Chapter 25

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The spring washed in like a wave, radiating with warmth and sunshine one day, and retreating on the next one. On some days the gentle wind would softly caress your cheeks, on others, the icy wind blew fiercely as if it is demanding a return of the harsh winter. However, as days went by, spring took charge and pushed into May.

It has already been half a year since the last incident, and nothing much has changed. Got7 and BTS were getting busier and Jamie was making new friends. None of them saw each other for quite some time, but it was inevitable. As popular groups, Got7 and BTS seldom enjoyed free time, while Jamie met up with her friends almost every day. Just today, Jamie hangout with one of her new friends and was wandering around the streets.

As she was heading back, she stumbled upon a familiar shop. Although she tried to stay away, she couldn’t help but be drawn by the aromatic scent the shop was emitting. Jamie, given into the temptation, stepped inside for the first time in a while. As she carefully observed the room. The memories flooded her mind. There were some customers, but not too many, which relieved her. As she was trying to take in all the nostalgia, she saw the owner and their eyes met. At first, he seemed surprised but gave her his usual gentle smile that she didn’t know she had missed this much. But soon after, he looked away and said nothing.

Jamie tried to catch his eyes again, but he continued to avoid her, treating her as if she doesn’t exist. She chuckled at his actions and went to the counter to ease his anger.

“Long time no see!” Jamie smiled, but the owner still did not glance her way.

“Are you upset because I didn’t come for a while?”

“A while? It’s been half a year…” He spoke, which surprised Jamie for this actually might be the first time she heard him speak.

“Oh wow, why don’t you talk more ahjussi? You have a really nice voice, do you want to audition for JYP Entertainment?”

The owner chuckled at her statement and gave her a small pat on the head. He then slid to the side and grabbed a coffee cup.

“You still remember my order?”

He gave her a small nod and handed her the drink. Jamie took it carefully, afraid to spill the treasured gift, and took a sip. It was just the taste she remembered.

“Is upstair taken?”

Upon her question, he took out a key and headed toward the stairs to open the door.

“Wait, since when was there a door?”

The owner did not respond and made a way for she to walk up. Jamie nodded her head to show her gratitude and proceeded to the second floor. The hallway was a lot darker than before, probably due to the new door, but other than that, everything was just the same. Jamie slowly walked up the stairs, trying not to spill her drink, and cautiously opened the door to the floor. The room was filled with warm, comforting sunlight that almost blinded her. Due to the blazing light, Jamie closed her eyes and struggled to adjust to the sudden brightness. In the midst of her fight, she vaguely saw a figure that emerged from the whiteness and soon it stood in front of her, blocking the eye-soring light.

Jamie slowly looked up to thank the stranger but was surprised to find a familiar boy smiling at her.

“Long time no see, Jimin-ah.”

“...Long time no see, Jimin-oppa…”

Jimin smiles at her response and grabs her coffee to place on a table, suggesting her to sit down. Jamie hesitated for she felt awkward, but decides to sit down anyway because she didn’t want to appear rude.

“How have you been?” Jimin asks as soon as Jamie sits down.

“Not bad… Nothing special…”Jamie answers, “ how about you? You must be super busy…”

“Well, it’s not too bad… Just preparing for a comeback…”

“Ah, came I see…” Jamie takes a sip of her coffee, “Oh! And congrats on winning the awards a month ago!”

“Thanks, but don’t you think that it’s a little bit too late?” Jimin teases.

“Is it?” Jamie chuckles, appreciating Jimin’s effort to brighten the mood.

“So… Why did you stop coming here for so long?”

“Wait… how did you know that?”

“Well… I came here at first to check it out because I heard this is where you 97liners meet up and hang out, and I really liked the place so I came to visit now and then, but never saw you..”

“Well, I could've come when you weren’t here…”

“Yea, but the boss here confirmed my theory…”

“Ahhh I see,” Jamie smiles, “he was a bit upset when he saw me… didn’t know I would be missed this much..”

“Well, it’s not just him… I wanted to see you too…” Jimin states with a serious expression.

Jamie flinches at his statement, “Why? Do you need something?”

“No but… I wanted to ask for your forgiveness…”

“Forgiveness?” Now Jamie was confused for this wasn’t anything she had expected.

“Yea…” Jimin sighs as he tries to gain some courage, “I wanted to apologize for what I’ve done… I know my actions must’ve caused you pain and I’m sorry for not saying this sooner but… It was me who hid Jungkook’s phone when we went on the tour last year… and I also lied to Jungkook about contacting Got7 to get your phone number… I’m sorry…”

“I forgive you,” much to Jimin’s surprised, Jamie answered calmly, “don’t be too harsh on yourself… I’m sure you had your reasons.” Even Jamie was surprised at her own reaction. She didn’t feel upset or angry at all but rather felt sorry for the boy in front of her.

“You’re not angry?”

“No… Not really… Maybe because it was long ago… It doesn’t matter now…” Jamie states as she raises her coffee cup.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter