CHAPTER 27

A dorky Heart

TAEYEON’S POV

Aish… that leeteuk.

Its been hours since we left appa and eomma in the province. And here I am again inside the big bus for a ride to seoul. It will probably take another two hours to arrive for the destination since we have a lot of stop overs. Maybe two to four more towns til we reach the bus stop.

I slumped on the bus seat and sighed, stealing leeteuk’s cap to cover my head. He on the other hand wore his shades since the sun kept peering on and off and the curtains were so thin I think I would get myself a sun burn. People inside the bus must have looked at us for the nth time because of our familiarity, including the bus driver who kept on looking at leeteuk and noticing his high pitched laugh. Yes leeteuk has been laughing for a while, I guess for the entire ride? He wouldn’t let me know what really went on when he talked to my eomma. he had been giggling so much with no reason that I sometimes cover my ears because of the nuisance.

“if you laugh again, I’ll strangle you.” I threatened him with my usual bossy voice.

Leeteuk laughed again and crossed his arms.

yah, why wouldn’t you tell me what you and eomma talked about?” I asked. I kept poking his chest with my bare fist. It even looked that I was punching him because of the force.

“ouch, hey, take it easy.” He smiled, holding my hand. leeteuk usually have this very infectious smile that will make anyone feel like they’ve been touched by an angel. And now I felt guilty for poking him. “there are just some things that are needed to be kept in private, taeng.”

“even to your girlfriend?” I grumbled. oh, my gosh. Why would leeteuk think that way??

“girlfriend is no excuse.” He replied, toying with my cap. I cringed my eyebrows and made a very disturbing pout.

yah, puppy girl, stop pouting.” Leeteuk laughed.

“I really want to know what you two talked about.” I said, not taking my eyes off him. I can see that his eyes were laughing inside those shades.

Leeteuk gently hit my lap.

“if I tell you what happened, there’s no more thrill in it.” he said, giving me a clue. “just think of it in a positive manner.”

aish, I really can’t win on you.”

“what are you talking about, I always let you win.” Leeteuk smiled.

I laughed too. I really kept on bossing him around and he really seemed okay with it.

“just make sure that its good news.” I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Leeteuk leaned too. I can smell the fresh scent of his newly endorsed cologne. It’s a mixture of a fruity and musky fragrance which I really loved. But no one can really beat his natural scent.

ne, now you take a nap, we still have few more hours to go.” He said, patting my head. “I’ll just wake you up when we reach the terminal.”

“how about you?”

“I’ll keep guard on you.” He smiled.

I nodded. Who could contradict a nice good sleep anyway? I closed my eyes and drifted myself away to sleep.

 

SUPER JUNIOR DORMITORY

 

Leeteuk woke up the next morning feeling a slight pain in the back. Again. he must have slept in his usual cradling position that he quite forgot how his doctor kept mentioning him to control his flexing positions before sleeping. Leeteuk ruffled his hair and yawned. He looked at the duck wall clock hanging at the corner of his and ryeowook’s room. Its eight am. Quite late for his usual wake up schedule.

Still rubbing his eyes, leeteuk got up and exited his room. The other members must be awake at this point of time. He could already smell breakfast food that ryeowook and sungmin prepared.

Bacon, he said, smiling at the thought.

Leeteuk rubbed again his eyes and almost jumped at the sight of a girl sitting at the couch in the living room.

“seo?” he asked, shocked.

Little maknae seohyun was sitting comfortably at couch, playing with kyuhyun’s psp. She really looked dainty in a white frilly dress with a huge yellow leather belt.

“goodmorning oppa.” Seohyun smiled. “did I surprise you?”

“you really did.” Leeteuk said.

he turned towards a room at the end of the dorm. Of course seohyun wouldn’t visit anyone but his evil maknae right?

“kyu!” he called out.

“kyuhyun!” he said again. leeteuk rubbed his eyes to opt for a better vision of his surroundings. He almost stepped on sungmin’s pink teddy bear that was lying on the floor.

Sj maknae popped out from the bathroom, fixing his clothes.

“you’re calling me?” he asked.

Leeteuk looked at kyuhyun and noticed that he was overflowing with cologne scent.

“don’t tell me seo came here to fetch you?” the suju leader asked, shocked.

Kyuhyun grinned.

“oh no, don’t make that face infront of me.” Leeteuk said.

hyung, its nothing, besides  I will be taking her out.” Kyuhyun said, buttoning his polo. “I’ll treat her.”

Kyuhyun looked at himself on the full length mirror and fixed his hair.

“that’s still different, asking a girl to come over.” Leeteuk said, putting his hands at his hips.

Seohyun only looked at them and smiled.

oppa, its okay, I was going to return his psp anyway.” She said, raising the gadget.

“seo, he could have returned it if he will be the one to fetch you.” Leeteuk said. “anyways.. where are you going?”

Kyuhyun grinned again.

“a secret date.” He said.

“you’ll be taking a cab? People will notice you.”

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“im taking your car.” He said confidently.

 “mwo??”

“I already have the keys.” kyuhyun said in a sardonic smile.

aigoo, give me that.”

“no.” kyuhyun embraced the keys making leeteuk close his eyes.

yah, I have a date too.” Leeteuk bit his lip.

Kyuhyun made a puppy face.

“are you telling me that you’re just going to let your dongsaengs spend a date without a car while their hyung enjoys a date in a car?”

yah, since when did you plan on making me guilty?” leeteuk laughed at the thought. “ let me have those keys.”

Kyuhyun pouted.

hyung, please!”

aigoo

“I’ll clean your room!” kyuhyun volunteered as leeteuk picked up Sungmin’s teddy on the floor.

“youre rich, buy your own car.”

hyung, I’m only a singer, not a dj and an mc.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Leeteuk was definitely one of the richest in super junior because of his activities.

aigoo.” Leeteuk bit his lip, closing his eyes again.

“please!”

“okay okay, deal.” Leeteuk said. he knew taeyeon would understand. Its her maknae at stake.

“yey!” kyuhyun embraced his leader.

Leeteuk laughed and looked at seohyun.

“just make sure you’ll bring her home before midnight okay?” he said, looking at kyuhyun. “and pay for the gas. Don’t be like donghae.”

Donghae would always ask leeteuk to pay the gas bills for his own car. It was a bit minor trauma for him treating s. They like asking him to pay for their own bills.

“I don’t have enough money to pay for the gas.” Kyuhyun said.

aish.” Leeteuk scratched his head. “search for my wallet at the top of the refrigerator. Get some cash.”

Kyuhyun jumped with joy.

“you’re the best!” he said, kissing leeteuk.

aish, having a date with less money?” the suju leader talked to himself. Leeteuk sighed. He got bankrupt again.

----------------------------------

COFEE SHOP, SEOUL

Taeyeon’s POV

I found leeteuk hurrying to reach my seat. He was ten minutes late

“sorry.” He said panting.“I lent kyu the car so I just commuted.”

“yeah, I know, take a seat.” I said, offering the chair next to me. I looked at leeteuk and pitied him for commuting. It must have been difficult for him to go out with people noticing him.

The sweat beading on his face made me admire how he sacrificed just to give his maknae a ride.

“seo said that she’s with Kyu oppa so no need to explain.” I said, ruffling his hair.

“she must have tell you everything that happened earlier.” Leeteuk laughed.

ne.” I said. “don’t worry, I’ll treat you for now, no need to spend.”

I knew he wouldn’t like that idea but its always fun for me teasing him.

“no, I’ll pay for this.” He suggested.  Very typical of leeteuk.

“no way, Kyu oppa already got you bankrupt right?”

“I withdrew some cash.” Leeteuk said, taking off his shades. He wiped some sweat forming under his lower eyelids with a tissue.

“please, let me pay for this, give me my man of honor.” He laughed, pinching the back of my hand.

“okay.” I said. I pulled out an entertainment magazine under the table to change the topic.

“what do you want to order?” leeteuk asked me as I flipped for the pages. He squinted for the menu situated at the ordering area.

“I already had my coffee, French toast will do.” I said while scanning the magazine.

Leeteuk nodded.

“anything else?”

“I’m dieting, remember?” I smiled.

Leeteuk stood up to have a better view of the menu.

“as if.” He teased.

“yah, disappear! Order now!” I laughed, hitting his . Leeteuk gave out his high pitched laugh and proceeded to the counter.

It will really take him a while to get his order. Leeteuk would always love to check every single item on the menu. Sometimes it will take him more than five minutes because he is a picky eater. But since we are inside a coffee shop, I guess he would just have his late morning coffee and some bread.

I watched him looking at the menu and went to focus on the magazine I’m reading instead. I already had a formed hobby of looking at him but I need to get my mind off him for awhile.

This Korean entertainment magazine really my mood to find for another set of clothing wear. I guess I would ask leeteuk to come with me and shop after we eat. The magazine is really updated and I would curiously check every single item. I’m not a very luxurious person and I would always love to find clothes with very cheap price.

“is this seat taken?”

I looked up and almost jumped at the sight of a man leaning at me.

“junsu oppa!” I cupped my mouth with my hand.

“taeng.” He smiled, patting my head. Junsu oppa looked huge as ever.

“are you always at the gym?” I joked. “take a seat.”

Xiah junsu nodded and took a seat to where leeteuk was awhile ago.

“I saw you so I just dropped by.” He said as he intertwined his hands. I looked at him and smiled. He really changed a lot. Partly because he was more muscular and he had a short cut on his hair that made really look manly.

Leeteuk would really look fragile if he would sit closer to him.

“are you on a business or something?” I asked, closing the magazine.

“I’m heading for a salon.” Junsu stole the magazine away from me. He playfully scanned at the pages.

“what are you doing here anyway?” he turned to asked me. Junsu’s eyes would really squint every time he would look at me.

“I’m with leeteuk.” I blinked.

“leeteuk?” junsu laughed. “you’re ignoring honorifics, I guess something went on?”

Junsu is that quick for getting the idea.

“didn’t eunhyuk oppa tell you?” I asked.

“of course he wouldn’t tell me, I think that thing has to be kept secret right?” junsu closed the magazine and placed it under the table.

“ah, ne.” I said, bowing down.

Leeteuk returned to our area with a tray of food.

“junsu?” he was really shocked to find the former DBSK member sitting with me.

hyung!”

“I didn’t recognize you!” leeteuk put down his tray and embraced junsu.

 but it really looked like Junsu was strangling him because of his built.

“you’ve grown.” Leeteuk stared at him. “ a lot.”

“manly huh?” junsu flexed his biceps. I laughed because leeteuk appeared thinner with him.

“yeah, I almost looked like a girl.” Leeteuk confessed, staring at his built.

Junsu hit him at the back.

aish, hyung, don’t say such things you’re still the iest man.” He laughed as I motioned for them to sit down.

“wow.” Leeteuk said.

I inched my face at him.

“what’s the matter?” I asked.

“nothing.” Leeteuk smiled. “its just like de ja vu.”

I realized that Junsu oppa was seated beside me and leeteuk was in the opposite.

“years ago were like this.” Leeteuk said, handing me out the food. I blushed.

“years ago, I was a chaperone to both of you when you went out to the mall.” He reminisced.

“oh yeah, that one.” Junsu clapped his hands. “remember that taeng when I treated you at the mall and hyung was with us?”

“the one where people swarmed at us? yes.” I said.

hyung would really protect us by guiding us wherever we go so we wouldn’t appear like a couple.” Junsu said so loud I think some people stared at us in wonder.

“but were not really a couple.” I laughed, hitting him at the arm.

“because you wouldn’t say yes to me that time.” Junsu pinched my cheek. “you would always tell me that were co-talents and were not allowed because of the agency.”

“its really prohibited!” I snickered, hitting him again.

ne, ne.” junsu said, stealing leeteuk’s coffee. He took a sip with leeteuk staring at him in surprise.

“remember when I told you to sit next to me at GDA? You were the only girl sitting there so I guess it caused quite a stir.” Junsu continued.

 I shook my head in embarrassment.

“I really didn’t know what I was doing then.”

“I know, you were so into me that time.” Junsu joked. I laughed so hard that I went to cup my mouth to stop.

“when doing SM town were always the last ones to put our hands together.” Junsu said.

“that was coincidence.”

“it wasn’t,  it was a plan so that we could hold hands.” Junsu said. he stared at leeteuk and winked. “ne, hyung?’

“yeah, you were the perfect couple back then.” Leeteuk smiled sheepishly as he looked down at his lap.

I stopped laughing and realized what was taking place.

oppa…”

“I think I need some fresh air.” Leeteuk smiled at us and headed outside.

------------------------------

Leeteuk walked and walked without taking his eyes off the road. He laughed and shook his head in mere embarrassment. What did he just do? he simply walked out infront of his girlfriend and Junsu at the coffee shop. He couldn’t really help but to simply divert their attention away from them. It really bothered him seeing the two together.

He texted Junsu to be with taeyeon for a while while he look for a place to displace his thoughts. It would only take a while or so.

“gosh.” Leeteuk sat at marble floor of a mini park and contemplated at his actions. He poked his head many times with his fist. If Junsu didn’t tell something about their past, he wouldn’t be feeling this way. It wasn’t his fault either because Junsu recalled those as good treasured memories.

If he was with Taeyeon all along and the management didn’t dismiss him, there’s a huge chance that he and his girl would really hook up right? Leeteuk shook again his head to erase his thoughts.

yah.” Someone hit his head with a gentle fist.

Leeteuk looked up.

“surprise to see me?” park kahi smiled. “no, no don’t stand up.”

Kahi sat next to him and stretched out her legs. Leeteuk blinked. What was all this coincidence about? Earlier it was Junsu appearing infront of him and now its Kahi.

“I’m having a break from a photoshoot and I saw you crossing the street.” Kahi said, reading his thoughts.

Leeteuk nodded and went to rummage his bangs away from his face.

“your outfit says something about it.” he said, looking at her.

ne.” kahi unconsciously fixed her hair too. “what are you doing here, you seem so lonely again.”

“just a minor thing.” Leeteuk smiled. He gently swept a leaf that dropped down to his lap. “taeng is with Junsu right now. Unfortunately they talked about something that really bothered me so I went here for some fresh air.”

Kahi laughed.

“blast from the past, huh?” she scratched her head.

“tell me all about it.”

“jealousy can kill.” Kahi said.

“kahi…” leeteuk turned his body facing her. “yoochun and Junsu are of the same age, how do you deal with matters concerning the heart with people younger than you? I mean yoochun is younger than you but you have a very strong relationship.”

“like what you said, age does not matter.” Kahi said, contemplating with his idea.

“it really looked like taeng is happier with him.” Leeteuk  cupped his chin and stared at his shoes. “it seemed like they had less generation gap.”

yah, youre talking as if you’re ages away from them, stop thinking about that.” kahi hit his back. “don’t make us appear older. You just need to think what you have for right now.”

“yes, I know.” Leeteuk said. “I’m just wondering.”

“what really matters is the present.” Kahi said, fixing the creases off her clothes. “what really matters is that you have her and she’s happy with you, right?”

Leeteuk nodded.

“and being like that going out for some fresh air is not a bad thing to do. its more like adjusting so good job about it.”

“yes, its only a minor thing so I really shouldn’t put out a huge deal on it.” leeteuk said.

He stretched out his legs too and looked at the sky above him. The clouds dancing and the sky reminded him of his and taeng’s favorite colors combined into one.

“how’s yoochun?” leeteuk suddenly changed the topic.

“he’s with me actually, he just went out to buy something.” Kahi smiled, looking at him.

There was a real glow in her eyes that leeteuk can picture out the relationship Kahi have with the former DBSK member.

“you really seem so happy.” Leeteuk noticed.

“I know right?” Kahi flipped her hair out of her face. “I have a good solo career, a progressive group career and I have yoochun with me. There’s really nothing to ask more.”

“I’m really happy for you.”

“thanks.” Kahi grinned.

Leeteuk playfully shook his bangs.

“I heard you’re going for the army next year.” Kahi blurted.

ne.”

“how do you deal with it?” she asked.

Leeteuk smiled and sighed.

“I have plans.” He said, staring at her.

“like?”

“can you help me?” he asked.

“tell me all about it first.” Kahi blinked.

------------------------------------

Taeyeon’s POV

“what? Did he really tell you that?”

I scratched my head and went to heave out some air. I couldn’t believe that leeteuk will really leave me with Junsu oppa. For the purpose of what? Just because he didn’t catch up with the conversations awhile ago?

The smell of coffee in the air really irritated my senses.

“I know I hurted him but he really didn’t have to be that way.”

I bit my lip and Junsu could already see my eyes gleaming. I really couldn’t help but to really feel bad about it.

“hey, stop that, I know he has some reasons that’s why he left.” Junsu said gently.

I sighed.

“I really shouldn’t have opened up something about us.” junsu laughed. “how foolish of me, really sorry about that taeng.”

“its okay.” I said, shushing him up. “I was really surprised that oppa would really take it as a big deal.”

“I don’t think so.” Junsu finished up leeteuk’s untouched coffee. “I really think he went to leave for some reason. Its just a matter of coincidence or something.”

I looked at my cellphone and still no messages from him.

“he should have texted me where he is going.” I blurted out my thoughts. Its very unusual of leeteuk to not text where he would go. Did he really need that much space?

I stood up and hauled my bag.

“where are you going?” junsu asked.

“I’ll go where he goes.”

hyung told me that you need to finish your breakfast so you should sit down and eat the remaining food.” Junsu said.

The picture of leeteuk texting junsu to take care of me while he was away really made my eyes to gleam more.

“I really can’t stand this.” I said, sitting down.

“tissue?” junsu offered.

“he shouldn’t be leaving me when I am about to say sorry.” I choked. I stole the tissue and wiped off the tear out my eyes.

“like I said, he will be back.” Junsu smiled, offering me more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


---------------------

*really sorry that it took me a while to post... been busy with school kekeke :p