Chapter 7

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jamie hurries home from the park because she was a little bit scared to walk alone at night. When she reached the door of her dorm, she felt so relieved that her legs was a little bit shaky. As soon as she went into the dorm, she collapsed onto the sofa and put her hands on her face to cover the white, sharp light of the room. She then remembered all the things that happened and felt a little bit embarrassed. Jamie began to roll on the sofa but then suddenly felt something underneath her. She reached out for it and her phone appeared in her hand.

‘Oh right, I left my phone.’ Jamie thinks to herself and opens her lock. Then on her screen, 4 missed call notification shows up. Jamie raises her eyebrows a bit and calls the number back and to her surprise, the call was answered pretty quickly, despite how late the time was.

“Oh, Jaebum Oppa, you’re still awake? Aren’t you tired?” Jamie asks in surprise.

“Well if someone answered my call earlier, I would have slept in peace!” Jaebum answers with an angry tone for he was worried about her.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I went for a walk and didn’t bring my phone. Why did you call me though?”

“I remember Yugyeom mentioning how you were asking if we were free during holidays so I figured you felt lonely. I called to check how you were doing but you didn’t answered so I got worried. Especially since you’re turning twenty and twenty is a pretty sensitive stage in one’s life...”

“Hahaha, Oppa I’m turning into a legal adult, not going through puberty again.” Jamie answers, rather amused by Jaebum’s comment.

“Hey, transitioning into an adult is not easy and you can be sensitive. Don’t laugh.” Jaebum sneers back.

“Okay, okay. Well thanks Oppa but don’t worry. I feel fine. Go rest now, you must be really tired, especially because your back is hurting lately.” Jamie says with a worried tone.

“How did you know about that?”

“Obviously your members told me. They were worried too. Stop trying to act tough and rest, Oppa.”

“Yah! I’m your Oppa, give me some respect.”

“Of course, your highness.” Jamie answers with a tease, which makes the voice on the other side of the phone laugh.

“Okay, I will go rest then. Merry Christmas Jiminie, I will buy you good food next time as a late Christmas gift.”

“I will remember this promise. Don’t you dare take it back.” Jamie answers and hangs up the phone. She was quite glad that Jaebum called because it made her feel more relieved. He somehow always seem to know when she is feeling down or troubled.

Jamie slowly walks toward Yerin’s room to check if she is there for she saw her shoes at the door. When Jamie went to her room, Yerin was already asleep. ‘I guess she’s tired also’ so Jamie walked toward her room to get a sleep also for today felt like long day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few days, nothing really happened much. Yerin went to her family to spend the New Year and Jamie went to the company daily to work on her songs and to her friends’ studio to work on her covers with Nathan and Seungyoun. Other than that, she stayed home to watch the music shows with all her friends performing and receiving awards. Jamie thought she was going to spend the New Year alone but luckily Eric and Kevin invited her to spend the New Year with them so she was quite excited for that since she will be turning twenty, finally!

On New Year, she arrived at Eric’s house, which was already filled with the smell of meat that Eric won at ASC. It was a really fun night and Jamie was really thankful to have Eric and Kevin as her Oppas, well, more like as Unnis. Other friends of Eric also joined and although Jamie did not know all of them, they were mostly English speakers, which it a lot easier for her to approach them and talk to them. When it was close to midnight, everyone waited for the countdown as they hold up their glasses of drinks.

“5….4….3….2….1! Happy New year!”

Everyone was celebrating, including Jami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter