Hurt

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

You woke up to see Chunji sleeping next to you, you turned around and looked at the time. You gasped “I’m going to be late for school” You whispered and jumped out of your bed. You got into your school uniform and rushed your hair, brushing your teeth at the same time. You ran downstairs and grabbed your bag. You headed for the door when you stopped and turned around then ran into your room and kissed Chunji’s forehead.

 

You ran back out and closed the door, when you turned around you were shocked to be seeing Chunji in front of you “I thought you were sleeping, why are you here?” Chunji looked up at the open window in your room. You followed his gaze and pulled a T_T face. You took his hand and ran out with him “HURRY!”

 

You stopped at the school gates and fixed Chunji’s hair “Okay I have to go inside now, bye!” You pecked his cheek and took off. Chunji griped onto your wrist and you turned around “I love you” You smiled “I love you too” Chunji looked at his watch and pulled a shocked face “I have to get going as well” “Okay bye!” You turned to run off but he hadn’t let go of your wrist. Chunji gave you a kiss and you smiled “Bye” he softly spoke. Then you ran back to class.

 

You went to sit next to Jeongmin and opened your books.

 

“You’re late”

“Sorry, I’m late, I slept in”

“You don’t usually sleep in”

“I know, Chunji and I went out to eat and didn’t realize the time and he spent the night with me”

“You slept together in the same bed?”

“Yea, why?”

“N-nothing”

 

You looked at him and he showed no expression, when he spoke he didn’t sound like himself. He looked away and had his arms crossed.

 

“Jeongmin what’s wrong?” You questioned

“N-nothing”

“You don’t seem like yourself today”

“There’s nothing wrong with me okay!”

 

He stood up and walked out of class. Shocked, you looked at his books then out the door where he left. You didn’t see him since then. You went t your next lesson which you had with the Jo twins. The occupied a seat for you in between them, you sat down and opened your books. You didn’t do your work since you couldn’t help but to think about Jeongmin –He seemed really angry- Oblivious, Youngmin moved his face in front of yours, you snapped out and looked at him.

 

“Woah! You scared me”

He giggled “Mianhae, but it looked like you have a lot of thoughts in there, mind telling?” He pointed to your head.

“Nothing important, I guess I was just dazing off” You looked at him and he stuck out his bottom lip and cutely nodded.

“Hyung I’m hungry~” He turned to Kwangmin who was busy drawing into his book.

“Why are you telling me?”

“I don’t know…..” Clueless, Youngmin lost his place and you laughed

“Do you find it weird that he calls you hyung and you call him dongsaeng when you guys are twins?”

“Actually, Youngmin is 6 minutes older than me” Kwangmin smiled

“Huh?! Youngmin is older than you?!”

Kwangmin nodded, then you looked at Youngmin and he nodded in agreement too

“I always thought you were the older one”

“That’s because Youngmin is just a pain in the neck”

“Hey!” He shot a glare at Kwangmin

“Then why does he call you hyung?”

“Because he likes to think that he’s the younger one. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea either”

“I’ve known you guys for almost half a year and I never knew this”

“It just means you need to find out more about us”

Kwangmin tapped your nose, then you turned to Youngmin and he did the same “Yup!”

You looked at your books and Kwangmin turned his body to face you “I’m bored. Let’s go play~”

Youngmin gasped and grinned then looked at you “YES! ---- Let’s go play~”

“What? Where?”

“Outside~ Duuhhh” Kwangmin rolled his eyes

“But we’re still in class” You looked at the two of them

“----- the teacher is practically sleeping. Let’s goooo~” Youngmin tugged onto your sleeve

“Yea~ Let’s gooo~” Kwangmin tugged onto the other.

 

The brothers didn’t stop whining until they got what they wanted, you all stood up and went outside where there were 2 trees in the middle surrounded by and a peddle foot path with benches and behind the benches were flowerbeds. Kwangmin jumped up into the tree and Youngmin chased him. The two giggled and you watched them “I feel like I’m looking after kindergarteners”

 

You went to sit down on the benches and continued to watch the boys play. The leaves fell and floated along the cool breeze. You closed your eyes and smelt the fresh air, Youngmin ran over to you and sat down, he slouched on the bench and caught his breath. “I’ll go get us drinks” Kwangmin ran off and Youngmin sat up. He looked at you but you seemed to be paying no attention, in fact, you had fallen asleep. He waved his hand in front of your face but you didn’t respond. He poked your shoulder and there was no response either. “----? Can you hear me?” No reply “Is she sleeping?” He looked at you and stopped questioning himself –She’s so pretty, her personality is also amazing. It’s just too bad she’ already gotten someone-

 

Youngmin went to stand in front of you, he went down on one knee and looked up at your soothing face. –I only get one chance..- He moved up closer to you, the closer he got, the faster his heart beat. Kwangmin came smiling with drinks, he stopped at the corner when he saw Youngmin with you, his smiled faded and became serious –Youngmin-ah, we all can’t help it. I envy your place right now, so pleased don’t-

 

There was almost no gap between the lips of yours and Youngmin’s. The bell went and you opened your eyes, at the same time Youngmin stood up and walked off. Kwangmin shifted his gaze to the ground, thinking about you, Youngmin appeared “K-Kwangmin” Kwangmin looked up then Youngmin looked away –I bet he saw…- Youngmin blinked then dared not to look at his brother and walked off. You appeared and Kwangmin looked up at you, you met eyes but no one spoke. Kwangmin gave you a gentle smiled and placed a drink in your hand “Enjoy” He turned around and walked away –What the hell was that? What is she going to think of me now? Walking away from her was pathetic, I didn’t even try anything-

 

“What’s wrong with everyone today??” Lunch you went back to sit down on the benches and Donghyun turned up, you looked up and smiled in surprise “Donghyun-ah” He went to sit next to you “I have sweet drinks, want some?” “N-no thanks, I already have one” You held up the one Kwangmin gave you and he nodded.

 

“Today doesn’t feel right”

“What happened” He looked at you

“Jeongmin seems to be really angry at me, I don’t know why and Youngmin and Kwangmin are ignoring me now”

“Where’s Minwoo?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen him all day, It’s not like him to be doing a disappearing act on me”

“Maybe today is just not their day, people have those days where everything turns out wrong, maybe tomorrow will be different and go back to normal”

You sighed “Thanks Donghyun, maybe, tomorrow will be better” You tilted your head so it leaned on his shoulder “Today doesn’t seem to be my day either. I feel exhausted”

 

His heart pumped and his face turned pink, Donghyun shifted his eyes down to you –She’s really leaning on my shoulder- Without knowing what to do, he sat still with his widened eyes. Stephanie was also free for a break from university so she came to see how you were doing. She was crossing the area when she found Donghyun. She smiled and started to walk up to him, when she found you on his shoulder, she stopped walking and hid behind the tree.

 

She turned her back on the tree and thought –Why do I feel so weird. Donghyun oppa is with ---- right now. But what the heck am I doing here? Shouldn’t I be going up to ---- and say hello?-  Jeongmin was looking down from the window. He saw you and Donghyun together “They haven’t been spending a lot of time together and Hyung has her on his shoulder. Lucky man. Aish, ---- why did we have to meet you?”