A Father's Saying

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa. I missed you so much.” Shin-Hye squealed and drowned herself in her father’s embrace once she entered the house and spotted her father who has been waiting for her.

“Aigo. Why are you still acting like a kid? You’re grown up already, Shin-Hye ah.” Mr. Park teased and slowly his daughter’s hair lovingly.

Shin-Hye let out a little laugh. “Because I’m always appa’s little princess.” She replied and still smiling. 

Shin-Won scoffed when he witnessed the scene between his sister and his dad. “Haish. Don’t act like a little girl when you’re old enough to get married already.” He said while his eyes are glued on the newspaper.

Shin-Hye rolled her eyes at her brother. “Ya! Then what about you? You’re old as well.” Shin-Hye replied with annoyed tone.

Shin-Won let out a little chuckle and pushed Shin-Hye’s head with his hand playfully. “Just get married already so that appa doesn’t need to worry about you anymore.” Shin-Won teased.

Shin-Hye gasped in surprise. Since when her brother become this crazy? She didn’t hesitate to pull Shin-Won’s hair until he shouted in pain. “Serves you right!” Shin-Hye said before letting go of her brother’s hair.

Shin-Won rolled his eyes and glared angrily at Shin-Hye. He then pushed Shin-Hye’s head with his hand as he’s looking at her sharply. “What I said was right, you little rascal but I gotta admit that you made a very great choice by grabbing the heir of Lee Corporation’s heart.” Shin-Won replied and smiled teasingly at her.

Shin-Hye balled her hand in fist and threatened to punch Shin-Won but no, she was just threatening him. She will never punch him. Shin-Won scoffed again at her. “I wonder if Lee Min Ho knows that the woman he likes loves to punch people.” Shin-Won said without looking at Shin-Hye.

Shin-Hye let out a heavy sigh. “Does it have anything to do with him?” She said in annoyed tone.

Mr. Park shook his head disbelieve when looking at his children. They are all grown up adult but they still bicker like little kids but then he remembered what he saw in the newspaper when Shin-Won mentioned Lee Min Ho. “Shin-Hye ya, appa has things to ask you and I bet your oppa wants to know it as well.” Mr. Park said, interrupting his children’s argument.

“You have to explain because appa has been calling me asking about you while actually you are not telling me as well.” Shin-Won said and take out the newspaper that she appeared with Min-Ho as the headlines.

She looked clearly at the picture. She was smiling really wide and she didn’t notice that she was looking so beautiful. Her hand was linking to Min-Ho’s arms and she bet that every girls must be wishing that they’re on her position. “Let’s talk later. I’m hungry.” Shin-Hye replied.

“Aish. What an excuse.” Shin-Won teased.

**

Just when the maids served the food, Shin-Won already bombarded his sister with lots of questions. Wait. This supposed to be eating time not an interview session.

“Shouldn’t I at least take a spoon of my food firstly before answering all of your questions?” Shin-Hye said and that was a very effective way.

They were all eating peacefully and after finishing their dinner, the three of them are having a leisure tea time in the living room while watching some good TV shows. Shin-Won seemed to can’t wait anymore. “Don’t find any excuse anymore. Tell us.” Shin-Won said.

Shin-Hye’s looked down as she doesn’t know from where should she start. Well, she is not dating with Min-Ho. She doesn’t even know what kind of relationship she has with Min-Ho. Well, she admits it that she likes him. Friends? She doesn’t feel like it either or maybe she wished to be more than a friend to Min-Ho. “I know what do oppa and appa wants to ask but we are not dating. Lee Min Ho is not my boyfriend.” Shin-Hye said softly.

Shin-Won gasped in surprise. “Are you freaking serious?!” Shin-Won almost shouted disbelieve.

“Shin-Won ah. Low down your voice!” Mr. Park said and glared. It was a surprise news for both of them as well. “So, why are you going to that event with him? What is your relation with him?” Mr. Park asked again.

Shin-Hye let out a heavy sigh. “Do I look like I’m kidding? We’re just colleague and I think I’m lucky enough that I got to know him better than anyone else.” Shin-Hye added.

Shin-Won scoffed. “Haish. Park Shin Hye. You are not better than what I thought.” Shin-Won replied. 

“What do you mean?” Shin-Hye looked confused.

Shin-Won let out a little laugh. “You should have make him your boyfriend. Although he’s kinda arrogant but he has a good appearance plus he’s the heir of a big business empire. Isn’t that a good one?” He added.

“So what if he has a good appearance and an heir of a big business empire? You want your sister to confess to that man? You got to be kidding me!” Shin-Hye said and chuckled a little.

Shin-Won then flicked Shin-Hye’s forehead. “Ya! Don’t you dare to confess first to a man. Even if he’s Bill Gates’ son, don’t you dare to ask him out first!” Shin-Won snapped and Shin-Hye was like ‘what?!’

Shin-Won’s gaze turned softer while he looked at his sister. “Shin-Hye ya. You know what I mean? I may not know Lee Min Ho very much but I heard a lot about him already. People say that he’s cold and arrogant. I know that he’s someone from a wealthy family which make a lot of girls are after him but you’re an heiress as well. If one day both of you are dating, oppa just wish that he will treat you better than we did or else I will punch him right on his face.” Shin-Won said sincerely.

Shin-Hye smiled as she’s a little touched with Shin-Won’s words. They may have bickered and fought a lot but she knew that deep inside his heart, he loves his sister so much that he doesn’t want her to be hurt by those douchebags. Shin-Hye caressed her brother’s cheeks and smiled sweetly at him. “I never know that my oppa is such a thoughtful person. Gomawo.” She said.

Mr. Park secretly smiled proudly while listening to two of his children’s conversation just now. He’s beyond proud of them. They might argue and fought over small things but deep inside they love and protect each other. He did a very good job in raising both of them.

**

“Why aren’t you sleep yet?” Mr. Park spotted Shin-Hye who’s currently sitting on a bench in the garden behind their house. Mr. Park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter