Chapter 10

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Yugyeom and BamBam left Jamie and Jungkook to catch a taxi, Yugyeom couldn’t help but look back at them out of worry and a bit of jealousy. Then he reassured himself that nothing will happen, or at least he tried to believe in that lie. As soon as they arrived at the company, he hurried upstairs to find the rest of s and join the urgent meeting. Not to his surprise, the meeting was basically about a few very minor changes in the upcoming concerts. Although he knows that he is being unprofessional, all these minor changes were unimportant compared to the time that he could have been spending with Jamie since he knows that he will not be able to see her for a while due to the busy schedule. However, he stayed till the end of the meeting and texted Jamie afterwards. After waiting for a while for a reply, he decided to call Yerin to check if Jamie was home.

 

“Jimin? No… Isn’t she with you guys?” Yerin answers.

 

After checking with Yerin, Yugyeom ran out of the building, thinking that he will still be able to catch up with Jamie if he ran, since her dorm is not that far from company. He kept running for a while until he was too tired and stopped get a drink from a convenience store. But just when he was about to go in, he saw this very familiar girl walking out of the door. He thought he couldn’t be more lucky as a huge smile grew on his face, completely forgetting about his thirst. However, he notices something rather odd; Jamie was holding two drinks in her hand. Instead of approaching her, he decides to just follow her for a bit. He sees her walking toward a PC Bang, which confuses him since she doesn’t like games, but then he sees Jungkook and everything made sense to him.

 

They started to walk toward the dorm and although Yugyeom wanted to interrupt, he just couldn’t bring himself to approach them. He sensed a connection between them that he always wished he could share with Jamie and knew that he would only make things awkward if he joined. Yugyeom walked quite far behind them, barely enough to be seen, and was lost in his own thoughts. He just couldn’t watch the pair without his heart wrenching with pain so he just stared at the floor until he saw them separate at the corner of his eye. He saw Jungkook slowly walking toward his own dorm after lingering where Jamie had left, and followed Jamie. Yugyeom didn’t want to approach Jamie or talk to her for he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do so without him exploding with all these emotions; he simply just wanted to see her get home safely.

 

He kept his distance and quietly followed Jamie while reminiscing all the times he had spent with her. However, he suddenly sees Jamie take a right turn on the wrong street so he follows her, wondering if she is going somewhere else this lat. He fastened his pace also to keep up with Jamie’s but she kept turning right and start going in the opposite direction of her dorm so he decided to talk to her to see if something is wrong. He put his hand on her shoulder to turn her around but this only startled Jamie as she turned around with her bag in hand, about to hit him, until she saw his face.

 

“Yugyeom?!”

 

“Why? Is something wrong?” Yugyeom asks with worry.

 

“What’s wrong?! You scared the hell out of me! I thought you were some serial killer or something…” Jamie yells in relief for she was really scared to death.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you noticed me…”

 

“Why are you following me in the first place! You know I hate the dark…” Jamie yells in anger.

 

‘Of course I know, that’s why I wanted to make sure you were okay’ Yugyeom says in his head and as much as he wanted to say those words, all he could say was “Sorry”.

 

“Anyway, go home. I’m almost home anyway…” Jamie states as she turn to walk back to the road.

 

“Come on, let me take you home. I came all the way here, might as well walk you home til the end.” Yugyeom blocks her path and asks for permission with innocent, puppy eyes.

 

Jamie stares at him for a while but agrees in the end for she was afraid to walk alone. On the road, no one spoke but conversation was not necessary between them for they were comfortable around each other. Yugyeom walked a few steps behind Jamie for he sensed that Jamie was still a little angry for what he had done; however, he knew that Jamie would not ask him for an explanation for she trusted him. ‘I guess human greed really have no end’ he thinks to himself for few years ago, he was content with her trust and friendship but now those just would not satisfy him; he wanted something more.

 

Soon, they were at the gate of the apartment and although Jamie was still angry, she turned to Yugyeom to say goodbye.

 

“Bye… Go home safely, take a taxi if you can. But seriously, next time, tell me instead of just following me.”

 

“Jimin!” Yugyeom yells to stop the girl from going into the building.

 

“What?” Jamie stops and turns around to answer.

 

Yugyeom freezes at Jamie’s response for he did not know what to say. Well, of course he knew what he wanted to ask; he wanted to know about her feelings toward Jungkook. However, he just couldn’t ask for he was afraid of hearing the answer.

 

“I’m sorry,” was all he could say. “I didn’t meant to scare you. I’m really sorry.”

 

“No problem,” Jamie answers with a bright smile, “how rare, to see you so sincerely apologizing for something.”

 

Yugyeom stood there watching her smile, and suddenly something fueled him from inside and he blurted out the real question he had wanted to ask for the entire day.

 

“Do you like Jungkook, Jimin?” Yugyeom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter