CHAPTER 13

A dorky Heart

*** this is a very long chapter. hope you guys like it :)

Yesung stared at the ceiling, without any blink from the eyes. He was on the floor for two hours straight, unmoving, without any noise escaping from his lips. He felt comfortable just by doing nothing at all. All that was moving was his turtle pet on his chest, who looked like it was looking for food.

“aren’t you going to get up yet?” sungmin asked from the kitchen. He was busy helping ryeowook prepare lunch.

“he looks like his turtle.” Donghae guffawed, throwing his towel at Yesung’s feet. Yesung didn’t respond for such an action, and continued lazing on the floor. Sungmin shook his head and proceeded to his activity.

“yah, more lazing and I’ll turn you into a Christmas tree.” Said Donghae, poking yesung with his foot.

“don’t you have a taping for today?” asked Siwon, who just emerged from his room.

“its my free day.” donghae grinned.

“Friday?nope its just Thursday today.” Siwon muttered. This made Yesung laugh uncontrollably.

“Siwon ah, you really need to have your ears fixed.” Yesung said, hauling himself up from the floor.

Kyuhyun also emerged from his room, looking like he didn’t sleep last night.

“what happened to you??” asked Donghae.

“I lost in a game, I needed revenge so I stayed up.” Said kyuhyun, rubbing his eyes. “wookie hyung, need food please!”

“coming!” said ryeowook. He placed a bowl of crispy rice cake on the living room table.

“help yourself, bossy kyu.” Ryeowook said.

saranghae , hyung!.” Said kyuhyun, making a heart sign. Ryeowook winked and returned to the kitchen.

“heechul    hyung, enhyuk hyung, shindong hyung, there’s food, come here in an instant!” the evil maknae ordered. Two figures immediately popped out from their respective rooms, with shindong racing himself to the table. SJ’s dancing macine nearly collapsed from being accidentally pushed away.

“yah, easy!” eunhyuk called out, rubbing his shoulder.

Heechul stared at kyuhyun.

aish, you really are a nosy boss, aren’t you?” he told him, feeding himself with food.

“what happened to your face hyung?” asked siwon, pointing to heechul’s red face.

“i went to see my dermatologist yesterday. She had it peeled.” Heechul answered.

“no wonder heebum does not want to get near you.” Eunhyuk interjected. Heebum was Heechul’s famous grey colored cat.

thick skinned heebum.” Donghae sang.

Suddenly a noise from outside the dorm sounded like someone was opening the door.

annyeong.” Greeted leeteuk, poking his head to see how many members were at home.

“you got thrown out of your house?” heechul asked.

“it looks like that?oh no.” leeteuk said, removing his shoes. “kahi said she needed to have some bonding time with herself.”

Leeteuk sat on the floor, joining s.

“smells food.” He sniffed. The atmosphere made him to really feel he was home.

“where’s inyoung noona?” asked Ryeowook. He and Sungmin placed another batch of food to suju’s mini table much to the members’ delight.

“I drove her to the station. She’s going to have a rehearsal for the play she’s in.” Leeteuk said.

“I kinda miss her stories.” Sungmin pouted.

“you can call her.” leeteuk offered.

Eunhyuk threw a CD to leeteuk’s lap.

“what’s this?” leeteuk asked, pointing to the CD.

“dance mixes, shindong and I got them choreographed.” Eunhyuk said while chewing.

“oh no, don’t make me dance awkwardly again or my bionic leg will collapse.” Heechul said, rolling his eyes.

“there’s a part made specially for you.” Shindong said.

“I’ll hear this later.” Leeteuk said, placing the cd under the table. He looked at the direction of the rooms and turned to ryeowook.

“I guess my stuff was untouched since you have it all cleaned everyday?” he smiled at the maknae.

ne.” ryeowook answered. “it gets tiring having to drove heechul hyung’s cats everyday who kept mistakening our white room for a toilet.”

“put them in the cage.” Leeteuk ordered heechul, who responded by sticking out his tongue. “just kidding.” He added.

Kyuhyun leaned his head to the leader’s shoulder upon playing with his food.

“someone misses his eomma.” Shindong sang while looking at the two.

“youre just jealous.” The evil maknae remarked, rubbing his cheek to leeteuk’s shoulder.

“isn’t chullie your eomma for the moment while im gone?” leeteuk smiled at his gesture.

“he only takes care of himself.” Kyuhyun pouted.

“yah, with so many boys around here, being eomma can be quite exhausting!” heechul blurted which made Siwon laugh. “and besides that evil son of yours orders everyone around like slaves, the younger you are, the bossier you can get.”

“that’s quite true.” Leeteuk laughed, making the youngest member cross his arm.

“so you agree with heechul hyung.” Kyuhyun snapped, pouting again.

“you need to pay respect to your hyungs, kyu.” Leeteuk told the leaning maknae. “but I guess being bossy wouldn’t be that bad. Its kinda cute.”

“weee.” Kyuhyun exclaimed, kissing the leader on the cheek.

“eeks, I need to barf.” Heechul responded upon seeing the grin on leeteuk’s face.

----------------------------------

 

Taeyeon’s POV

“are you sure we can get in?” I asked Yoona. My tall snsd member was busy twirling her hair as she took a peek on the door knob. Yoona flashed me a smile I cannot even recognize. Was it a cunning smile or a childish smile?

I don’t know why we are standing infront of suju’s dorm at the first place. I have eight girls with me, in short, a complete SNSD group. All of them bugging me to visit the oppas’ dorm. I asked them why, even telling them that we could have lunch elsewhere. But sooyoung and sunny in particular, wanted to pay their visit. They keep on mentioning ryeowook oppa’s cooking all the time.

But really, wookie oppa is really good at preparing food.

I looked at Tiffany who was busy looking at the door.

“are you sure we can get in?” I ask again.

“maybe. No one’s watching.” She smiled sheepishly.

I noticed that she was holding a pink thick book.

“are you going to have bible studies with siwon oppa again??” I asked her.

Tiffany nodded. “ne. its nice reading one.”

Hyoyeon pushed me aside to knock the door.

“sorry, gotta knock.” She said.

Knock knock.

It sounded like voices inside were alarmed of visitors. I heard shindong oppa’s booming voice mentioning something. They must have thought we were managers. Seriously, the boys got a lot of managers and we could pass for one. Suddenly, I heard a pair of feet running to open the door.

I was surprised that he was the one meeting us.

“yay! Youre here!” yoona gasped, giving him a hug.

“I’m surprised.” Leeteuk smiled. He was probably amazed that we were all complete.

“why all of a sudden?” he asked. I noticed that he was wearing a white shirt again with accompanying grey jacket and white pants. The white syndrome.

“were going to have lunch!” sunny said excitedly.

booya?since when?” eunhyuk asked, going to our direction.

“since now.” Hyoyeon replied, poking him with her bare fist.

I looked at leeteuk oppa and noticed that he was smiling at me.

“come inside.” He offered. “guys, the girls are here!”

The place really smelled nice. It smelled of various kind of Korean authentic dishes. I removed my shoes, baring my socks and hastily went inside, tugging shy seohyun by the arm. I hope we don’t get caught by the managers. I guess SJ is not going to do any activity today. I really hope they’re having free time.

All the boys greeted us warmly. Even heechul oppa, who was in his usual moody look, even directed us to sit. Donghae oppa, the real gentleman, offered us plates and chopsticks. It really is nice having to have lunch with a big group, it gets noisier but the homey atmosphere is there.

Wookie oppa served us his food. We found out that Sungmin oppa helped with the cooking. I’m kind of shy with this kind of set up at the first try, but hey, who knows, im the dorky taeyeon who laughs like a guy and acts like one.

“hey, eat more.” Kyuhyun served a heap of rice to seohyun’s plate. My maknae was just nodding and smiling. She was still shy.

“listen to this cd.” Eunhyuk told hyoyeon.

“you made this one?” she asked.

ne.” eunhyuk said.

“I thought I’ll be the one listening first?” leeteuk oppa asked.

“later.” Eunhyuk ordered.

“this food is the best!” sooyoung exclaimed. Ryewook happily served her more food.

I looked around the place. They were really honest that the place was being cleaned everyday. No dusty furnitures. Just a mound of awards at the corner, a big plasma tv, pictures of Super Junior members, a rug, cat cages outside the sliding door and a mini table at the living room.

oppa, youre supposed to be on a couple house right?” yuri suddenly asked leeteuk.

Oppa, who was busy playing with his food (it was so childish!), looked up.

“he  got dumped.” Heechul answered for him. Leeteuk eyed him, bewildered.

“really?” Jessica asked.

“nope, long story.” Leeteuk smiled.

If Kahi told on national tv that he liked leeteuk    oppa, then why is oppa at the boys dormitory? Weird huh? Did oppa had a fight with her or something?

“to cut it short, Kahi needed to have time for herself.” Donghae blurted.

Its so funny how suju members respond to one another’s story. So that was the reason.

“I’m sleepy.” Yesung yawned. I laughed. Kangin used to mention Yesung’s randomness about some stuff.

“yah, you cant sleep.” Yuri muttered.

“why?” shindong asked.

“cos were going to stay here for a while!” sunny said excitedly.

I noticed the oppas looking at each other in disbelief.  I was shocked too.

I cleared my throat. “hey, I thought were only going to have lun--- “

“unni, please!” yoona pleaded.

“no.” I firmly said.

“do you mean that were going to take care of nine girls for today?” siwon asked. He looked like he was dreaming.

“cant we?” tiffany asked him.  Tiffany sounded really girly while mentioning the statement.

“were going home after this.” I told the girls.

unni!” all the girls said, except for seohyun who just kept looking at her food and Jessica who doesn’t have any single reaction.

“no problem, you can stay.” Leeteuk told them. He looked at me and smiled. “its fine, Taeng.”

“thanks oppa, youre the best!” happy tiffany said, giving him two thumbs up.

----------------------------

Leeteuk’s POV

Taking care of nine boys and nine girls. That is a total of eighteen people playing around the dorm. One caretaker of them all (that is me). Could things get any more hilarious and complicated?kekeke. so its true that the girls are staying for a while since they had their lunch with us. truthfully, it’s a total chaos. I would hear them scream, running around like children, throwing things at each other, etc. heechul would really shout at the top of his lungs while sooyoung did the same. Wookie and sungmin went in and out of the kitchen just to prepare snacks, emergency grocery included with sunny. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon would really promote new dance routines where everybody followed, with yesung and yuri dancing with the pet turtles. I was laughing when Kyu introduced Seohyun the game he was playing, it really seem that Seohyun was interested because Kyu was using a frog as his avatar.  Jessica kept on bugging heechul’s closet. Hee does really a have a lot of clothes. Yoona and donghae? Theyre like a pair of pre schoolers chasing each other. And im not surprised at Siwon and Tiffany who just sat in the corner talking about the bible. Shindong ah, I pity him so much, he misses his girlfriend terribly. But since there is a lot of food, it would distract him for a while.

 

And my pretty juhmmataeng (taeyeon)? She was always curious with things around the dorm. She would ask any stuff around, even the type of furnitures we are using. She really looked cute, with those goggling eyes staring at every material she touches. She would pace around the dorm, like a typical old observer. My girl is such an ahjumma. I love her for that.

 

And what am I doing? I like to have a peace of silence for awhile, that’s why I stayed in my room. Its not actually a solo room, I share it with ryeowook. I’ve been goofing around all day, playing with my dongsaengs. and my body really aches, especially at the back. So a piece of silence would be nice. Am I reaching the old age already? Gah.. it was probably due to my back stitches several years ago when I had my accident. It really hurts a lot. But hey, super junior needs to have nice performances every now and then.

 

I lay on the bed, stretching my back. Ouch. I tumbled over, facing my pillow. Much better.

“yah.”

Am I hearing something? I tumbled over again to see taeyeon already inside the room.

“youre not outside, why?” she asked, sitting on the far edge of the bed.

“back pain” I told her.

“getting old huh?” she teased as she smoothen the crease of the bed sheets. My typical taengoo.

“maybe.” I smiled. I sat to give her more space.

“nice room.” She commented. Usually a white room bores a lot of people, but she liked it.

“really?” I asked. She nodded, and began scanning the room.

“you know what, its actually fun here.” She said, smiling.

God, I missed that smile.

“but its really chaotic. So its nice having a quiet setting for a while.” She added.

“so do i.” I said, nodding.

Taeyeon looked at the lava lamp at my table. Her eyes really sparkled just by watching it.

Then she looked at me and laughed.

“youre whiteness really matched the atmosphere here.” She teased.

I looked at my clothes, I noticed that I was wearing all white, spared by my grey jacket that I left outside.

“youre in heaven.” I answered, playing with my hair.

“so im speaking to an angel, huh?” she smiled again.

“yeah, but he’s a fallen angel.” I said, referring to myself.

I cringed and touched my back.

“are you okay?” she asked me.

“im fine.” I lied, laughing. The last time I had back pain was when we were having rehearsals and I really had to see the doctor to check my back.

I reached out to my drawer to fumble my ointment.

“im really getting old huh?” I asked while applying the cream at my back. Somehow, the coldness of the ointment soothes the pain.

Taeyeon snatched the cream from my hand.

“you have back pain too?” I asked her.

“as if.” She said, rolling her eyes. She patted the place next to her.

“sit here.” She ordered me.

“im fine, I can do it.” I said, somewhat awkward at her gesture.

Taeyeon shook her head. “silly, you wont get cured just by applying that cream alone.” She stressed.

“hey, its embarrassing.” I laughed.

“youre exposing your upper back in bonamana, exposing your torso at every performance to a huge number of people and you call this embarrassing?” she laughed too, poking my chest. “your back please.”

“no.” I smiled. “im fine.”

“back please.” She ordered gain.

I shook my head and tried to steal the cream. She refused.

“yah, park Jungsu!”

“hey, youre not using honorifics!” I gasped.

“what, youre gonna sue me?” she teased, pinching my cheek. “back please.”

I smiled and sighed, turning my back to her.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

Oppa has a weird back. I cant count the number of stitches on it. but the news said that its like 170? This guy had too much to endure and he’s not even commenting on every back pain he has. Poor guy.

“ugly huh?” he asked me, referring to the stitches.

I applied three small amounts of cream lateral to his spine before I answered.

“it’s a mark that you lived.” I commented. “nice back.”

“liar.” Leeteuk laughed.

I smiled and placed more cream.

“here?” I asked, referring to the pained area.

Leeteuk slightly jolted. “how did you know?”

“I know a bump when I feel one.” I replied while massaging.

“they say put some pressure on the pained area so that veins will dilate and blood circulation will improve.” I told oppa, I ran my fingers to his , applying pressure.

“you should quit singing.” Leeteuk oppa mentioned.

“huh?”

“you should have your own massage parlor instead.” He commented.

I laughed and slightly punched his back.

“is that a praise or what?” I said.

I stared at his back and blinked. Even with stitches, I realized that oppa’s back is quite nice. God must have spent more time creating this guy.

“thankyou.” He muttered as I continue placing more cream.

“youre welcome.” I replied. “isn’t kahi unni doing this to you?” I suddenly asked.

“I don’t tell people Im having pains.” Leeteuk confessed.

babo.” I told him. “but hey she must have known if youre having pains or what.”

“how will she know if im not telling her?” leeteuk laughed.

“cant she feel it?” I asked. “usually a girl feels when someone they like is in pain.”

“its fine, really.” Leeteuk said.

“yah, people should be really taking care of you. Not you alone on them.” I muttered, applying more pressure to his pained area. Truthfully, oppa must know that fact. He takes care of others without having someone to take care of himself.

“that’s sweet of you for noticing that.” He told me.

I closed the cream with its cover and gently pulled down his shirt.

Oppa began to face sideways, making me see the satisfied expression on his face.

“better?” I asked, rubbing his back.

“better.” He smiled.

------------------------------

Leeteuk’s POV

Snsd stayed even at dinner time. Usually on dinner, more food is served, greater than lunch. The living room has turned chaotic, snacks are everywhere. But sungmin and ryeowook’s facial expressions were unusually happy, probably due to a lot of praises from the girls. Honestly, I really had a great time even with a backpain. Thanks to Taengoo’s healing hands. Noona is right for knowing someone who can really take care of me.

 

Heechul, the usual heavy drinker bought a lot of soju.

“a day cant be called a day without a drink.” He told me as I shook my head in disbelief.

“yah, suppose they get drunk?” I asked. “their managers will get their hands on us.”

“aish, even girls have drinks.” Heechul spat.

“fill the cups please!” I heard hyoyeon. Oh no, I think they knew what heechul bought.

“new brand?” taeyeon asked as heechul and I took a seat.

ne.” heechul answered, serving her. “its quite strong.”

Taeyeon sniffed the cup and drank the contents.

“this is jjang! Can I have more?” she asked giddily.

“not too much.” I told her.

“yah ahjusshi, let them have fun.” Shindong said, referring to my statement.

“yeah, lets have fun.” Taengoo agreed much to my surprise.

“the effect is getting on you.” I laughed, as heechul gave her more.

 

We played a game, its when you made a mistake, you slap one’s arm by using two fingers. Donghae kept on making the same mistake, resulting to red patches on his skin. We played truth or dare too. I kept watching on taengoo cos she’s drinking an amount of alcohol lately. Fortunately she’s still on her senses.

And the bottle was on her.

“truth or dare!” eunhyuk called.

“dare.” Taeyeon said.

“if you cant do the dare, you’ll get a punishment.” Shindong said.

“what’s the punishment?” taeyeon asked.

Heechul turned to me. “you give the punishment.”

“me?” I laughed.

“what’s the punishment?” taeyeon asked.

I thought for a moment.

go out with me.” I smiled. I laughed when everybody cheered.

Taeyeon was laughing too.

“give the dare.” She ordered.

“no, im making the dare.” Heechul said. He looked at the ceiling as if getting some hints.

“ah, the dare is you have to shout to a passerby outside that he is old and you have to do the gee dance.”

“that’s easy.” Taeyeon said. She got up and pulled the glass door in the living room to the balcony.

We waited. Taeyeon kept on looking outside to spot a male passerby.

“I keep on seeing ahjummas!” she called.

“haha!” eunhyuk laughed.

“maybe youre going to have your punishment!” sunny teased.

Two minutes already passed. Five minutes. Taeyeon was already sniffing from cold.

“she’s getting cold already.” I told heechul, worried.

“yah taengoo times up!” heechul shouted.

Taeyeon closed the glass door and laughed.

“Im having the punishment.” She blurted.

--------------------

11 pm

Taeyeon’s POV

Im seeing a lot of stars lately. Am I in heaven? But heaven cant be full of people right?people wearing casual attires and holding beer. This is not heaven. So if this is not the place, is it hell? It cant be hell either, cos its supposed to be hot. Oh wait, I think its heaven cos there’s a white creature leaning next to me. I think he’s my guardian angel. Hahaha. So bright.

 

Leeteuk’s POV

Taeyeon collapsed on the floor after drinking the last bottle of soju.

“taengoo? Taengoo? Can you hear me?” I asked, gently patting taeyeon on the cheek. It was already eleven in the evening, and she just had seven sojus drank straight in a row which would awfully make her dizzy.

“are you st. Michael or st Gabriel?” taeyeon asked me, smiling.

“huh? Minnie ah, can I have water please.” I told sungmin.

ne, hyung.” He said and got up.

I turned to see the guys and the girls.

Heechul laughed while taking a video of everyone in the room.

“heechul,  stop.” I said as he focused on taking a shot of taeyeon.

“aish, im not going to post it anyway.” He babbled.

“you shouldn’t be.” I told him as I retrieved sungmin’s water. “cos im going to  rip your camera if you do. taeng? Can you hear me? Drink this.”

It took a while before taeyeon realized that im giving her a drink.

“ahaha, another soju.” She said, while taking a sip.

Her reaction made me smile.

“heechul, im really going to kill you for this.” I laughed, as taeyeon slowly drifted herself to sleep. I cradled her to my lap to avoid hitting her head on the floor.

“don’t worry, I’ll drive them home.” Heenim offered.

------------------------------------

Taeyeon’s POV

I woke up. My head really hurts, double time. I remembered drinking heavily last night. Oh no, im with the oppas last night, where am I now? I scanned the place around me. Im inside my room with sunny, who’s already fixing her bed. I got up, aish, head really throbs. Maybe I need to drink water.

“goodmorning.” Sunny greeted me.

“how did we get home?” I asked as I headed to fix my blanket.

“heechul and leeteuk oppa drove us all home.” She said. “it took them two cars because were too many.”

I nodded. So that was what happened last night.

“am I the one who’s only drunk?” I asked sunny.

The smiling snsd member laughed. “seohyun too.” She said while taking a seat beside me. “we let a minor drink too much, kekeke.”

I nodded again and suddenly went to look at what im wearing. I noticed that I have a grey jacket on.

And I also noticed that it doesn’t belong to me.

Rrrring riing!

“hello?” I said through the phone.

“goodmorning. did you have a good sleep?”

Familiar voice. Wait a minute… Oh.. leeteuk oppa!

ne.” I answered hastily. Leeteuk oppa calling in the morning? Why?

“get dressed, taeng.” He said.

“huh?” I asked.

I heard oppa laughing at the end of the receiver. “youre doing your punishment today with me right?” he said. I detailed the events that happened last night.

“oh yeah, that one.” I remembered.

“yeah, that one.” He laughed.

“I’ll be ready in an hour.” I said. “sorry for the tardiness.”

“its okay.” Leeteuk said. “return my jacket too, ne? I’ll be waiting.”