Getting Closer

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

Everyone had left to go home as hours passed. CAP went off to a midnight shift at work and Chunji was sleeping up in your room. You and Lana were in the laundry room, you were folding clothes and she sat on the washing machine eating chips. Lana watched you folding clothes, you looked at her and smiled then looked away. She still kept her eyes on you. You looked at her again, she gave you a look which looked like you did something wrong. Lana looked pissed.

 

“Earlier today, when you “Forgave” Chunji, you didn’t really believe him did you?”

“O-of course I do, all I know was that he said the truth. A-and I don’t think he’d even do something like that to me” You kept your eyes from meeting hers

“------ look at me” You looked up at her and she studied your face, particularly your eyes. You felt nervous and shifted them around “You didn’t believe him at all!”

“Lana! Quiet down!”

“HA! I knew it~ In this case right now, YOU are the liar. Anyway, what made you think to say that you forgive him?”

“Well, I-Iunno. Even if he lied or not, the look in his eyes, looked like he was begging for my forgiveness”

“Oh gosh -----……really?” Lana rolled her eyes “You forgive people too easily. I swear, you gotta stop that habit. It ain't going to get you nowhere. Remember when we were younger. I punched you in the arm, it gave you a bruise for like 2 weeks and you said you hated me so much, you didn’t even speak to me for like 15 minutes because I said that I was sorry. You know? At that moment I wanted to punch you again for being so thoughtless. If I were you I’d say off! That bruise was there for 2 weeks! You can go a dog's for my forgiveness

“Lana…” You rolled your eyes and laughed

“What? It’s true! But I’m not you, so I’d really hit you hard if you were to talk like that. You’re too cute and innocent” She pinched your cheeks and waved your head side to side. She let go and your cheek became bright red.

***

You went back to school the next day without Chunji, he had another meeting with the Medical University. You left your locker from getting your books and the Jo Twins turned up, Kwangmin took your books and held them for you when Youngmin offered you a chocolate bar. You laughed and looked at them.

 

“What was that all about?”

“Your books looked heavy”

“And this chocolate bar is yummy!!”

“Where’s Chunji?” They both asked in sync

“He had another meeting”

 

They walked you outside to sit down at a bench with a table. The twins stayed quiet, catching up with their work and you watched them while smiling –These boy skip classes and don’t do their homework, however they manage to come to school early and catch up with it now- You shook your head while watching them. “------!!” Minwoo jumped behind you, he put both his arms around your neck and hung from your back.

 

“Good Morning -----!”

You laughed “Hello Minwoo”

“How was your weekend~!”

“I was great! How about yours?”

“Hmmm, well…….. I kinda forgot my weekend…..” He stared at the ground while holding his finger under his chin and blinking a few times.

“Yah, Minwoo, you’re going to break her back. I remember carrying you last month and I think I can still feel the pain” Jeongmin put his hand on Minwoo’s head and sat down next to you.

Minwoo watched him and pouted. “I’m not that heavy….” He mumbled

You giggled and the bell went “That’s it~ Time for us to get to class. ------ you’re coming with me, we have science together”

 

Jeongmin held your hand and pulled you up. The others stood up and went different directions. He noticed that you two were holding hands. Ba-Bump Ba-Bump Ba-Bump. Jeongmin’s heart raced and he blushed. He stopped walking and you stopped behind him, you tilted your head and looked up at him. “Jeongmin what’s wrong?” You asked. He quickly let go of your hand and you looked down at it. “N-nothing, come on, w-we’re going to be late” He quickly walked off “JEONGMIN WAIT! WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME!” You held out your hand to reach him but he was too fast “What’s wrong with him, the teacher never usually comes until 10 minutes later anyway…” You said to yourself and scratched your head then quickly ran to catch up with him.