That was close..

Tough Love (Sequel to The Cutest Couple)

 

After finding out that L.Joe was your brother, you couldn’t stop thinking about it. You smiled with your thoughts “I have an older brother” It was one thing you’ve always wanted. Then you gasped “What is Chunji going to think about it? And the others as well…… This is going to be hard” You got ready for school and your mum knocked on your door “Someone special is here to take you to school” You beamed and ran downstairs after you were done. “CHUNJI!”

 

But it wasn’t Chunji, it was L.Joe “You didn’t want to see your brother more than your boyfriend?” he smiled, you shook your head “Ani, I just haven’t seen him for a while now”. He smiled and got into the car, you followed and he dropped you off at school. “Have fun at school Dongsaeng~” You stopped skipping when you heard him call you dongsaeng, you smiled and caught up with Boyfriend.

 

“-----!!! Good morning!” Minwoo beamed

“-----!” the Jo twins said in sync

Jeongmin went up to you and took your bag “It looked heavy for you” he smiled

 

The lessons went by quickly, you and Minwoo were sitting on the bench watching the Jo Twins play, Jeongmin had to stay back with his class because they were too noisy. You laughed while watching the twins play, Minwoo gazed at you and admired your beauty. You looked at Minwoo and noticed he was looking at you in a weird way.

 

“Minwoo-ah” you waved your hand in front of his face and he snapped out “Minwoo are you okay?”

He looked away and glued his eyes to the ground “O-oh, y-yea, I’m fine”

“You don’t seem to look to well”

“N-no, I’m fine”

 

You couldn’t help. You thought there was really something wrong with Minwoo. He couldn’t look straight at you and his face was lighter than usual. Hi words were all over the place. And you were worried. “Minwoo-ah, you’re not okay at all” You stood up and held out your hand “Let’s go” He looked at your hand then up at you. The twins stopped playing. Youngmin stayed on Kwangmin’s back. Their smiled faltered and watched.

 

“W-where are we going”

“Minwoo you’re unwell. We have to go get help!”

 

You took his hand and pulled him up. Then the two of you ran to the sick room together. With you holding his hand. Jeongmin was leaving the building and saw the both of you run past him in the opposite direction. He tilted his head up and looked back at you. –What’s going on?- Kwangmin and Youngmin stopped running and stood with Jeongmin. The boys all looked at each other and followed you and Minwoo. The two of you finally got to the sick room. You got him to sit on the bed and looked around to see if there were staff around “No one’s here….. Oh, It’s okay. I’ve always looked after Chunji” You brang out the equipment and checked his temperature. You checked his blood pulse and listened to his heart. You put everything away and looked at him. “You’re not sick? But your heart is pounding” You looked at his chest Minwoo smiled –Pabo. You can’t even tell they like you even if you’ve listen to their heart- “Probably because I got you to run. Minahae” You bowed your head and giggled. Minwoo smiled with you.

 

The two of you ended up sitting on the sick room bed eating bread and just chilling. You kicked your legs as it hung off the edge and stared at the ground. Kwangmin, Youngmin and Jeongmin’s head popped out from the side of the door frame, stacked above each other. Minwoo looked at you, thinking about how kind and selfless you were.

 

“------ ah”

“Hm?” You looked at him with a mouthful of bread

“nan….” (I…..) “nan nega joh a…” (I like you)

 

Minwoo gracefully smiled. He didn’t realize his mistake until he saw the look on your face. You looked at him with rounded eyes. Your feet stopped kicking and you didn’t know what to say. The boys at the door were shocked at what just happened. They moved away from the door and behind the wall.

 

“Did he just say what I think he just said?” Jeongmin looked at the ground

“He said something that we all wanted to say” Kwangmin’s heart pounded. He was too late

Youngmin cupped his face –ottoke. I wanted to be the first to tell ---- that I liked her…-

 

The boys snapped out and continued watching. Minwoo let out a nervous laugh. He scratched the back of his head and looked at the floor. “A-ani-ya. I meant I like you as a friend. You’re a really good friend -----” He put his hand on your shoulder and your eyes slowly shifted around to think. You looked up at him and did an eye-smile.

 

“Yah, Minwoo” You softly spoke “You scared me” You giggled

Minwoo softly laugh. But he wasn’t satisfied.