Chapter 19

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This is the place…?”

“Yea… What’s with that reaction?”

“No, it’s just… When did we ever come here…?”

“We never did… Did I say we were going somewhere we went to before?”

“Actually yes… yes you did…”

“I don’t recall…” Jaebum states shamelessly while putting fort a I-don’t-remember look.

“...... you knew! You lied because you knew I wouldn’t agree to come to a place like this,” Jamie shouts in awe.

“This is why… Why wouldn’t you come here?”

“Because this is too much…. This place is really popular, what if someone spots us here?!”

“Don’t worry… I’m buying... Also, I came here with Jinyoung once… no one recognized us….”

“Wait, you and Jinyoung Oppa? What?!”

“Hey, to be fair… we didn’t know this place was popular with couples… And the owner is a hyung of mine.”

“Still though… no one recognized you guys? Seriously?”

“Surprisingly… no…”

“Wow… You two must have had no makeup on for people to not recognize you…”

“What are you trying to say…?”

“I didn’t try to say anything… It’s all in your mind” Jamie teases with a small smirk as she walks into the restaurants.

“Oh yea, of course… Because you’re NEVER sarcastic…” Jaebum teases back as he follows.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

“That was such a good meal,” Jamie exclaims with her eyes half open, “why didn’t you tell me you knew the owner sooner?”

Finding her cute, Jaebum proceeds to pinch her cheek while answering, “well, then you would come here to eat while leaving all the bills under my name.”

“How did you know~,” she murmurs, struggling to get her words out with her cheeks pinched.

The entire ride back to the company, these two didn’t stop bickering, as usual. Originally, they planned to part at the company; however, Jaebum invited Jamie to join him to his studio room and maybe give him her opinions on the songs he had been working on.

“Wow, it’s really nice…” Jamie approved, “it’s the style that Oppa likes…”

“Thanks…” Jaebum replies softly, feeling a bit embarrassed by her sincere compliment.

“So is this going to be an official track in the upcoming Got7 album? Or are you just going to upload it on soundcloud?”

“Well, hopefully on the album…”

“A solo?”

“No, a song for the group… or maybe like a subunit thing...”

“I see… Have you thought of giving which parts to who yet?”

“Well, I definitely want youngjae… his voice will suit this song very well… And I want to give more parts to Yugyeom. He’s been improving a lot and I think it will be nice for him to start the song…”

“Oh I see…” Jamie replies breathlessly, “how’s yugyeom lately?”

“Yugyeom? He’s fine… Just relaxing at the dorm… Fooling around with BamBam… Why are you asking me? Don’t you guys contact often?”

“We did.... Not lately though…”

“Oh…” Jaebum realizes that he had made a mistake and quickly changes the topic, “hey, want to help me out?”

“Yea sure… What do you need?”

“Can I record you sing this song as a guide?”

“Me?” Jamie asks in confusion, “why do you need me? You already have the demo…”

“I want to record it again properly so I can get a better sense on how I want this song but be sung… but the hyungs I’m working with all went home … And I can’t record properly by myself… It’s only a guide, no pressure or anything.”

“But my vocal cords… They still haven’t heal completely…”

“It’s fine… I won’t let you do any of the high notes… You just have to express the emotions. You’re one of the best singer in JYPE so…”

“Oh, trying to lure me with flattery?”

“No, of course not! Just stating the facts.”

“Oh wow, non-stop flattery… Well, let me tell you… Whatever you’re doing… It’s working, I’ll help,” Jamie states with a mischievous smirk that also brought a smile unto Jaebum’s face, “just give me the lyrics…”

Jaebum opens one of drawers and hands Jamie the lyrics, then she steps into the recording room and puts the headphones on to listen to his instructions. It was actually the first time they’ve had been in the same recording room, despite being in the same company for almost 6 years. Of course, Jamie has visited Got7 in the recording room, but they just never actually recorded songs together. However, her skills are well known in the industry, and Jamie actually sang guides for many JYP songs; he even has used her voice as a guide when “Confession Song” had been passed down to them from 15&.

“Okay, Jimin-a, I’m going to play the demo again so you can familiarize the melody. It’s still a rough draft so you can do ad-libs and add in things if you want...”

“Sounds good.

...

“Okay, I think I got it…”

“Already?!”

“Yea… Well, you said I don’t have to follow it exactly so…”

“Okay then… I’ll start the music.”

Jamie began to sing while snapping her fingers to the rhythm. Jaebum was soon mesmerized by her voice and only focused on her. He is amazed by how she can sing so well so effortlessly. Also, although he was really worried and concerned about her vocal nodules when he first heard the news, he thinks that it might have done a little good since Jamie’s voice became a bit more husky, adding more depth and color. As Jamie began to add adlibs, he was even more impressed by her talent and forgot that the song was already over.

“Oppa?... Oppa?”

“Yea, yea?!” Jamie’s voice soon snapped him out it.

“The song’s over… What did you think…?”

“Oh, it was good but… umm… maybe you can sing with a bit more anger? Frustration?”

“Anger and frustration? You sure…? I’m not sure if that match the lyrics…”

“Yea, I’m sure... I’ll start the music again.”

“Okay then…”

Jamie tried to sing with more emotion this time; although, she was still unsure for it really didn’t suit the lyrics.

“No no… One more time… Not enough emotion, Jimin-a… This time… Try to sing really loud… Anger and frustration

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter