A New Start

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shin-Hye ya. Are you sure with your decision? You can still change your mind if you want.” Shin-Won has been so worried about his little sister lately. They have just touched down Seoul a week ago and now his sister suddenly brought up the idea that she wants to live alone, separately from him and their father.

Shin-Hye smiled a little. She understands why her brother is worried of her but she can’t deny that she wants to be an independent person. She’s now 23 and she’s old enough to take care of herself. She took her brother’s hand and squeeze it softly. “Oppa. I know you’re worried but I’m no more a teenager. I’m sure I can do it and it’s just temporary, okay?” She coaxed.

“I know but we have only back to Korea a week ago after 10 years living in a foreign country. This is Seoul not Bucheon. You were only 13 that time. I’m afraid that you are not familiar yet with this city.” Shin-Won replied.

Shin-Hye is so grateful for having such a thoughtful brother. She knows that he loves her that’s why he’s so worried sick about her decision. “I know but I don’t want to keep on relying to you or appa. I want to be able to rely on myself as well. Oppa. This is just temporary because when the time comes, I will come back home.” Shin-Hye replied with a smile to her brother. She’s always this cheerful.

Shin-Won sighed softly. His sister is sort of stubborn person that once she made her decision, she will not change it. “Okay then. I have talked to appa about your request and don’t worry. He agreed. I’m proud of you, Shin-Hye ya. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need one okay? Living alone out there is not as easy as how you think.”Shin-Won added.

Shin-Hye slowly hugged her brother lovingly. “Thank you, oppa. I will make sure to come home with honor. For you and appa.” She replied.

“That’s my sister. Fighting!” He cheered.

The Park family has just arrived Seoul about a week ago after residing in Birmingham, England for 10 years. They used to reside in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province when they’re still in Korea and now they’re back and residing in Seoul. The Park family consist of Park Hae Won who is currently the chairman of Royal Group, one of the biggest jewelry retailer in Korea and having the subsidiaries all over Asia and Europe, Park Shin-Won who’s currently the CEO of Royal Group and lastly Park Shin-Hye who’s the only daughter in the family.

When the family touched down Seoul, Shin-Hye suddenly requested something that made both her father and her brother a little agape. Shin-Hye graduated with broadcasting degree a year ago in Birmingham and she wants to apply as an announcer in Lee Broadcasting Corporation. What made her father and brother agape more was she wants to hide her real identity. She doesn’t want people to know that she’s Royal Group’s daughter because she will definitely get accepted if people know that she’s a powerful businessman’s daughter. She doesn’t want to get recognized because of her father. She wants to be recognized because of herself and she wants to live in her own as she wants to be an independent person. Her father refused at first but after looking at how much his daughter has grow up, he agreed in the end.

**

Lee Min Ho sighed heavily when he looked at the mountain of reports that’s still waiting for him. He remembered finishing almost a bottle of scotch by himself last night. His alcohol tolerance is pretty low and he got drunk after that and left his report untouched. He’s currently the CEO of Lee Broadcasting Corporation. Being the only heir to Lee Corporation made him jumped into this field since he’s very young. When people are still having fun with their youth, he has started working in his father’s company before he can finally earn his current status. LBC is one of the subsidiaries of Lee Corporation and it’s big enough to conquer the business field in the country.

He always wonder if this the right path for him? If it’s the right path, why he’s never happy all this while? All of his times are dedicated to work. He’s a hard worker but is this the right thing to do? His mother left when he was only fifteen before they finally divorced when he was sixteen. His father was having an affair outside and he witnessed how his mother cried every night because of his father. His mother left without leaving any words and made him grew up with his strict father. He has no one to trust since then. The only one he could trust and rely on is himself. Maybe if his mother didn’t left, things might be different.

A knock echoed in Min-Ho’s office before finally a tall man coming into his office. It’s Lee Kwang Soo, his secretary. He bowed to Min-Ho before saying anything. “What do you want?” Min-Ho asked with his eyes still glued to the report he’s holding.

Kwang-Soo gulped his saliva when he heard Min-Ho’s cold tone. Min-Ho might be famous for being an arrogant person but still, everytime he heard Min-Ho’s cold voice, he can’t deny that he felt a little uncomfortable but he tried his best to just ignore it because Min-Ho is always like this to everyone. “Sajangnim, the candidates for the announcer vacancy have arrived.” Kwang-Soo reported.

Min-Ho sighed again in annoyance. The hangover hasn’t fully gone yet and his head has been hurting non-stop. “Can’t our human resource department people do it?” He asked in annoyance.

Kwang-Soo tried his best to avoid his gaze and avoid making eye contact with him. “Sajangnim, I thought it’s you yourself who requested that you want to interview the candidates yourself.” He replied carefully.

Now that Min-Ho remembered his own words. “Where are them now?” He asked.

“20th floor.” Kwang-Soo replied.

Without waiting for anything more, Min-Ho put the report aside and stood up from his chair. He looked at his watch and realized that it’s past lunch time which means that he missed his meal already. It must be because of the reports that he abandoned yesterday. He didn’t wait for anything more and walked to the exit without even bother about Kwang-Soo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter