Dinner 2

(B)ehind (T)he (S)cenes with Sandara Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara followed Kiko to one of the rooms. She's a little nervous and her hands are sweating.

 

"Thank you for agreeing to talk to me in private, Dara." 

 

Dara was surprised when Kiko didn't use honorifics. She's not really particular with it but given their history, she wouldn't consider them close either.

 

Kiko seemed to have noticed because she added, "Is it okay if I call you Dara?"

 

She nodded, "I guess we've known each other for a while now." She paused and continued, "Kiko, let's not waste each other's time, I'm running late for another appointment. What did you want to talk to me about?"

 

"Okay. I just wanted to personally tell you what Jiyong and I agreed on."

 

Dara braced herself. "Whatever she says won't matter. They can get married for all I care. You've already moved on."

 

After waiting for a few more seconds, Kiko continued, "We're back together. I know you and I started off on a bad note but despite that, you helped us, you helped me even if it was inconvenient for you. We, Jiyong and I, will forever be grateful for what you've done for us and our relationship."

 

When Dara heard Kiko was here, she had an idea as to why. Now that it's confirmed, instead of relief, she felt anxious. "Is this the closure they never had? But why is Kiko saying something totally different from what Jiyong has been telling her? Who is she supposed to believe? Why did Jiyong lie? Or is it Kiko who's lying? Does any of that even matter?"

 

These questions flooded Dara's mind. She doesn't even know which one to ask first.

 

Just like a mind reader, Kiko said, "You must have a lot of questions."

 

"Yep." She thought. "Yes. Jiyong has been talking to me these past few days but what he's told me is different from what you just said."

 

She noticed Kiko's expression changed just for a quick second before she smiled. "I know he did. He has been confused lately. Apparently he still feels guilty about what happened when he shouldn't, at all. It's obviously just his conscience playing with his judgment."

 

Dara thought that makes sense. It stung but she's trying not to let her emotions get the best of her.

 

"He must have tried to convince you to get back with him, didn't he?" Kiko asked.

 

"Yes, he was bugging me non stop about it." 

 

"You know how impulsive Ji is. We're not new to this scenario." Kiko tried to remind her.

 

Dara new what she's talking about. Being impulsive is Jiyong's second nature.

 

"Is this all that you wanted to tell me?" 

 

"One other thing, Jiyong might say otherwise but we both know him. Do what you know is best."

 

Then, Kiko left to get Jiyong. Dara was given some time to think about the situation.

 

"So, afterall this is how it's going to end. I knew I was right. He's either too cowardly or still c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter