Chapter 8

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Korea is still in harsh, cold weather for winter has just begun and now that the holidays have past, adults have to go back to all the works piled on the top of their desks, waiting for them to spend countless sleepless nights to finish. While on the other hand, there are still few days left of the vacation for the students; however, most of them are at home studying for their college entrance exams and finals for graduation was approaching. Due to this, the school was quiet and empty for even teachers and staffs went home for break. The gates were all closed and not a single person is seen, except for these 4 figures that are lingering in front of the gate.

 

“Aww, no one is here?!” Yugyeom complains as he peeks through the gate, trying to find a staff or teacher that would help.

 

“Of course there is no one! We’re on break!” Jamie rolls her eyes at him, “it was my fault to believe you when you said you have a way to get us in.”

 

“Hey, there are usually some staff or a security at the gate even on breaks! Plus, I’m sure they would have let us in if they were here.” Yugyeom fights back.

 

“He’s right. They would have let us in.” BamBam joins in to help his best friend.

 

“Yea but they are not here,” Jamie glares that both of them, “ Just follow me. There’s a way.”

 

“There’s a backgate or something?” Yugyeom asks.

 

“Clearly, I’m the only one who actually attended school. Everyone knows this way.” Jamie states as she leads the boys to one of the fence that surrounds the school. Then she counted the bars and stopped on the 22nd one as she began to pull it. The bar shifted very easily for it was kind of rusted, leaving plenty space between the bars for one to slip through.

 

“Woah Jamie, you were always late to school or something?” BamBam asks in a half-amazed and half-teasing tone.

 

“No, but I actually attended school so I learned all the tricks” Jamie teases back as she goes through the fence, “hurry up!”

 

At the Jamie’s command, the boys all slip through the fence and walk toward the school buildings. Jungkook walks nervously, slightly behind the others for he is unfamiliar with the school. But as he looked at the three kids fooling around in front of him, he felt like he was blessed to meet and befriend all of them. Yugyeom noticed that Jungkook was a bit behind was he turned to talk to him.

 

“Hey Jungkook, which school did you attend?”

 

“Oh, I attended Seoul School of Performing Arts.”

 

“Ah, I see. Sorry, all three of us attended here so we feel more comfortable invading here than your school. But it doesn’t matter, they’re both performing art school anyways, and it’s who you are with that’s important” Yugyeom states with a smug smile.

 

“Which it why you should be glad you weren’t in the same school with these two idiots,” Jamie states as she moved next to Jungkook to tease the other two boys, and Jungkook’s body suddenly tightens as he watched her come over.  

 

“Hey, we didn’t cause trouble in school.” BamBam protests.

 

“Yea, because you guys weren’t there for most of the time.”

 

“We attended school! Don’t say it like we weren’t never there.”

 

“Oh really, Mr. Perfect Absence.”

 

“Hey, it’s not like you have perfect attendance or something.”

 

“Still better than you,” and as Jamie turn her head, she notices that Jungkook hasn’t been talking for a while so she wanted to make him relax a bit more.

 

“Hey speaking of which, we really haven’t introduce our 97line to Jungkook, why don’t we do a proper introductory.” Jamie suggests as she looked at Jungkook.

 

“True, okay...Well, first, welcome to our JYP 97liners. Although we not all in the same company, our companies are like brothers so it doesn’t matter. I’m BamBam and by joining us, you have signed up for sharing all the joys and tears with your fellow 97liners.” BamBam exclaims with a dramatic tone that makes everyone chuckle.

 

“And especially dealing with all the troubles these two make,” Jamie adds as she pats Jungkook’s back.

 

“And also dealing with all the sarcastic and savage comments of Jamie,” Yugyeom also adds in as he moves to the other side of Jamie, once again causing laughter.

 

“Okay enough. Why are we here anyways?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter