “Minah” The lady at the counter called them in. The doctor’s room felt safer than it was outside, Jongyoon closed the door and sat down waiting for results.

He took off his stethoscope and sat down with papers.

 

“Mr and Mrs Lee, your baby is perfectly fine and in gpd condition, but the thing is, I’m worried about your conditions. How are you going to cope with a young baby when you spent half of your money on this appointment. I really don’t know what I can do for you, it’s either you let the baby be born but you have to give him up for adoption. Or he goes to someone you know like your parents or foster parents. I suggest you give him to your parents”

“But my parents are living overseas and Minah’s parents are…”

“I don’t think they’re suitable to be looking after a child”

“Very well, then the next thing I suggest is you give him foster parents who already have children”

“Then what happens to us?”

“You start a new life and succeed, and when you do, the baby is yours. However, there is an expense. I’m really sorry for being no help to you guys”

“No, no it’s okay, we’ll think of something. Thank you doctor”

“No problem Mr Lee”

 

Minah and Jongyoon left the hospital, they didn’t have enough for public transport so they took the dark, scary streets home.

 

“Jonyoon, what are we going to do……” Minah stayed close in Jongyoon’s arms

“I don’t know, I really don’t know”

 

A man appeared from the shadows, he was dressed in a black suit and looked decent.

 

“I hear you two are in great debt?” He said

“How did you know?” Jongyoon kept Minah behind him

“A good man knows everything”

“And I suppose you’re a good man yourself?”

“I guess you can say that”

“We really need to get going”

 

Jongyoon took Minah and they walked off.

 

“Wait! I can tell you guys have a baby, and that you’re in debt with money. You see, I can help you with that, I’m a wealthy man”

“And you’re going to help us with money?”

“What’s help without money?”

“Jongyoon lets go, I really don’t want to be here”

“Hold on honey”

“I will give you money and you get the chance to be successful and start again, but there is one thing”

“What is it?”

“You have to give me something I ask from you”

“You can NEVER have our baby”

“Oh no, it’s not the baby. Mr Lee I still haven’t made up my mind, so how can you know what I want when I don’t even know myself?”

“How much?”

“Ten hundred, thousand dollars ($1000,000)”

“You’re talking about a million dollars?”

“That’s right, I’m talking about a million dollars”

“That’s way too much, Jongyoon, he’s bluffing”

“You’re bluffing”

“How can I be bluffing? I tell you I’m a rich man, I can write you the check right now and done” He smiled

 

Jongyoon ended up signing the papers and they never saw the man again. They had the money and moved to South Korea in a small town to open up their own shop and make sure they ever see the man again. The baby was named Byunghun. As he grew older he like that name L.Joe, which his friends called him.

 

They now lived in an average house filled with food and furniture. Jongyoon, Minah and little L.Joe were at their dining table enjoying dinner. The door bell rang and laughter became silence. L.Joe played with his food while Minah and Jongyoon looked at each other, they weren’t expecting anyone to ring at their doorbell. Minah got up and opened the door. What stood right infront of her was a big man in a black suit. From behind, out walked the man they never saw 2 years ago.

 

“Good evening Mrs Lee, how is young Byunghun doing? I told you I will be back for my repayment right? Well I know what I want now, I want that cute little boy of yours” Jongyoon told L.Joe to hide under the table. He picked up a toy and gave to him so he wasn’t sitting there watching them. “You told us that you didn’t want our child!” Jongyoon held Minah close and glared at the man “I did tell you that I was a good man who knew everything, but I didn’t tell you that I was a good conman”

“Like I said, you can never have him”

“You say I can never have him, but he will be mine”

“Minah, take Byunghun and go. I’ll take care of this”

 

Jongyoon opened up a drawer and took out a gun. He shot the big man’s chest and he conman’s leg. “Find that boy” The conman fell to the floor and more men wearing suits came out. They knocked over Jongyoon and he hit his head against the wall then went unconscious.

 

Minah carried L.Joe and ran as far as she could.

 

“Umma, why are you running?” He looked at his mother’s worried face

“I need to get you somewhere safe. You won’t be seeing Appa and Umma for a long while”

“Umma I don’t want to go” He dug his face into her shoulder

“It’s best for you, I promise I will come back for you”

“Promise?”

“Promise”

“What about the cake Ajusshi”

“Cake Ajusshi?”

“He gives me cakes when I’m sad. And he makes me happy when the other kids tease me”

“Where is this cake Ajusshi?”

“Just there”

 

He pointed across the road and found an old man just closing his shop. Minah ran up to him and banged on the window.

 

“Well hello there young man~ and this must be your mother”

“I need you to look after my son, he’s in great danger and make sure you hide him well. If you see any man wearing a black suit and he asks about little Byunghun, say that he is your son and his name is L.Joe, and there is no mother”

“Byunghun sweetie, Umma will be right back, don’t leave cake Ajusshi and stay with him”

L.Joe pouted, looking at his mum “Umma don’t go”


She left without looking back at her son, tears streamed down her cheeks and as she got to their house, Jongyoon was unconscious on the floor. The house was a mess and the conman walked out of their bedroom.

 

“WHERE IS HE?!”

“You will never find him” She felt for the gun in Jongyoon’s hand and picked it up “You will never be seeing anyone else at all”

 

With one shot of a bullet, it went right through his head. The conman fell on his knees and to the floor. Minah fell and Jongyoon woke up.

 

“Where’s Byunhun?”

“He’s somewhere really safe, but I don’t think we will be seeing him for a while from now”

 

After the incident, they cleaned up the house and moved to Seoul. Leaving their child with the Cake Ajusshi, they sent him a letter and told him that L.Joe and him together need to come to Seoul. They sent the Ajusshi money and L.Joe was in the same city as his parents. He was living with the cake ajusshi for a while because he was getting old and he couldn’t possibly look after himself. Minah was not 9 months pregnant with a girl, they rushed t the hospital and named her Lee ------.

 

=END OF PAST=

 

“I-I never knew. Mum! Dad you’ve been through so much” You looked at L.Joe who held a sincere face “Byunghun Oppa” You hugged him and your parents were pleased. You were all a whole family, L.joe went back to the cake ajusshi who he calls, “Dad” because he’s looked after him since he was 2. But your parents have been visiting from then.



 

Well this was one long, crazy and unexpected chapter

I hope you liked it!

I'll be updating, but not too often because I have school :)

 

 Be sure to check out my Poster Shop ^^ 

=MyCreation=