CHAPTER 4

A dorky Heart

 

SM ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING

 

Taeyeon’s POV

Leader Taengoo on the rise. I am currently busy preparing for the SNSD concert world tour to Beijing. Since our members require too much dance routines, we usually consult our sunbaes, the super junior. Shindong and Eunhyuk are incharge of the choreography after all, and the exercises were hell. We started doing stretching and some deadly warm ups. My legs hurt, it feels like im ready to collapse on the floor. Hyoyeon on the other hand, was busy enjoying the routines. GOSH, a real dancing machine! Yoona was playing around with Donghae. Oh wait, Donghae’s part of the concert. He will be singing together with her, and of course.. Leeteuk oppa. He’s not here yet though, he currently resides at the We Got Married House together with the leader of After School, Park Kahi. I wonder how it went, Soo young said that the show is gaining too much popularity. I sighed, looking at my wiggly feet. It has been months since we informally talk. Informally, to the sense that we were really comfortable speaking, teasing or making fun of each other. I started the commotion somehow, I was the one who went away. I wonder how he copes up with the situation.

Yah, Taengoo, what are you doing, get up!” shindong called suddenly looking at me. I stood up from my sitting position but I suddenly lose balance after a very familiar voice filled the mid air.

anyeong.”

I regained my balance and stood up. I missed that voice. I  always hear that voice greeting me every morning before practice.

hyung!” donghae ran after him, giving a bear hug. Donghae really like to hug, huh..  Looks like I’m not only the one who misses him.

“how are you?” leeteuk oppa said, returning the action. “am I late for my part?”

“nope, just in time!” Yoona chimed in. she too hugged him. I wonder how can I be with him without having any malice to think of.

I turned my attention towards leeteuk. Leeteuk ssi, I haven’t talked to him for months, time flies really fast.so does changing.  Because, That guy, was not the same as before. He has changed a lot. He seemed taller, more manly I guess. His gelled hair really did the talking. He was wearing gray sleeveless shirt. But he still smiles a lot, showing those really cute dimples. There was really something different about him though, his aura had gotten stronger. Well not just because of the growing number of girls dying to be with him which includes all my co-snsd but also because of how he carried himself. With such manly grace and poise that all girls are to die for. He looks like a mixture of a bad guy but with an over all angelic face. I noticed he was with someone today. A tall beautiful girl wearing skimpy black shorts and white hooded shirt. She complimented her look with hoop earrings and a black and white cap. Oh no, its Park Kahi. Did she cause these changes towards him? I wonder.. and it somehow troubles me. Why would it trouble me? He looks happy with her. The strong aura that he had, somehow belittles me.

“let me see how you have gone this far.” Leeteuk said in anticipation as he search for plastic chairs for Kahi to sit down.

Leeteuk who usually leads our practice sat down with Kahi. He looked at us one by one, stared at me for split seconds and smiled. I just pretended I did not notice. Then he started counting, I started to dance too because all of my snsd members started following his counting. Somehow it really feels awkward. not really same as before where i usually alot whenever we practice.  I did not know what atmosphere graces the room. And Kahi noona, the stare of her as if criticizing our dance routines. Do I feel a little competition around here? Well I certainly lose though, because she dances well. And not that, she sings well too. She can belt high notes too. Gosh..  and she can rap too. How about I try rapping once? Yuri would kill me for that.

“Taengoo, you’re losing the counting.” Leeteuk said suddenly. I notice I was doing a different routine. I looked at him and apologized, he just accepted by smiling. Kahi was smiling too.

“that’s okay, you can do better.” She cheered me. Oh no, what’s this, too perfect girl to be true? Why do these things trouble me.

“of course she can do better.” I heard oppa talking to Kahi in a somewhat saccharine voice. Eek, what’s happening, I don’t like being corrected by two leaders. Especially them.

 

Leeteuk’s POV

“of course she can do better.” I said to Kahi in a baby talk voice. I was joking her because the voice makes her laugh. But she only stuck her tongue and looked at taeyeon rather interestingly.

“is something going on between you two?” Kahi asked suspiciously. She looked at me with squinting eyes. I flashed her my killer smile and laugh.

“do you think so?” I asked her. I toyed with her cap and tossed it aside but she didn’t mind. She just fixed her hair, still looking at my cute snsd ahjumma dancing. i began trying to change the subject. "hey, i should be calling you noona right? cos were two years apart. kekeke. actually that's 3 years but since youre born on december, i guess two years can be alright."

"and you can just start calling me leeteuk, not oppa." i added teasing her. "because im really younger."

but she was not paying any attention.

“I smell fish around here. “ she said smirking. “yah, youre not telling me anything.”

 I sighed. “well you shouldn’t have to ask for that. If you’re going to allow me to move on.”

“so there’s really..”

“look, something happened ok?” I whispered for anybody not to hear except her. Kahi put her hand in as if shocked. “I think you knew the issue already, its on the news anyway. After taengoo saw what’s going on between us, she began putting barricades between us. I don’t know why if it was my reaction that irritated her or she really does not want such situation to exist.”

“maybe she likes you so it wouldn’t be obvious?” Kahi asked me. I laughed. Taeyeon wouldn’t want an elder guy for a boyfriend. She even mentioned once on the radio that I am like SNSD’s elder sister than a brother. I just laughed it off while wookie consoled me during the show because he really knew that I was hurting from the statement.

“in your face Park Ji Young.” I just said sticking my tongue out.

I thought It will make Kahi furious but she just smiled. I reached out my hand to her face to quickly pinch her cheek but out of the blue, she caught my hand. I thought she would pinch it too but the After School’s muse placed the palm of my hand on her face and pressed her lips onto it.

"i like calling you oppa, because the word has a lot of meaning." she smiled, finally answering my question.

And suddenly I heard someone stumbled.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

I shouldn’t have been looking at them! Aww, I look like a chicken! Why am I looking at them earlier anyway? Leeteuk oppa shifted his gaze toward me in full concern. I really hurt my off but I tried my best to stand up with the help of Eunhyuk as if nothing had happened.

“I’m okay, really.” I said tossing my hair in which the fan blew and landed on my face. What a dork I am.

“are you really ok?” leeteuk asked me. He was about to go towards my direction to check if I was fine but Kahi mentioned something that halted him to his seat. He just stared at me with worried expression.

“no worries, I just need to go to the washroom.” I said and rushed outside.

I definitely ran towards the washroom located at the end of the sm building. I sat at the closed toilet sit inside the cubicle, holding my heart. Every beat it does go really fast. I know I shouldn’t just have looked. Or why would I mind? His hand on her face, and she planting her lips on it. It makes me crazy, as if I don’t know what to feel. My heart cannot stop beating, and a somewhat burning sensation dominates the feeling.

“stop burning!” I whispered to my heart. But it still stings. I really wanted to cry but why should i? does stinging makes people cry?i my chest, trying to ease the pain. I try to meditate, thinking of my aegyo moments at gee. Those aegyo moments really get into my nerves but it makes me a total dork too which is funny. I try reminiscing the dance movements of the gee, tried to do the same routines. Then suddenly, I remember Leeteuk oppa dancing the same. Imitating me. Aww.. why does his face ran in my thoughts? The same thing in Sukira when I lightly punched him in the chest. Oh, focus Kim Taeyeon, you can do a lot better.

“taengoo unni?” somebody was inside the washroom too.

yah, what are you doing here?” I asked Sunny through the cubicle door.

“I just want to know if you’re ok. The members are worried about you.” Sunny said. I heard water running down the faucet. She must have been washing her face.

“of course I’m allright, I’m just peeing.” I said, and fakely pushed the flush button. “see”

“oh,” sunny said, after she saw me opening the door. “Leeteuk oppa wanted to know if you’re ok too.”

“nah, he’s busy with his wife.” I said sarcastically, which made me seem surprised with myself. Sunny was surprised too because she was staring at me as if I said a bad word.

“he was practically worried, do not say that.” She said, trying to make me apologetic. “he wanted to follow me to get you but I said he’s not supposed to go to a girl’s washroom. He’s dead worried that you’re hurt.”

“I am pretty fat and I landed in my so no broken bones.” I assured her. Then I remembered Leeteuk oppa teasing me that I have belly fat. I shook my head to erase my thoughts.

I forgot that Sunny was staring at me.

“you’re weird.” Was all she has to say.

 

SNSD DORM

Taeyeon’s POV

With aching muscles and empty stomach, the snsd girls and I returned to our dormitory. Our dormitory is such because nine girls are living there. There are five rooms in which we share. I sleep together with sunny and tiffany is the only one who sleeps solo. Probably because she moves a lot when sleeping?nah, she’s my roommate before and we get along just fine. It’s been years living in this dormitory, ever since we debuted last 2007. My, time flies so fast when you don’t notice right?

 

Hyoyeon prepares the food for us. By the way, she’s a great cook. I volunteered myself once in cooking kekeke. But I guess, the only dish I can prepare is omelet rice. I’m just young though, I can definitely learn. Taeyeon hwaiting! I just sat watching Hyo cook. But my mind was really floating elsewhere. It gave me goosebumps just thinking of what happened earlier. Its worse than watching a horror movie but a lot more painful than watching dramas. Oh. maybe goosebumps but not pain, I don’t think I am in the position to feel such a thing. Even though my heart really stings, until now, when I think of it.

“I miss you.” I whispered, letting out a sigh.

“what? Who do you miss?” I did not notice that Yuri was just behind me, leaning her chin at my shoulder. I must have been thinking deeply.

“I miss you, haven’t you heard?” I tell her, faking a smile. I guess I’m not that caught.

“as if unni, your mind floats.” Yuri said my back. “I wish that floating thing can be eaten, like a root beer float.” She teased. “oh maybe not root beer, just root beer colored hair right? He was at the practice.”

“you and your very imaginative thoughts.” I told her, messing her hair. Yuri shrieked and did the same to me. I gasped, and ran after her until we circled the kitchen.

yah, you girls stop bothering me here, I’m cooking!” hyoyeon shouted. Yuri and I decided to do one thing. And we ended up messing her hair also.

“YAH!! You are so dead!!!” she said, running after us.

Things happen a lot in early 20’s.