Runaway

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?!” Shin-Hye almost screamed when she heard what did her brother, Shin-Won said. “You got to be crazy, oppa!” She added.

Shin-Won scoffed and handed his sister the tablet that he was holding, showing the news article he read couple days ago. “I’m not. Take a look.” He said.

Shin-Hye couldn’t hide her stunned expression that the news that she is currently reading is actually about the engagement of Lee Min-Ho and Shin Se-Kyung. “They broke up? Like seriously?” She said, unbelievably. She was amazed and shocked. From what she knew that Min-Ho’s father will not let him do this and something went straight into her mind directly. It’s actually about the incident that happened between her and Min-Ho a couple days ago. That emergency stairs incident. Oh wait. Why would she even think about that.

“I heard from one of our staff that she saw you with Min-Ho during the shareholder meeting. Does it have to do with you?” Shin-Won asked.

She denied of course. Their break up has nothing to do with her and Min-Ho was the one who approached her firstly. Not her. “Of course not. He came to me first and we were just, em, talking. Nothing much.” She replied her brother with a little hesitance in her voice. “Their break up has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with Min-Ho anymore.” She added but now with a firmer tone.

Shin-Won laughed a little. He was amazed on how his sister re-act but he could definitely see a little doubt in her face. “Shin-Hye ya. Oppa knows that you still like him a lot but please, this jerk does not deserve you.”

Shin-Hye replied with a little laugh. Yes. Her brother is right. She still like him. Like a lot. It’s not easy for her to forget who has been in her heart for all this while although he belongs to someone else all this while. She just can’t hide her excited expression when she knew that they broke up. Wait. Something came to her mind. Is this the reason why Min-Ho approaches her just now? Telling her that he wants her back. Okay now that it makes sense. Min-Ho and Se-Kyung broke up and now that he wants her back. Deep inside her heart, she wants him as much as he wants her but her logical mind told her that they can’t get back together after what they have been through. Just, what should she do now?

“He asked if we could get back together.” Shin-Hye uttered in the middle of the silence.

Shin-Won was so shocked when he heard what his sister said. “That bastard!!” He groaned.

Shin-Hye chuckled again. “Why would you hate him so much oppa? I couldn’t lie to myself that he’s actually a good man.” She defended him.

Shin-Won scoffed. “Don’t play dumb with me. He wouldn’t have let you go that easy if he really loves you.”

“We both have our own fault oppa. I lied to him at first. Everything will be less complicated if I didn’t lie to him.” Shin-Hye said, still defending Min-Ho. It’s the truth because if she just tell him that she came from a conglomerate family as well, his father wouldn’t oppose their relationship. “But after what happened between us, thinking about that night when we argued about our separation. I was shocked too when he said that he wanted to break it up that easy and it still hurts whenever I think of it. What should I do, oppa? I don’t want to lie to myself that I still have feelings for him but are we still possible?” She asked because what she really needs right now is a friend to talk to and the only one she can trust with her problem is her brother right now.

“I know nothing about Lee Min Ho aside from being a competitive man when it comes to business. I don’t know if he’s a good man or what but I just find it a little hard to like him, Shin-Hye ya. If you think that this man can bring you happiness as you wanted to, there’s nothing more I can say. What you need to do is to follow your heart and consider if this man is really worth fighting for. What I wish for you is only happiness.” Shin-Won said, sincerely and his little sisters’ hair gently.

Shin-Hye smiled. “Thank you, Oppa. I will really consider about what my heart really wants.” She replied when she knew already the answer. She still wants him.

**

Shin-Hye was so agape when the first thing she saw in her office was a bouquet of red rose on her desk. She chuckled a little. There’s two names that passed through her head. Yoon Gyun Sang and Lee Min Ho. However, Gyun-Sang is currently overseas in Africa for the hospital’s CSR Project so it’s kind of impossible for him to send roses for her in the middle of his work. She grabbed the card that was tucked between the roses. Her lips formed a smile.

24 stalks of rose to indicate that you’re on my mind 24/7.

Min-Ho.

“So cheesy.” She mumbled and put aside the roses. Well, she can’t hide it that she’s actually happy but no. She shouldn’t fall for him back just because a bouquet of rose. There is so much thing to consider before she can accept him back. Okay. Forget about the roses now that she ought to work but seems like this Lee Min Ho has so much free time that he even texted her, asking if she accepts anything this morning. She just read it. However, when it’s almost lunch time, her phone beeped again signing that someone send a message to her. She thought that it might be her brother but she rolled her eyes when she realized that it’s Min-Ho again. Does a CEO normally has so much time to send unimportant text like this?

What will you have for lunch? Would you like to come with me?

This one was sent on 10.45 AM.

I’m craving for tangsuyuk and jjajangmyeon. How about you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter