Chapter 15

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why isn’t she coming? I thought you said she’s on her way?” Jinyoung asks Jaebum anxiously, “did she find out?”

 

“Okay, stop being so anxious; this is not like you. She’ll be here,” Jaebum answers as he tries to calm Jinyoung.

 

“I’m just worried…” Jinyoung replies helplessly, as he takes a seat on the couch while his eyes are still fixated on the door.

 

The rest of Got7 members are either aimlessly playing with their phones or just lying on the couch for some rest. BamBam and Jackson are still in the dark because they still do not know what is going on; however, they have given up on trying to find out for they know their members will not answer. Plus, they both knew that they will know the truth when the time comes. Even a couple of minutes felt too long for the boys, but they continued to wait patiently. Just when Jinyoung was going to message Jamie again, the door suddenly opened as the long-awaited girl entered the room.

 

“Sorry, I met someone else on the way,” Jamie walks in quickly and rushes to the boys to grab their arms, trying to ease them before they can even get angry.

 

“Ya… We waited forever…” BamBam replies in whining tone.

 

“It’s only been 10 minutes, stop exaggerating!”

 

“Okay, stop arguing. Are you okay?” Jaebum asks, interrupting the maknaes’ small bicker.

 

“Me? Yea, of course!” Jamie replies with bright yet somewhat forced smile.

 

“You are but not us! We have a schedule soon yet we still waited for you.”

 

“Aww. You waited just for me? Our BamBam sure grew more caring,” Jamie teases, which makes BamBam quiet for he is at a loss for words.

 

“Are you really fine?” Jinyoung asks again to make sure.

 

“Yea, I am,” Jamie responds again with a bright, deceiving smile.

 

At Jamie’s positive response, Jinyoung just couldn’t bring himself to tell her those news that will ruin her day. Jinyoung hesitated quite a bit since he told the others that he will mention the news first, yet finally when the time came, he couldn’t even open his mouth. The Jaebum, sensing Jinyoung’s struggle, spoke first.

 

“Jimin-ah… We need to tell you something…”

 

“Don’t worry, Oppa. I know what you want to say, but you don’t need to,” Jamie replied before Jaebum continue talking.

 

“Wait… You do?” Now everyone is surprised. Jinyoung and Jaebum exchanges concerned looks, wondering when Jamie knew.

 

“Yea, I do. But I’m fine so don’t worry…”

 

“Wait… When did you know? Did you know about it yesterday?” Now it’s Jinyoung’s turn to ask questions and talk.

 

“No, not yesterday. But you guys did, didn’t you? How can you not tell me?!” Jamie pouts her lips to pretend she is angry for what they have done.

 

“Well... we didn’t want to ruin the mood. Plus…” Jinyoung explains quickly and becomes flustered as he tries to find good explanations.

 

“It’s fine. I know Oppas were worried about me.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be? They’re just rumors, right?”

 

“Of course… They are writing things without any evidence, just dismiss them.”

 

“I know… I’m not a little kid anymore, so stop treating me like one,” Jamie complained.

 

“Hey, I was just worried…”

 

“I know, and you don’t have to be… And I need to go to the studio so bye!” Jamie begins to slide toward the door as she waved goodbye to the boys; not giving them time to react to the sudden depart.

 

“Wait, you’re leaving? Stay a bit longer!”

 

“Didn’t you say you have schedule today? Go get ready for that, or get some rest. I’m really fine… I need to go, okay? Bye!” Jamie shouts as she heads out the door so that they won’t be able to stop her.

 

As Jamie headed up stairs, she took out her phone to messaged Nathan that she won’t be able to go to studio and headed out the JYPE building to catch a taxi. She first went to a cafe for some coffee to clear up her mind and headed straight to the movie theater. For the rest of the day, Jamie watched almost half of the movies that were shown at the theater for she needed something to take her mind off all the chaos. She found the movies enjoyable but what came after was not very pleasant: her loneliness and sadness seems to have double as a wave of emptiness washes over her. She did consider going to karaoke, but the thought of going alone just seemed more pitiful.  

 

Since the time was also getting late, Jamie just went home as she looked at the beautiful night view of The River once again. I guess it’s just one of those things that one can never get sick of. Also, through the quick drive, she was able to get some fresh air that woke her up from all the previous drowsiness. Before she headed home, she went to the small playground that she often visit for a few more fresh air. She sat on her favorite swing and got lost in her own thought:

 

‘Rumors… Of course they are just rumors. There are many articles that don’t even match up and all of them are just theorizing possible candidates for the “secret girlfriend”. Obviously, they have no idea what they are saying… But what about that picture…? That was clearly him…’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier in the day…

 

After Yerin hands Jamie her phone with arti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter