Chapter 3: Separate

Obsessed [Kim So Eun & Kim Bum]

Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound of the alarm keep on buzzing yet the girls are still sound asleep. "Ugh, hmmm.."  Nana grunt as she looks at the clock, 06:45 AM it reads. Having no mother growing up, she raised herself as one. Nana jumped out of bed, headed to the bathroom to prepare and then to the kitchen to make breakfast. The smell of food slowly filled the entire room and the nose of Kim So Eun as she smells Galbitang, and "burnt rice? Why is the rice smells like that.." So Eun murmurs as she step outside her room, rubbing her eyes and headed to the dining table. Half asleep with eyes close and sitting on a chair opposite where Nana is about to lay the foods "Omeona!" Nana startled by So Eun "The rice, did you burnt it?" still eyes close So Eun is making face about the rice "It is not burnt. Here." Nana place Dolsot Bibimbap infront of SoEun "Be careful the bowl is really hot, I thought you're going to wake up until later." So Eun open her eyes and is in glee but "What do you mean until later?" curious of what her best friend meant. "You see the clock? Can you read the time for me?" So Eun rolled her eyes and in a mocking manner tells her the time. 07:38 AM. "You see it's quite early, my dear, for you to wake up. The great Kim So Eun, who is always in deep sleep even if there's World War III, I pressumed that you will wake up later than expected." The two then happily teasing and eating each other, it was indeed a very nice meal.

 

As the two almost done eating Nana's handyphone rang. Father, it says. "Yobeosaeyo? Yes, father?" Nana talks to her dad, who's a Zainichi (Korean families living in Japan since Joseon period). "Have you forgotten about your mother's death anniversary?" Nana hadn't forgotten, of course, but leaving So Eun behind scares her. Imagining crazy stuff So Eun will do once she's out of her sight let alone out of the country. "Of course, I haven't dad. I already bought a ticket, I'm leaving this coming Monday. How ungrateful daughter do you think I am?" Nana eyeing on So Eun. "You have to stay with me and your stepmother, I missed you, I only have one dauther yet you still chose to leave me? It's been 9 years since I haven't seen you and I'm only thankful for your mother's death anniversary because you come home every year." Nana's father very emoitional to his daughter not seeing him for a very long time. "Father, did you watched Still Walking again? I told you to stop watching drama films if it saddens you. I'm just settling things, ok?" With that they've ended the call. Nana looking at So Eun exclaimed with seriousness and firm "I'm going home."

 

It's not like forever but it feels like it. So Eun was okay with the idea that Nana is going home and spending some time with her father but the thoughts of Nana leaving her alone isn't sinking any good. She thought to herself, they've just graduated college and it's time that Nana can finally go home without worrying about midterms and other uni stuff. But So Eun's case was different she can't go back home not until she had proven herself wrong. Then it's like So Eun just struck by lightning. The pandora's box has been opened, the sasaeng that she is got release.

 

Incheon Airport. JL5212. Nana bid So Eun goodbye and practically begged her to be normal. So Eun nod and smile. It's going to be awhile but it's going to be fun.

 

I'm going to make you think of me, if I can't make you love me.

 

------------

Originally chapter 2 & 3 are too short, I've combined them into 1 chapter and therefore created supposedly chapter 4 changed to chapter 3.