On This Day

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

Stephanie told Hyewoo to meet up with her at the convenience store. Hyewoo had gotten there first and waited for the about 10 minutes. When Stephanie arrived Hyewoo had just started eating ramen she bought from the convenience store.

 

“What? You’re already eating without me?”

“You were taking forever and I was getting hungry”

“I’m only 10 minutes late!”

“I was still hungry” Hyewoo slurped up the noodles.

“Anyway, I wanted to meet up with you because today is Chunji and ---- 2nd anniversary”

“Tell them I said congrats”

“ANYWAY, I think Jiyoung knows and I just have a massive feeling that she’s going to ruin their day, so-”

“You want me to beat the hell out of her”

“No! I do that! I just want you to keep an eye on her”

“I don’t even know what she looks like”

“Oh you’ll know when you see her. She has one of them faces that tell her personality and her name really goes well with it”

“Oh yeah, I can so tell where you’re coming from” Hyewoo said in sarcasm

“Shut up!” Stephanie flicked her head

“Do you know where she is?”

“No”

“Then how the hell do you expect me to find her and stalk her for you?!”

“I don’t know, I just assumed that you’re good at this kinda stuff”

Stephanie watched her eat and felt hungry herself. “Will you quit slurping! You’re making me hungry”

“Go buy us some soju yea?” Hyewoo looked at Steph and raised her brows

“Go buy your own drinks!”

 

The two were playing around and at that moment, Jiyoung had walked past. Stephanie stopped and Hyewoo looked at her “That’s her!” She hissed “Follow where she’s going and find out what she’s going to do” Stephanie pushed Hyewoo to get up and leave.

 

“Woah, you’re actually right, she does have that kind of face”

“Hurry up and leave!”

“What about my food?”

“I’ll buy you another one when you get back, pali!”

 

Stephanie shoo-ed her away and Hyewoo quietly followed Jiyoung.

 

You were still on the task of following the map, and with Chunji texting you to keep you company. You had gotten lost more than 3 times and walked into dead ends twice. Everytime you took the wrog turn you’d scold Chunji and he’d make it worse by playing around. This time you were sure that you were going the right way. Until you saw another dead end.

 

“Yah Chunji! This stupid map isn’t helping!”

“Babe, you just don’t know how to read maps”

“You don’t know how to draw maps!”

“Aw my poor little lost sheep is getting angry again~”

“Chunjiiii, stop it!”

“Please, this is the only thing cheering you up from not being able to read maps”

“Whatever..” “Just tell me where you are so I can get to you fasterrrrrr!”

“I’ll give you a clue, a place where children laugh and play :)”

“THE PARK!”

“Yes, wait what? How’d you know that straight away?”

“You at giving clues”

“You in general!”

“I’m on my way!~”

 

Chunji smiled and put his phone in his pocket. He sat back down on the bike he was going to ride with you on and looked around. Out of nowhere he heard the sound of someone falling over “Ah!” He turned around and saw a girl on the foot path holding onto her ankle. He immediately got up and ran over to the girl “Are you okay?” The girl looked up and Chunji stopped running towards her. It was Jiyoung “What are you doing?? I tripped over and hurt my ankle. A little help would be great”

 

In the bushes Hyewoo was watching every move Jiyoung made. She saw her ‘tripping’ over and Chunji running after her. Hyewoo was going to stop him but she stopped herself instead. “Chunji… No, no” She shook her head “I can’t do anything now since I can’t go near him or -----. Then how the hell am I suppose to stop Jiyoung??” She decided to stay back and watch the entire time.

 

Chunji helped Jiyoung over to the slide and sat her down.

 

“Does is still hurt?”

“Of course it does, I don’t just feel better after tripping”

“I meant does it feel better than before”

“Neh…”

 

You knew where you were going and had almost reached the park. You were fiddling on the pendant of your necklace while walking up the street. “He can’t have any more surprises for me now right? It should be my turn”You held onto the box with his watch inside and smiled. “Happy Anniversaryy~” You sang. You finally got to the park and saw Chunji. Hyewoo saw you appearance on the other side. Jiyoung saw you behind Chunji and wanted to act fast. “Ah! IT HURTS” She bent down and closed her eyes as if she was in great pain. “Let me see” Chunji got closer so he could see her ankle. He furrowed his eyebrows as he felt around the ankle “There’s nothing there. There’s nothing wrong with your ank-” “Chunji!” He looked up and Jiyoung leaned over and kissed him.

 

From where you were standing you saw it all. From where Hyewoo was hiding she saw everything. The box dropped out of your hands as you stood there and stared. Chunji heard something and looked back “----…” You heavily breathed and shook your head. Your eyes started to get moist and overflowed. “On this day??....” You gripped onto the necklace and yanked it off your neck. It fell on the ground and you ran away. “----!!” Chunji ran after you and Jiyoung looked at the gifts on the ground then smirked.