CHAPTER 25

A dorky Heart

“suppose he would wake up?”

“If you will wake him.” Ryeowook said.

Taeyeon nodded and watched as the sj’s second maknae closed the door.

He was gone.

She stared at leeteuk. He really looked peaceful in his sleep. Part of his face was covered with the pillow he was slumping at but she could see the contours of his nose, creasing the sheet.

“babe, are you still sleepy?” taeyeon leaned closer to her beau. Leeteuk only stirred a little.

She pitied him so much for getting sick.

“wake up.” She said, brushing the bangs off his face.

Taeyeon slipped off her slippers and slowly dashed to leeteuk’s bedside. She rested her chin on his shoulder and watched as leeteuk make deep breaths of his own.

 Taeyeon inhaled his breath, slumping her nose to his cheek.

“smells good.”

Leeteuk stirred his face until his nose almost touched the tip of hers.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, partly surprised that taeyeon was there.

“taeng?” he couldn’t believe that she was just beside him.

“wookie oppa called me, said you didn’t take your breakfast and lunch so I came over. Goodmorning.” Taeyeon smiled.

Leeteuk smiled too.

“sorry, my head really hurts.” He said wincing. “goodmorning.”

“how are you, are you okay?” taeyeon asked.

“I’m okay, just dizzy and I think I have colds.” Leeteuk moved his face opposite her direction.

Taeyeon noticed his action.

“why?”

“you might catch a cold, you better stay away from my face.” leeteuk laughed.

“who told you that?” taeyeon pouted.

“science.” Leeteuk smiled. “you like science right?”

“aww… science can’t stop this.” Taeyeon said, kissing him.

aish, hon…” leeteuk bit his lip. “you might get germs from me.”

“its okay, I’m used to that.” she said teasingly.

Leeteuk extended his arm to envelop taeyeon’s small frame.

“my baby’s still stubborn.” He concluded, patting her back.

“haha.. what do you want to eat?”

Leeteuk thought for a minute.

“you want me to cook?” he asked, her hair.

“do you know how?”

taeyeon knew that leeteuk can only cook noodles.

“um, noodles?”

“ryeowook prepared you one already. You want me to get it?”

“okay.”

Leeteuk watched as taeyeon exited the area. He stood up, massaging the temples of his head. He couldn’t believe that he got so sick easily when he and taeyeon had misunderstanding. His girlfriend that moment forgot to return his shirt.

Taeyeon entered the room with a wooden tray and steamed hot noodles.

“you got to eat, you need to drink your medicine.” Taeyeon showed leeteuk a plastic of medicinal drugs.

“wow… that’s a lot.”

Taeyeon threw the medicine at his chest.

“serves you for getting sick so easily.” She said.

Leeteuk opened the lid of his cooked ramen.

“you want?” he offered taeyeon.

“nope.”

“dieting?” leeteuk kidded.

“as if.” Taeyeon jumped again and sat next to him on the bed.

Leeteuk took a sip when taeyeon suddenly inched her face closer to his.

“I’m just wondering.”

“wondering what?” he asked, surprised.

“did you know something about kyu and seo?” she poked his arm.

Leeteuk smiled.

“yes.” He said, taking another sip.”I knew everything.”

“hmmm.” Taeyeon crossed her arms.

“what’s the problem, hon?”

“well, I’m just wondering because we started this thing, dating co-family idols, what if it influenced people other than kyu?”

 taeyeon knew that ever since she and leeteuk started dating, her girls would always envy her actions. Her girls would always ask questions how it feels like to date a co-celebrity.

“you mean influence my boys?” leeteuk referred to suju.

“yeah.”

“honestly…” leeteuk put the spoon on his face while contemplating. “the boys imagine a lot of things about dating your girls.”

mwo??” taeyeon was in shock.

“why?”

“my girls too!” taeyeon laughed.

Leeteuk shook his head in disbelief.

“sooman sunbaenim would really be in shock if he finds this out.” He smiled.

“ne.” taeyeon crossed her legs in an Indian sit position. “what if it really comes true?”

“the dating thing you mean.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“will it be fine to you?” leeteuk asked.

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon leaned her head. “but I always like to imagine how will those things turn out.”

Leeteuk laughed.

“what do you think of seo and kyu?”

“well.” Taeyeon bit her lip. “ I imagine them like this…..”

 

“seo, I don’t think this will look good on me.” Kyuhyun cannot believe how seohyun made her wear a ridiculous frog head gear.

“oppa, it looks good on you, look!” said seohyun.

Kyuhyun stared at the wooden mirror and gasped at his image being flashed as his reflection.

“you look like a modern man keroro!” seohyun clapped her hands in glee.

“aww… seo…”

“oppa, try this one too, ne?” seohyun handed another zebra head gear.

“seo.” Kyuhyun removed his head gear and placed the frog gently on her palm. “you know I don’t like doing this kind of stuff.”

“I understand.” Seohyun said. she placed the head gear on the basket.

Kyuhyun looked at her in pity.

“youre disappointed.”

“im not.” Seohyun smiled, looking at the other head gears.

“are you sure?”

“if oppa doesn’t like it, so does seo.” She said.

“aww..”

Kyuhyun took the head gear again and placed the green thing on his head.

“do I look cute?” he flashed a smile which made seohyun laugh.

“ne, ne!” seohyun clapped her hands again. “can I take your picture?”

“you take a picture with me.” Kyuhyun said, putting an arm around her.

 

“I imagined them like that too!” leeteuk said when taeyeon finished her story. He almost finished 1/3 of his ramen when taeyeon kept telling him about her thoughts on seokyu.

ne, ne, its gonna be like that, right?” taeyeon agreed. “seo is such a baby, I think it’ll take time before she really grows into a mature woman. She still likes cute stuff.”

“my baby likes cute stuff too.” Leeteuk blinked.

ne, but taeyeon is mature like park jungsu.” Taeyeon said.

Leeteuk smiled.

“how about our dancing machines, have you had thoughts about them? They’re pretty close.”

ne, I always imagine the two of them since they have similarities.” Taeyeon agreed. “what do you think about them?”

Leeteuk cleared his throat and stared at the ceiling.

“probably this one…”

 

“asia’s anchovy huh?” hyoyeon smirked. She and eunhyuk were inside the sukira radio show, where eunhyuk is a DJ. Apparently, eunhyuk was showing her the anchovy pen he received from a fan.

“I think that name got stuck on me for too long.” Said eunhyuk, pouting. “they still think im the skinny eunhyuk with dangling arms and long legs.”

Hyoyeon looked at him from head to foot.

“eyes are like anchovies.” She confessed. “but the arms got pretty big.”

“good thing you’ve noticed.” Eunhyuk said, flexing his biceps.

“its now eunhyuk the muscular anchovy.” Hyoyeon concluded.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

“I can’t believe you’re like the boys.” He said, poking her head with the pen.

“well you gotta be thankful that it gave you a huge fan base.” Hyoyeon said. “honestly its kinda cute.”

“you think so?”

“well, who’s the idol in korea you know who has the same name as yours?” hyoyeon asked.

“no one.” Eunhyuk said.                             

“see.”

“muscular anchovy then.” Eunhyuk said, flashing his gummy smile.

 

“hyoyeon the tattle tale and eunhyuk the gullible.” Taeyeon watched the ceiling where leeteuk was currently looking.

“fits them right, huh?” leeteuk smiled. He suddenly coughed so loud that he almost felt that his throat would explode.

yah, are you okay?”

“I’m okay.” Leeteuk assured her. he went to drink the plastic bottle of water that ryeowook left on his bed side table.

aish, ahjussi…” taeyeon said, patting his back. Leeteuk coughed again and felt relief after.

“thank you.”

“effects of aging.” Taeyeon mocked.

“you’ll age too.” He said.

“yeah, by that time we’ll be married.” Taeyeon said in such air that he laughed.

“are you even sure that I’ll get married to you?”

“of course you will.” Taeyeon said. “I’m like the best girl there is.”

“I agree on that.” leeteuk said, making her smile.

“you always agree to anything I say.” Taeyeon said.

“of course I do, I support you.”

Taeyeon kissed him on the cheek.

“so if you have these kind of traits, maybe sunsun has this too?” she asked.

“hmmm….” Leeteuk bit his lip. “tell me all about it.”

 

“do you know the barney song?” sunny asked sungmin.

Sungmin was busily playing with his Nintendo lite when sunny asked him a very weird question.

“I know that one.” He said. “why ask?”

“its cute.” Sunny gushed.

“like me?”

“ne.” she nodded. “you’re like barney.”

“huh?” sungmin pouted. “he’s a big dinosaur, im like small and fragile looking and---“

“well you’re both cute.” Sunny said. “and you both know how to sing.”

“hey.” Sungmin said. “I know that I sing, but barney? You’re comparing me to a dinosaur?”

Sunny smiled.

“aren’t you and barney loveable?” she said, doing an aegyo.

“stop that, youre making me agree on you.” Sungmin said, pinching her cheek.

“so barney now, huh?’ sunny said.

“well, if you say that, then I’m comparing you to a witch.”

“a witch??” sunny stood up, putting her hands at her hips.

“cos you both laugh so cute, am I making sense?” the pumpkin prince held her hand. “sit down please.”

“no way youre going to compare me to a witch.” Sunny said, making a face.

“I’m just kidding.” Sungmin smiled. “youre better looking than a witch.”

“really?” sunny asked.

“really.” Sungmin assured him. “youre the best, sun.”

“youre the best too Minnie oppa.” Sunny said, making a heart sign.

 

“too much aegyeo?” leeteuk laughed. “I guess that will be their trademark.”

“I can’t imagine us with them.” Taeyeon shook her head In disbelief. “it will really look like we’re both the ahjumma and the ahjussi.”

“I like being the ahjussi, how about you?”

“hmm..” taeyeon rested her hand on his thigh, thinking. “ I like being an ahjumma too, I guess we’re really destined.”

Taeyeon laughed so loud that she covered to stop her from being too boyish.

“why cover your mouth, I like you laughing like that.” said leeteuk.

“haha… okay then.”

“so…” leeteuk placed his ramen on the bed side table. “since we’re talking about your girls and my boys, lets discuss who is the best couple.”

Taeyeon smirked.

“best couple?”

“who do you have in mind yet?”

“I still think we need to have more couples to imagine.” Said taeyeon.

“heesica?” asked leeteuk.

  Taeyeon looked at him as if seeing a very bright light bulb in front of her  face.

“oh, I know the perfect story for that!” she said, clearing .

 

“I don’t think you’ re really mimicking lady gaga.”

“huh?” heechul looked at Jessica, bewildered.

“I think you’re mimicking me.”

“aish, who are you to talk like that?” heechul laughed, poking her head.

“its true, just admit it.” Jessica said. she spotted heebum inside the living room and started chasing the cat.

Heebum screamed once he saw Jessica.

“yah, why are you like that??” Jessica retorted.

“she’s shy to girls.” Heechul said. “heebum, come here!”

Heebum raised his tail and darted towards the sliding door.

“aish.” Jessica rolled her eyes and sat on the floor. She saw heechul laughing uncontrollably.

“why are you laughing?”

“I just noticed that you’re like my cat.” Heechul said, referring to heebum.

“huh?”

“heebum is very keen to people he doesn’t get along very well or he rarely sees.” Heechul said. “its just like you when you’re around people you don’t know.”

“then me and heebum should really get along well.” Jessica said. “wait a minute…”

“what?” heechul blinked.

“heebum is like you too.” Jessica said.

“I know right?” heechul smirked, crossing his legs. “that’s why we fit together.”

 

“that couple’s gonna explode too. They have so many similarities.” Leeteuk commented. “both like fashion, both are silent during interviews, but once they talk they look like they have the sharpest tongue.”

Taeyeon nodded and suddenly smiled.

“I want to see how you imagine yoona and donghae.” She said.

“yoonhae?” leeteuk scratched his head. “isn’t  yoonhae an item already?”

yah, I thought they’re just bestfriends!” taeyeon exclaimed.

“just kidding.” Leeteuk leaned his back on his pillow. “yoonhae’s going to explode too once you see how I imagine them.”

 

“yoona!”

“yes, hae?” yoona emerged from the kitchen, wearing her apron.

“why are you cooking, I’m supposed to cook!” donghae pouted, tugging her apron.

Yoona smiled.

“it’s the girl who cooks, the guy just sits.” She explained.

“guys should serve girls.” Donghae said. he noticed that yoona suddenly opened her cellphone.

“who’s that?”

“just someone.” Yoona sang, making a face.

“aish, who is that?” donghae asked.

“yah oppa, why jealous already?” yoona teased, putting the phone back to her pocket.

“you should only be texting and talking to me.”

“mwo?” yoona did her boyish laugh and started poking donghae with her finger. “so if its taeyeon unni or leeteuk oppa, you won’t allow them to talk to me?”

“yoona only talks to donghae.” Donghae said. “plus teukie hyung already has taeyeon.”

“aish, that’s too possessive oppa.” Yoona said, pinching his cheek.

 

“are you possessive like donghae oppa?” taeyeon suddenly wondered as she rested her head on leeteuk’s shoulder.

“at first.” Leeteuk confessed. “but since I’ve already been in few relationships, maybe lesser.”

Taeyeon looked at him and blinked.

“I am really possessive.” She said flatly.

“really?” leeteuk laughed. “how many percent?”

“100% I think.” Taeyeon said sheepishly.

aish, hon, I won’t be looking at someone else.” He assured her.

“I know.” Taeyeon said, playing with his hand. “but its my first time being in a relationship so I guess I’m pretty young with these stuff.”

Leeteuk kissed the side of her head.

“don’t worry, I’ll help you.”

“thanks.” Said taeyeon. “how about siwon and tiffany?”

“siwon and tiffany?”

“can you make a story for them?” taeyeon asked.

Leeteuk pointed his feet.

“the religious lovers.” He smiled, thinking aloud.

 

“I have a present for you.” Siwon said.

He just met up with tiffany at a local café in busan. Tiffany just finished having her taping at sm entertainment while siwon was out in a break from his acting workshop.

“can I open it?” tiffany was so giddy that she kept clapping her hands in excitement.

“go on.”

Tiffany bit her lip as she open the pink colored box. What would siwon give her? her boyfriend always love to surprise.

Is it a dress? Too small for a box. A hat? Nope she doesn’t like wearing a hat, Jessica does.

Tiffany gaped at the sight of the gift she saw.

“a jesus mary lamp!” she gushed. It was a lamp of the mary holding the child jesus.

Tiffany looked for a socket and started plugging the lamp.

It was a beautiful sight.

“amen.” Siwon said, bowing.

“thanks wonnie oppa.” Tiffany kissed his cheek.

 

“a jesus mary lamp?” taeyeon scratched her head.

“I saw a lamp at siwon’s just like that.” leeteuk blinked.

Taeyeon nodded and smiled.

“the religious couple, amen.” She said, making a sign of the cross.

mwo?” leeteuk looked at her in shock. “isn’t that--- “

“tiffany taught me how.” taeyeon cut him.

“hey.” Leeteuk pinched her nose. “there’s a couple called taeny right?”

“yeah, that’s me and tiffany. why ask?”
“should I imagine on that too?”

“no way!” taeyeon poked his head. “that’s only for girls.”

“aww.”

“why not imagine kangteuk instead!” taeyeon dared.

Leeteuk almost dropped the water he was holding.

“that’s for boys too.” He dared back.

Leeteuk faced taeyeon and stared at her for more than a second.

“what?”

“there’s kangyeon right?” he asked.

Taeyeon laughed again.

“don’t tell me you’re going to imagine that one too!”

“well.”leeteuk eased the crease of his shorts. “I’m just wondering how you will look like if kangin was your man.”

“should I tell you how it goes?”

“go ahead.” Leeteuk said.

 

“oppa, its just a slight misunderstanding, don’t dwell on it.” taeyeon comforted kangin.

The two were inside the radio station doing the radio show when kangin suddenly noticed that taeyeon was reading an anti snsd mail.

He was so angry that he kept on pounding the table with his fist.

Papers that were neatly piled up suddenly lost their balance and fell. The mic wires got more entangled and kangin almost hit the coffee he was holding.

“I swear if I see those people, I’ll scold them. They didn’t know my taengoo, they shouldn’t keep commenting like that.” he said as he took off the bonnet he was wearing.

“relax oppa, I will explain my side, don’t worry.”

“you always play the innocent, how will you defend yourself??” kangin asked, bewildered.

Taeyeon was silent.

“oppa, I’m okay.”

“you’re not okay, people are taking you for granted!” kangin raised his voice.

“its okay, don’t worry, I can help myself.” taeyeon said, rubbing his arm. She knew that kangin would at least comply to that gesture.

“I’m just not used to them hating my girl.” Kangin sighed.

 

“that’s it?” leeteuk asked. “that’s way too short.”

“I’m not yet done.” Taeyeon smiled. “how about you?”

“me?”

“I’m thinking how you would react if you face a situation like that.”

“hmm.” Leeteuk stared at the ceiling. “should I tell you?”

“nope, im planning to let you see how I imagine you react on it.” taeyeon replied.

Leeteuk smiled.

“go ahead, let me see how you view me.” He said, taking her hand.

 

“what are you looking at?”

“nothing.”

“let me see.” Leeteuk removed taeyeon’s hand that was covering the computer screen. The two were inside the radio show where leeteuk is a guest dj. Kangin was nowhere because of his military enlistment.

He noticed that taeyeon was reading a hate mail from anti snsd. He looked at taeyeon and noticed that her eyes were gleaming.

“are you okay?” he asked, gently.

“yeah” taeyeon said, rubbing her eyes.

“are you sure?”

“I’m trying to be fine with it.” taeyeon said. she knew that crying won’t solve a thing.

Leeteuk looked at the screen again and faced her afterwards.

“what do you think you should do?” he asked.

Taeyeon cringed her eyebrows.

“well, as the leader of your group, I know you would want to explain your side.” He said, reading her thoughts. “I think those issues will be cleared up. I know that those people do not know the real you and they don’t have the right to say it. but they really didn’t know, so I guess you should think of a way how to explain the issue to them.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“that is really mature.” She smiled.

“you want me to help you compose your message?” leeteuk offered.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“nope, I can help myself.” she said.

“okay then.” Leeteuk said. “tell me when you’re finished, okay?”

“araso.”

“and don’t dwell too much on those thoughts.” Leeteuk said, drying up her tears. “it does not deserve a beautiful face like yours.”

 

Leeteuk can only look as taeyeon finished her story.

“what?” taeyeon noticed that he was speechless.

“that’s really the way how I represent myself.” leeteuk said. “that’s a good observation.”

“even if I only know you for a few years.” Taeyeon remarked.

“yeah, even if I only existed in your life in a few years.”

Taeyeon poked his head again.

“make that really few years cos you’re a bit snob at the beginning.” She confessed.

Leeteuk was known to be a snob when he sees a person for the first time, particularly in the idol agency.

“I kept looking at you that time and you were really snob.” Taeyeon laughed. “imagine, six years gap plus snob, what more should I ask for? Good thing I became a leader or we won’t really have a proper interaction.”

yah, I’m only snob to guys.” Leeteuk blushed. “but hey, do I really look that bad?”

“looks can be deceiving.” Taeyeon concluded, kissing his cheek . “now you’re way better.”