Chapter 14

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A couple of weeks have passed since the day Jungkook left for BTS’ world tour. Jamie and Jungkook hasn’t contacted each other since that day, but Jamie wasn’t too concerned or upset for she figured he was probably busy with all the concerts and constant traveling. Plus, Jamie was busy working on her own solo album.

 

The weather has become much hotter as summer was approaching quickly. Jamie was able to occupy herself with all these different things that absorbed all her attention that she didn’t even have time to miss Jungkook. Since Jamie never lacked friends, she also enjoyed some leisure time with her friends as they just hanged out for movies or food. Occasionally, she did think of Jungkook and missed him, especially because he never contacted her. However, she tried to understand his situation and read articles about BTS’ tour whenever she had time.

 

She also enjoyed hosting ASC, especially after Jae became the MC for he was able to fill the empty spot she always felt after Eric left. She was able to make new friends with rookie groups and the show was always extra fun when her close friends visited. At the company, she has been spending most of her time with Day6 and Ayeon whenever she wasn’t composing or working on songs with other composers.

 

Everyday has been quite peaceful for her so Jamie expected nothing less or nothing more that day either. That day, Jamie stayed at M.O.L.A.’s studio a little late for she got a melody in her head that she did not want to lose, so she stayed late to do some composing and recording with Nathan. She was so into her work that she didn’t notice all the messages and the calls that were ringing.

 

After all the rough recording, she went back to the company to practice her singing, especially because she has been taking all these vocal lessons in her free time. She headed to the biggest practice room that most JYPE artists use for it had the best sound system. However, to her surprise, someone was already there.

 

“Oh! Oppa, you guys are back?” The boys in front of her were none other than Got7. They have just came back from their last tour concert.

 

“Ya, where were you?” Yugyeom yells in annoyance, “we tried calling you so many times!”

 

“Hey, don’t yell at her. She probably didn’t hear the calls,” Jinyoung states as he goes and gives Jamie a pat on the head, “try to reply more quickly next time.”

 

“Sorry, Oppa,” Jamie apologizes with a sheepish smile. She was always grateful for Jinyoung’s gentleness; although, he can be very childish and playful at times too.

 

Jamie took a few step closer to Got7 and greeted Youngjae along the way, “Hyung, why are you here? I thought you always go home and check on Coco first?”

 

“Well, I would, but we were worried about you.” Youngjae chuckles at Jamie’s question and also gives her a pat, as a gesture of relief.

 

“Me? Why?”

 

“Wait, I thought we came here for a group meeting?” BamBam exclaims out of surprise, “it was a lie?!”

 

JB shoves BamBam to make him quiet down, “ we are going to have a meeting… But it’s been a while so we came here to see Jimin along the way…”

 

“But then why were you worried about Jimin?” BamBam asks despite all the stares that were directed at him, hinting him to stop talking at this point.

 

There was silence for a few seconds as some members of Got7 eyed each other, deciding on what to answer, while the other members stood there looking clueless and innocent. Just when Jinyoung was able to open his mouth to answer, Yugyeom stepped in, which surprised Jinyoung.

 

“Probably worried about your body since you have been complaining about your diet ever since you started it… Plus I heard you have been working pretty hard on your new album…”

 

“Aww, you were worried about me?” Jamie answers brightly as she tried to put her arm around Yugyeom’s shoulder, but just ended up putting her hand on his shoulder due to the height difference…

 

Yugyeom wanted to move away. To be honest, he’s been avoiding Jamie ever since that night he walked her home, and Got7’s tour made it much easier for him to do so; it has been quite a while since they last met. However, even though he tried to slide away from her touch, he couldn't move his body because in truth, he did miss her.

 

“Okay, well, are we going to eat because I am hungry!” Jackson complained because he was both tired and hungry from the long flight.

 

“I can't, I'm on diet!” Jamie replied with a bit of annoyance for she wanted to eat, but couldn't.

 

“Oh come on, you're always on a diet, just one time won't hurt.” BamBam plead.

 

“Plus, Jimin, you don't need to lose weight,” Mark said while patting her on the back.

 

“Okay then! So chicken?” Jackson once again yelled in his usual loud voice.

 

“No… I don't really like chicken…” Jamie responded.

 

“Wait, you don't?!” Got7 declared in un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter