Chapter 5

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Few weeks have passed since the drunken incident of BamBam and Yugyeom. Korea is still covered in snow with chilly and mischievous wind that finds every possible way to slip through the layers of clothes. Some welcomes this cold for it gives them excuses to stay home or stay closer to their significant other as they walk down the streets. Other detests this cold and tries to fight against it in every way, like by carrying hot packs or getting a cup of coffee just for its warmth. But one thing that most people can agree on is that they definitely enjoy having a break in which they can just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility.

 

However, if you are an idol, it is a completely different story. Most of the idols’ schedules are packed with music shows and award shows around this time and they almost get no rest. Jamie knew this well but she still couldn't help but ask Yugyeom.

 

‘Are you guys free during Christmas?’ Jamie texted Yugyeom anxiously.

 

‘Um, sorry. We are performing at the music show on Christmas.’ Yugyeom soon replies.

 

‘What about New Year’s? We are finally adults and can drink LEGALLY this time! Unlike what you and BamBam did last time.’ Jamie asks again, hoping it would be a different answer this time.

 

‘Sorry Jamie. We will be at the music show till past midnight that day. But I think we can meet after that.’

 

‘I see, it's fine ^^ I guess we will just catch up next time.’ Jamie was kind of glad that they were texting instead of calling because she wasn't sure if she would be able to mask her disappointment in her voice.

 

Jamie lies down on her couch with her phone on her face and sighs. The apartment is quiet as usual and Jamie didn't even have the strength to the turn on the TV, not that she wanted to watch it anyways. It's almost night time as the sun is almost gone and street lights became to glow outside the window.

 

At the corner of her eye, Jamie catches Yerin walking toward the kitchen to get something to eat.

 

“Yerin-ah~ you said you have a radio show on Christmas right?” Jamie asks Yerin, wanting her to deny it .

 

Yerin only nods in agreement as she continues to make herself a sandwich.

 

“And you will be with your family on New Year's?” Jamie asks again with a quieter voice.

 

Again Yerin nods in agreement. This makes Jamie sigh again as she sinks into the couch.

 

“Why? You don’t have plans?” Yerin asks, catching on to Jam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter