20 Minutes together

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

A week has passed and it’s been awkward between you and Jeongmin. You’d try to fix everything by saying hello and trying to talk to him more. But he’d walk off and not say a word… You were in the library looking for a book to read, you found a novel but it was too up high, out of your reach. Jeongmin noticed you through the gaps between the books on the shelves.

 

You were trying to reach for the book once again but it was still too high. He couldn’t stand to see you struggle so he got up and walked into the next lane, he guessed the book you wanted and pushed it from the other side. You saw the book sliding out of its place, you looked to both sides of you to see if anyone else was looking, but they were all too busy finding their own novels. It was almost there and you were ready to catch it. It fell into your hands and satisfied, you walked off.

 

Jeongmin appeared at the end of the aisle and just caught the last glimpse of you. He smiled “She got it.”

 

From what happened last time, Chunji was more aware with you and Jeongmin, possibly most of Boyfriend. You were in class and he knocked on the door. The teacher opened the door and Chunji’s eyes knew where you were. He smiled and the teacher gave him a look “Didn’t you graduate one or two years ago?” Chunji smiled and gave one nod. You looked at him and smiled, you grabbed a pen and paper then scribbled on it, you held it up which said ‘Go away XD

 

“Excuse me sir, ---- ---- is needing to be dismissed this very moment”

“And you think I will allow that?”

“Yes. yes you would”

“Go back to whatever you were doing and leave this class at peace”

“The only thing to do is spend time with my cute, smart, pretty, amazing girlfriend”

 

The class wooed and girls giggled whilst squealing “If only those words were meant for me” said one girl “Omo, he’s so charming!” said another “She is so lucky!” spoke another. The teacher gave it some thought and gave Chunji a little dagger.

 

“Fine, she can go, BUT! You only get 10 minutes”

“15”

“9”

“20”

“7”

“30”

“20”

“20 it is”

 

Chunji smiled and he pointed to you then lifted up his finger, you followed his hand gesture and stood up. “Jeso imnida (I’m sorry)” You did a slight bow and quickly made your way to Chunji, he smiled at the teacher and took you out. The door closed and the teacher turned around shaking his head with his hands behind his back “Tsk tsk tsk, it’s still the same” Chunji pulled you in front of him and you frowned.

 

“Yah, what’s that face for” He chuckled

“Couldn’t you wait until the end of the day or the lesson?”

“I can’t even wait a minute” he leaned in closer

“Hm” you smiled and gave him a hug

“We only have 20 minutes so let’s go make the most of it”

“You know we can always hang out after class and after school” You raised a brow at him

“Our time is precious!” he took your wrist and you both ran out of the school.

 

The two of you went out to buy ice cream and half a watermelon which the ajumma cut into slices for you then wrapped it up. You went back to school and up to the top of the roof where you hung your legs off the edge, eating the ice cream you bought and the watermelon in a bag behind you. You were staring out in the blue whilst eating your ice cream. You didn’t notice but Chunji was staring at you most of the time. You looked at him then looked back, when you realised that he was staring at you and you quickly turned your head to him and gave him a look. He thought of it as a game so he stared harder. You read his thoughts and began to glare at him.

 

The stare-off grew intense and you thought of something funny, you had the idea of shoving the ice cream on in mouth, but before you did, Chunji pushed his ice cream at your lips and laughed. You gasped and pulled back, Chunji laughed harder. You had ice cream all around your mouth, so he picked up a napkin and knowing that he was going to clean up the ice cream, you moved forward and waited. “Bwoh?” he looked at you whilst wiping his lips. You glared at him “Aren’t you going to wipe this off?! It’ll get sticky!” He laughed “Of course I will” He put his hand behind your neck and pulled you close, then he kissed off the ice cream from your lips. Chunji pulled back and wiped the rest off with a napkin.

 

You smiled and he smiled with you. He turned around and picked up a slice of watermelon, he sensed someone coming up from the staircase so he grabbed the bag and took your wrist “Hurry!” he whispered and you looked up at him “What are you doing?” You both hid behind a stack of boxes, he had his arm around you and you looked at him. Chunji turned his head to you, he put his finger to his lips and you did the same. He peeped his head from the boxes and saw your teacher looking around for you. The teacher looked at the boxes “Aish! Where are those kids?” Chunji quickly sat back down, the both of you looked at each other and you giggled. There was a small opening between the boxes, you looked through that and saw the teacher leaving.

 

Chunji jumped up and cheered “Now I’m going to be into trouble” You mumbled. “No you won’t, trust me” He held out his hand and you smiled then picked up the bag and took his hand.