Chapter 13

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh? Why are you here?”

 

“Are you an idiot?! It’s like 10:20 right now! Who waits this long?!” Jaebum yells furiously for he was so worried that something might have happened to her.

 

“Oh, sorry, I guess I lost track of time… I am sorry, but how did you come here?” Jaebum wanted to scold the girl further but seeing her weaken expression and tone made him stop.

 

“Let’s just go home… I’ll tell you on the way…” Jaebum sighs as he drags the girl onto the streets once again to walk her home.

 

Due to the time, most people at HanGang River has left; although there are still many who are drinking and just enjoying a night walk along the glowing river. For a while, Jaebum and Jamie stayed silent for the girl knew that Jaebum was still a bit angry, so she gave him time to cool off as she quietly followed him. Jaebum wasn’t really angry though; he was just worried and felt sorry for Jamie because she had waited so long for the boy to show up. He wanted to punch Jungkook for making Jamie wait this long, but then it was him who told him to get Jamie.

 

Jamie quietly observed Jaebum’s expression and when he relaxed his clutched eyebrows, she knew that he wasn’t upset anymore. She slowly fastened her pace to walk beside him and carefully brought up the question that she wanted to ask so badly since he showed up at the playground.

 

“So… Oppa, how did you know I was there?” Jamie asks softly, afraid to anger Jaebum again.

 

“Jungkook told me of course…” Jaebum didn’t want to answer it at first but in the end, he gives in and tells her the truth.

 

“Jungkook? So you met him? Why didn’t he come? Why did he tell you to come get me instead of coming himself? Oh, and why didn’t he pick up his cell phone?”

 

“Okay, calm down. That’s way too many questions at one time…” Jaebum replies, “Jungkook came to our company and was looking for you… I guess he thought that maybe you came back to the company since he didn’t show up.”

 

Jaebum can still visibly see the worried and anxious expression Jungkook had on his face when he was asking for Jamie at the front desk of JYPE. He can also remember the way Jungkook’s eyes lit up when he saw him, as if he was his only hope.

 

“I guess they had a last minute schedule change or something… I think they left for the flight so he couldn’t go see you… But luckily he saw me and told me to go get you, saying that he thinks you are still there waiting…”

 

“But… Why couldn’t he just show up? He had time to go to our company... Plus he didn’t pick up his call...” Jamie murmurs, almost as if she was talking to herself. She couldn’t help but become upset for she really wanted to see him before he left for tour.

 

Although Jaebum didn’t really approve of Jungkook, he didn’t want the girl to get hurt from misunderstandings so he defended Jungkook subtly.

 

“Jungkook was really in a hurry… I saw the BTS van in front of the company so I am pretty sure he begged his manager to stop by quickly before they left. As for the phone, I don’t know the details but I’m sure he was just really busy since everything happened so suddenly…” Jaebum states, as he tried not to sound like he was defending Jungkook.

 

For a while Jamie did not answer as she tried to make sense of everything. She wanted to excuse Jungkook but there were still too many questions unanswered and even the ones that are answered are still very vague. However, she didn’t hold it against Jungkook for much longer. Well, how could she when she wanted to forgive him so much.

 

“Yea, I guess....” Jamie reluctantly agrees with Jaebum, “But still… He could have contacted me before he left…”

 

Jaebum could see that Jamie was still upset and knew that excuses or explanations were not going to comfort her right now, especially because Jungkook is now out of the country. When they finally reached the front gate of Jamie’s dorm, they both stopped and gave each other a goodbye hug, and it is only then that Jamie noticed a small ribboned box Jaebum was holding all this time. And just when she was going to ask him about it, Jaebum hands the small box to Jamie.

 

“Here… I didn’t want to give it to you until you reached home… And don’t give me that look… It’s not from me; it’s from Jungkook.”

 

Jamie was giving Jaebum these thankful, puppy eyes as a small tease because Jaebum was never good with gifts. Even for her birthdays, he would always treat her food; not physical gifts. However, when Jaebum mentions that the gift was from Jungkook, she froze a little bit and stared at the box, not knowing how to feel. Jaebum notices Jamie’s struggle and decides to just leave her alone with her gift and feelings.

 

Jamie didn’t open the box until she reached home. As soon as she entered the dorm, she went straight to the sofa for it was the closest seat. Yerin, after hearing the sound of the door, came out of her room to join Jamie.

 

“You’re finally home! I was getting worried after receiving Jinyoung Oppa’s call…” Yerin was unusually giddy and hyper, and the reason was pretty obvious.

 

“Wait, Jinyoung Oppa knows about this too?”

 

“Know what? What happened?”

 

“Nothing...Anyway, you must have been sooo worried that you even got yourself a drink,” Jamie teases for it was obvious that Yerin had a few drinks.

 

“Well, he called me while I was drinking so…” Yerin replies quietly with a cute smile that also brings a smile onto Jamie. They laughed and joked around a bit more until Yerin notices the small box that Jamie has not put down since she entered.

 

“What’s in the box?”

 

“I don't know… Haven't open it yet…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter