Chapter 9

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook watched Yugyeom and BamBam get into the car and drive out of their sight, not out of curiosity or boredom but because he didn’t know what to say or do now that he was alone with Jamie. He wanted to say something but nothing came out so all he could do was stand there. He did secretly glance at her couple times and although it was a bit awkward, Jungkook didn’t dislike the silence. He actually like it; just standing beside her without any interruptions. But it soon ended when the girl finally spoke.

 

“Um, I guess we should get going too. It was fun today, let’s hang out again when we all have time,” she states while avoiding eye contact with him.

 

And as soon as she said this, she starts walking away in a hurry, which makes Jungkook panic a little for he does not want her to leave so early. But before he can think of something smart to say, his body reacted first as his hands reached out to hold the girl’s wrist to stop her from going away. He was quite flustered by his own actions and he could tell that Jamie was shocked too. He asked her if she was walking home and she turned around to answer him. Although Jamie was right there in front of him, his hands did not want to let go of her for he was afraid that she will disappear. Jungkook noticed that the girl's feet were turning toward the other way as she answered. At that moment, Jungkook did not hesitate and offered to walk her home for he did not want to lose this chance.

 

“Oh, it’s fine. I can walk alone. It’s not that late yet, no need to worry,” Jamie kindly puts down his offer for she did not want to trouble him.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m walking home too and remember, my dorm is also this way,” Jungkook points toward the direction Jamie was walking toward and offers again.

 

“Oh, right! Thank you then.”

 

“No problem!”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The streets were getting a little bit more crowded since people are going home after finishing their work. Jamie and Jungkook grew more alert and cautious until they finally reached the more local streets. For the first few minutes, they both didn’t say much because they did not want to be recognized by anyone. Although there was a small distance between the two, neither of them took any step to make the gap wider, whether it was done willingly or unconsciously. They just walked next to each other quietly until Jungkook initiated the conversation for both of their sakes.

 

“So, did you guys always hang out like this when you guys were in school?” Jungkook asks.

 

“Well, before and in the earlier stages of Got7’s debut we hanged out a lot after school but you know, they got really busy due to their schedules so…”

 

“Ah, I see… What do you usually do then? For fun I mean.”

 

“Me? Well... I go to the studio to work on songs and usually Jae is there but he's pretty busy with Day6 lately so I just hang out with Bernard. Or I hang out with Nathan and sometimes Seungyeon but he's busy lately also.”

 

“You have a lot of male friends, huh?” Jungkook asks carefully for he does not want to offend her but he is still very curious and a bit jealous to not ask.

 

“Yea. I mean my personality is more boyish so it's not surprising.”

 

“Then are you dating any of them?” Jungkook asks frankly. This catches Jamie off guard for she previously thought he was very shy but by the way he asks the things he is curious about, he might be more straightforward and manly than she thought.

 

“Haha, no. They are all just friends and Oppas. I guess it's very unusual for others since I get that question a lot.”

 

“Oh, no! it's not strange at all. I just wanted to make sure before...” Jungkook blurts out and stops, realizing what he was about to say. Both Jamie and Jungkook gets flustered by Jungkook’s almost unintentional confession and avoids eye contact with each other by staring at the concrete floor ahead of them.

 

“Well, it’s not fair that only I talk about myself so you talk about yourself too.” Jamie decided to speak first this time.

 

“Okay, what do you want to know?” Jungkook looks at her with an eye smile.

 

“Let’s see…. Umm, what did you want to do most in school?”

 

“Haha, I guess we are just talking about school today. Um, I think I just wanted to make friends to enjoy my high school days with.” As he was saying this, Jamie caught a sad smile on Jungkook face but it soon disappeared.

 

“Well, you did have your members. That’s something that will last.”

 

“I know, I want it to last forever… Plus, I am making friends now.”

 

“Then about your love l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter