CHAPTER 20

A dorky Heart

It was a very bright sunny day for leeteuk. The sun rays crept through his eyes as he looked outside from the room, partly shielded by blinds. A typical morning lay before him with a light breeze of morning dew slithering through his skin and a smell of morning scent brushing through his nose. Leeteuk smiled at the various activities their neighbors would do every morning. Morning people would be present everywhere, sweeping yards, jogging, and gardening their lawns.

Leeteuk couldn’t help but to think of taeyeon. It was almost two weeks since the restraining order, two weeks since they last see each other. Was she doing fine because of the restraining order? Maybe she was glad that she was not in his midst for awhile. He knew how much stress he had caused her just by tagging along. It really pained him whenever taeyeon would think about him that way.

But he really missed her a lot. There wasn’t even a time that he kept on pondering himself if she was completely fine, without illness or any injury she’s having from practice. He knew that it was the start of another snsd concert, and she would be pretty much busy handling snsd activities. Before the snsd concert,  he would always text her for support or be present during pray overs. But since because of his suspension, he was not able to be with her.

Leeteuk pulled up the blinds to lighten the room. It would be very bad for the place to not get the sweet scent of morning.

“you seem to be thinking hard.”

Leeteuk turned around to see Kahi picking up her bag.

He noticed that she was checking her belongings one by one.

“kahi.” Leeteuk sat at the bed. “don’t tell me you’re leaving early?”

“and why not?” asked kahi.

“the organizers said that we can stay here until tomorrow.”

Leeteuk and Kahi’s show already wrapped up last night but the organizers permitted them to stay for one more day to clean up their stuff and to organize some belongings. The we got married show already reached the final episode were both couples decided to separate for good. Kahi would be resuming with her new album while leeteuk would return to their sj dormitory, waiting for the suspension and the restraining order to be canceled.

“I have a date.” Kahi laughed, zipping up her bag.

“mwo—date??”

Leeteuk ‘s face cringed.

“why are you like that?” kahi looked at him surprisingly.

“youre leaving me here?” he asked, bewildered.

“yah, we already separated.” Kahi joked.

Leeteuk paced to and fro across the wooden tiles, thinking hard.

“youre quick to replace me.” He pouted.

Kahi stretched out her legs, leaning herself at the bed post.

“don’t tell me that youre inlove with me now?” she teased.

Leeteuk smiled.

“what are you going to do anyways when we leave here?” kahi asked.

“I’ll be staying at the dorm, mourning to the activities I’ve missed.” Leeteuk kidded.

babo.”

“what? Im not going to do anything anyways.” He muttered as kahi threw him a scrunched paper.

“you should clean and cook like ryeowook.” Kahi suggested. “be a maid.”

“maybe I will.” He replied, suddenly awed by the idea. He had a sudden thought of imagining himself in an apron with a cooking utensil on the right hand and a dirty looking broom at the other.

“wow, what a dream.” Kahi said, poking him at the ribs.

Leeteuk looked at her.

“yah, Kahi.” He said, seriously.  “ Take care of yourself for me, okay? It will be really funny without you around.”

It was true. Leeteuk almost got used being with Kahi everyday for a couple of months that he would really find it weird to wake up one morning finding that she’s not with him.

“you’ll get used to it.” kahi said, messing up his hair.

Leeteuk smiled.

“who’s the lucky guy anyways?” he asked.

“secret.” Kahi crossed an index finger towards her lips. “but its someone you know and I think you would approve of.”

“really? Someone older?”

“hmm.. nope.”

Leeteuk laughed.

“if that someone is younger than me, I’ll tease you to death.” He blurted.

Kahi slapped him at the back.

“aish, you spoiler.”

“so its younger?”

Kahi nodded.

“haha!” leeteuk cupped his hand at his lips to stop himself from laughing uncontrollably.

“yah.” Kahi pulled his earlobe to steady himself. “don’t make fun of me will you?”

“sorry ji young.”

“now I don’t have the guts to tell you who he is.” Kahi sighed.

“I know him already so you don’t have to.” Leeteuk replied.

Kahi gaped at him.

“don’t tell me you’ve been reading my texts?” she asked.

“im not.” Leeteuk said defensively. “want me to tell you who my suspicion is?”

“shoot.” Kahi said, encouraging him.

Leeteuk smiled again til the corners of his lips almost touched his ears.

“its yoochun.”

“yah, how did you know?” kahi stood up looking for her cellphone. He must be really reading her messages.

“im not going through your phone, I swear.” Leeteuk assured her. “just think of me with psychic powers.”

“maybe it was obvious, ne?” kahi asked, blushing.

Leeteuk looked at her with a surprised expression on the face.

“what? I haven’t seen him for a long time.” Said Kahi.

Leeteuk smiled.

“just make sure that you’ll take care of yourself, alright?” he squeezed her shoulder, in a way of sending her off.

ne, I will.” Kahi said. “I’m going to have a good time.”

“tell me what happened after the date.” He winked.

--------------------------

Taeyeon’s POV

It was already two weeks. Two weeks! I didn’t know how I managed to survive those fourteen days without seeing him! Maybe because I was busy with my snsd practice anyway, somehow my thoughts were distracted and I got through him for awhile. Only for awhile though, sometimes its really hard not knowing when he’s okay or what.

Usually I would ask shindong and eunhyuk oppa about the ahjussi since they said he was back at the dorm already. My gosh, those two must have been tired from me asking if teukie oppa is okay. They always say that he frequently cleans the house and tries cooking too. Sometimes I would be reminded how that attitude even makes me admire him more. Sometimes I wanted to sneak into their dorm just to see what he’s doing. What a dork.

Two weeks. The time when I talked to mr. lee soo man was still clear in my head. His sitting position, the black suit and the very inviting atmosphere was there.

 

“what do you want to tell me?” lee soo man asked.

“we’re here to talk about leeteuk ssi.” I said, which took a lot of courage to tell.

“leeteuk ssi, super junior leader?” lee soo man smiled.

I nodded. His smile was really a mix of surprise and unexpected warmth.

“what do you want to tell me about him?” the president urged.

I cleared my throat. It became dry because of nervousness.

“I want to have the suspension and the restriction order removed.” I said.

“and why is that?” lee soo man asked.

Shoot, I forgot what I should explain.

“yah, ahjussi.” Sunny butted in. “taeyeon unni realized something that you should know about.”

“what is it miss kim?”

I bit my lip.

“i---- “ are there any proper words to say?

Sunny nudged my ribs to say something.

“I want to have the restriction order and suspension order removed because---“

“because we feel the same, there.” I finalized, looking at the president straight in the eyes.

Lee soo man sighed.

“are you aware of the company’s policy?” he asked.

“yes.” I tensed, playing with my hands. “I’m aware that were not allowed to date, or fell inlove or something like that.”

“so youre aware the consequences of what you said can lead to your suspension too?” lee soo man smiled.

I gulped.

“yes.”

Sunny shook her head.

“yah ahjussi, be nice.” She demanded.

“lee sunkyu, I am still the president, not just your ahjussi.” Lee soo man stared at her with such order that made sunny seal .

“sorry.” She mouthed.

“miss kim.” Lee soo man turned his face on me. “youre coming here telling me to remove the sanctions we gave to mister park. Don’t you realize what you’re doing in the first place?”

I nodded. I knew it was too much.

“I just want to say--- to say how much I regretted allowing that restriction order.” I told him. “I really made a mistake out there. I’m aware of the policy, yes. I was born to follow it. but when I realized that---“

“that?” lee soo man leaned on his chair, crossing his legs.

“mr. president, I love your talent.” I said, referring to leeteuk. “I realized it just now. I know it was too late. But I know that you can help me with this. Sir, I would do anything just to have him back at the agency.”

“please.” I said, kneeling. Sunny stared at me in shock which I ignore.

“unni, stand up.” She hissed.

“no.” I said. i looked at the president with a deal of concern. “sir, I would take the suspension as an snsd leader in replace of park jungsu to be retained the leader. I would take this opportunity to stand on his side.”

Lee soo man sighed.

“kim taeyeon, stand up.”

“I won’t sir, until you replace me to retain him.” I firmly said.

Lee soo man shook his head and reached out his hand.

“your kneeling wont do anything good to you.” He said, pulling me to stand up.

I closed my eyes. I cant cry now, I have to be strong for him.

“this is really outrageous.” Lee soo man told me. “this is like something against me. Hearing two people against my policy which I built.”

I nodded. He was right.

“but this.. this is the first time that I encountered two of my talents professing love for each other.” He pointed out. “it takes a lot of courage to stand against a policy, which really saddens me.”

I knew he’d feel that way

“but at the same time makes me admire you too for being brave.” He said, which was really surprising for him to say. “I will give you your wish.”

I almost jumped to my seat.

“jinja?” I asked, confirming his words.

“I will take out the restraining order and the suspension order of mister park jung su without you being handed out sanction if----“

If? There’s a catch.

“if you don’t say something about this in two weeks.” He said.

Now what was that?

“yah, ahjussi that’s too long!” sunny gasped.

“sunny, do you think I can remove a contract in just a matter of days after the suspension?” lee soo man laughed.

“ne.” I said, pouting.

“and there’s another.”

I patiently waited for him to compose his words. Better take a lot of conditions than to lose oppa.there’s saying that always says that better to be late than never.

“if ever something happens to both you.” He said, thinking aloud. “let me just say if the two of you become a couple.”

The thought just sent chills to my spine.

“you’ll have to deny it.” he said.

“deny???” sunny put her hands in her hips in disagreement.

“a policy is still a policy.” Lee soo man repeated. “sm artists are not allowed to date.”

“however, there isn’t a saying that you two are forbidden to be in love. Therefore I’m allowing you to have a relationship in private, unknown to the media.” He added, intertwining his hands.

Sunny raised her eyebrow.

“yah, sunny, its okay. kamsamnida, kamsamnida! Gomawo!” I said hugging mister president. I couldn’t think of more.

Its okay than never right? Mister president was so nice to even allow a relationship. If oppa wants a relationship, that is. Am I even ready for that? I haven’t talked to him yet! So much to do in so little time!

“gomawo soo man sunbaenim.” I said, bowing three times. My happiness felt like I was in cloud 9. In a halo.

“gomawo ahjussi.” Sunny repeated my gesture.

I held sunny’s hands, squeezing it tight. Now I’m prepared what tomorrow’s going to face me.

 

I smiled at myself. That was two weeks ago. That’s when how kim taeyeon beat up the odds to save her man.

--------------------------

SNSD PRACTICE 6:35 PM

 “yah, unni, see you at home.”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica and tiffany disappeared from her view with the other snsd members. They just finished practicing their last rehearsal in preparation for the concert tomorrow. It was a real pain in the neck having to keep up with new routines that eunhyuk and shindong taught for the last minute.

Taeyeon was left alone because she had to talk to her manager for some arrangements regarding the concert. She was planning of doing a ballad song than dancing for a solo. It tired her doing a dance. She was thinking of doing a powerful vocal exercise before the big day.

Taeyeon knew what to do next and closed her locker before her to look at a  fellow sm town family member picking up a dropped towel.

 She was surprised of what she saw.

“hey.” Leeteuk looked at her and was also surprised that she was there.

“hey.”

Taeyeon blushed. She hadn’t seen him for a long time. Realizing that she has feeling for him all the way made her think of weird thoughts.

aish.” She said, shaking her head.

Leeteuk smiled and headed for the exit.

yah.” Taeyeon reached out her hand, catching up with him.

Leeteuk stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

“um..” taeyeon opened to say something but she couldn’t think of a way how to say it.

“youre going to tell me something?” leeteuk asked, facing her.

“I---- um… I---“

Taeyeon bit her lip.

“go on taeng, before somebody sees us.” The suju leader encouraged her.

Think taeyeon, think!

“how’s the food?” taeyeon wanted to hit herself in the head for such a question.

“what food?” leeteuk smiled.

“um.. I mean how’s your day?”

Aish…

“I’m completely fine.” Leeteuk said, looking at his surroundings.

Taeyeon nodded. She wanted to say so many things to him but she’s afraid that he will back off because she ignored him at the first place.

“you, how are you?” it was leeteuk’s turn to ask question.

“I’m---- I’m okay because I saw you.” Taeyeon smiled.

Her smile faded when realized that she was hitting on him when leeteuk suddenly shot her a confusing look.

“youre acting weird, kim taeyeon.” He smiled, walking towards the elevator.

yah.” Kim taeyeon followed him again.

“taeng.”

Leeteuk faced her with a puzzled look in the eyes.

“you know that there’s a restraining order right?” he asked gently. “you shouldn’t be sticking around with me if you don’t want to get caught.”

“how are you? Have you been okay? Are you eating meals regularly?” taeyeon ignored his question as she followed him inside the elevator.

Leeteuk sighed.

“taeng, what did you do this time?” he asked, rubbing his forehead.

“nothing.” Taeyeon replied, flatly. “I just want to ask if you’re alright.”

She wanted to tell him that she got a deal with the ceo regarding his suspension and the restraining order. She wanted to tell him how much she regretted having to send him away because of her ignorance to her feelings.

“is there really something you want to tell me?” leeteuk asked her in a full concern. “cos the last moment I knew, you were ignoring me. And now youre talking to me as if I haven’t been ignored at the first place. What did you do?”

“i---- um…”

Taeyeon, just get over with it. tell him what you feel.

“i------“ sweat beaded through her forehead. “aish..”

“taeng, what is it?” he asked, leaning closer to her.

“aren’t you in a restraining order?”

leeteuk almost jumped when the elevator man interrupted their conversation.

“yes, supposed to be.” The suju leader replied. He looked at taeyeon, wishing she would say something.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon mouthed.

Leeteuk nodded and went to back off. He  headed outside when the elevator opened but glanced at her in concern before leaving.

Taeyeon sighed. She was so disgusted at herself.

----------------------

Leeteuk went home at the dorm with a strain of confusion in the eyes. Yes he was glad that taeyeon got to talk to him. And she wanted to say something too which was vague to his understanding. What could it be? What was that enthusiasm in herself that made her follow him all the way until reaching the elevator? They weren’t suppose to talk right?

She was ignoring him before.  It couldn’t be that she’s making amends. After all she didn’t know what to say. She kept stuttering. Maybe she felt sorry for what she had done? It was her choice of letting him have the restraining order anyways.

hyung.” Donghae peeked at leeteuk’s ultra white room carrying a pink envelope in his hand.

“what’s that?” leeteuk asked, getting his mind off taeyeon for awhile.

Donghae raised his shoulders which was a sign that he didn’t know too.

“I just found it outside the dorm at the floor.” He said, sitting next to his hyung. “it says, its for you.”

Leeteuk retrieved the dainty looking envelope and opened the item for the contents.

“its from kahi.” He said.

“read read!” donghae ordered.

 

Dear Jungsu oppa,

Hey. I know by the time you read this, im not by your side anymore. I just want to thank you for all the things you’ve done to me which made me really happy. The times we’ve spent at we got married house was one of the best moments of my life. staying there as your wife really improved me to be a better person. And to realize that I can love wholeheartedly without asking anything in return.

Your clumsiness and goofiness really made my boring days warmer. I wouldn’t know how to wake up one day realizing that im not gonna do the usual things that I do with you--- cook your breakfast and dinner, stay beside you on the long wee hours of the night, help you clean the front lawn. I’m really going to miss all that.

I know that you’re a good person. Any girl really deserves to have you and is lucky to have you by the way. I know that you’ll take good care of the right person, much more than the care you give to me. I’m a bit jealous by that, kekeke. But hey, I’m going to find someone who fits me sooner or later. I may hate you because you’re personality is my standard.

So goodluck to me then, right? And goodluck to you too. Someday when we meet again, probably during variety shows, or when I guest to your radio show, I’d still be the Park Kahi you always knew. We’ve built a really nice friendship out there, I hope it won’t change. Saranghae oppa.

Love always,

Park Jiyoung (Kahi)

ps: I’ve attached something together with this letter. Please attend to that event.

 

Leeteuk curiously slipped out a cardboard paper which upon by the looks of it produced shockwaves and goosebumps on his skin.

Donghae’s eyes goggled.

“is that?” he asked, stealing the piece.

“snsd ticket concert.” Said leeteuk.