CHAPTER 10

A dorky Heart

“ next episode in we got married: leeteuk’s  noona visits!

Park In Young, super junior leeteuk’s elder sister will be a guest to further investigate the skills of the couple in house chores and will partake her knowledge in life. Leeteuk’s noona is known for her hilarious antics and stints to movies and tv shows. What will be the fate of the we got married house with her around? Let’s find out in our next episode!”

 

Leeteuk couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“this is weird.”

“you know you do look kinda alike very much.” Kahi exclaimed after the camera wrapped up for the episode they were taping. Leeteuk sat himself in a spare chair, gaping.

Park Inyoung slap him in the back.

noona, what’s that for??” leeteuk asked, bewildered.

“you’ve been like that lately, I just want  to wake you up.” Park inyoung said, grinning. She paced to investigate the house, nodded her head in satisfaction and sat next to her brother.

“you have a nice home. Aish, feels like want to get married soon.” She sighed, leaning her head.

Leeteuk widened his eyes. “eomma won’t allow that yet.”

   eomma favors you more than me, ne?” In young laughed, poking his head. “you got a house, got married already---“

“I’m not yet married.” Leeteuk stressed, smiling.

“fine, its just a show.” Inyoung said. “I wish they could have pick me than you. You at this.”

“wow thank you.” Leeteuk replied, sarcastically. Then he laughed.

“you miss your noona huh?” in young winked. She turned to Kahi and looked at her from head to foot.

Kahi was embarrassed but bowed her head for respect.

“nice to meet you, unni.” She said.

“and you are?”

“Park Ji Young.” Said Kahi. “almost same like your name, unni.”

“its not the same.” In young said, which made leeteuk laugh in a high pitch voice. Kahi looked like she wanted to pinch him.

“what are you doing to my brother earlier?” in young asked.

Kahi remebered what she had done before she arrived  and lowered her head in embarrassment. “um, I just----“

“is my brother courting you?”

“no.” kahi said, awkwardly.

“so you’re quick.” In young commented.

Kahi didn’t know whether she should take the comment as a praise or as a warning. Leeteuk has a bit of a straightforward sister.

“Park Ji Young and Park Jungsu and Park In young in the house.” In young said, clapping her hands. She stood up and went to look for her bag.

“so where’s my room?” she asked.

“we only have one room.” Leeteuk said. “you can share with Kahi.”

Inyoung turned to him. “and where would you sleep?”

“I’ll sleep at the couch.” Leeteuk said.

“then I’ll sleep with you.” In young said. She looked at Kahi. “you wouldn’t mind right?”
ne, unni.” Kahi replied, still embarrassed.

“yah, jungsu. We have a lot to talk about.” In young said, giddily. She placed her arm around leeteuk’s and dragged him near the doorstep.

“where are we we going?” leeteuk asked.

“to the grocery.” In young said.

Leeteuk blinked. “but you just went to buy grocery.”

“I forgot to buy soap.” In young winked.

She looked at Kahi. “yah, ji young right? me and my brother will just spend time together, make sure you make dinner when we get home, araso?”

Kahi nodded. “ne, unni.”

-----------------------

“how long have you been inside that house?” park inyoung asked as he and leeteuk walked to a busy street in Kangnam. The suju leader has been staring at his sister for a long while now, amazed that she still looked the same in her national costume but more distinct to some people because of her recent appearances to movies.

“a couple of months, I guess.” Leeteuk replied, keeping up her pace.

“so you pretty much know that girl now?” she asked.

ne.” he agreed.

“hmm.. makes sense. how are your brothers?” she asked, referring to the suju members.

Leeteuk smiled. “busy with their own activities.” He said, as they enter a shop. “sungmin, shindong, donghae and siwon are actors now like you.”

“I’ve noticed. They are so good, right?”inyoung beamed.

Leeteuk’s sister dragged her brother to the women’s section.

Leeteuk’s face turned red.

“I think I’ll just wait near the counter.” He suggested, as inyoung grabbed some women clothing situated in a wooden box.

Inyoung pulled her brother by the tail of his shirt.

“jungsu ah, someday you’ll be in my position shopping for your future wife, ne?” inyoung grinned. “hold these stuff, I want to buy this one. Aish, behave!”

noona!”

“yah, I missed you so much, I’ll be sad if you stay away even for five minutes.” Inyoung said.

She turned to her bag and took out a small video camera.

“what’s that for?” leeteuk asked.

Inyoung smiled, positioning the camera to him.

“I’ll record you shopping with me for the show.” She insisted.

yah, noona!”

“for me, pls!” inyoung pleaded.

“are you going to do this the whole time?” leeteuk mouthed.

“oh, yes, its gonna be fun.” Inyoung beamed. “on record, one two three!”

Leeteuk sighed and pointed himself to the camera.

annyeong haseyo, eeteuk teukie teukie imnida.” Leeteuk said, looking at the lens. “I’m together with my very energetic noona, Park Inyoung.  Say hi noona.”

annyeong!” inyoung shouted, so loud that all customers in the shop halted just to look what the two are doing. “I’m super junior leeteuk’s most amazing sister in the world, Park inyoung. Nice to meet you all.”

ne. so what are we actually doing right now noona?” leeteuk asked in his mc voice.

“we’re shopping for women stuff!” inyoung shouted again, this time, raising her arms. Leeteuk’s eyes widened in surprise.

“my brother and I usually do this when he was young.” Inyoung continued as he she smoothen her hair infront of the camera. “we would follow around our    eomma shopping for women clothing. Jungsu is of course a little bit embarrassed about this, ne jungsu?”
leeteuk didn’t know what to say.

“actually, I’m still a bit right now.” He confessed, lowering his voice.

“ne. and here we are buying soap!” inyoung pointed for leeteuk to take a nice view of her selecting some soaps.

Leeteuk couldn’t believe what was happening.

“you are pretty much hyper about everything.” He gasped, after his sister turned the camera off. Leeteuk hold his heart, taking a seat near the counter. “woah, noona is so fast.”

“can’t be lazy when getting old.” Inyoung winked. “I miss snsd, lets go to their dorm, ne.”

noona!” leeteuk called after her sister, who immediately went to the entrance door. “you forgot to pay!”

“pay for me!” inyoung replied who was already outside. "you're rich!"

aish. How much kind lady?” leeteuk asked the cashier.

 

SNSD DORMITORY

 

noona, kahi already prepared food, we should go home.” Leeteuk whispered, tugging inyoung’s sleeves. He and his noona almost reached the floor where snsd currently reside.

“just a little while, okay?” inyoung pleaded. “I miss the girls.”

“then I’ll wait for you outside, guys aren’t allowed there.” Leeteuk said.

Inyoung slapped her brother in the back.

“ouch, noona!”

“of course youre allowed, youre with your noona.” She beamed, heading to the front door. “ne, we’ll just have to ring the bell.”

Inyoung laughed. “oh, I’ll just have to use my voice instead.”

noona’s here! Pls open!” she called in her booming voice.

Leeteuk heard thunder of footsteps immediately anticipating to open the door. Who could that be, such a strong pair of feet.

It was taeyeon, already in her home wear.

unni!” taeyeon shrieked.

“ah, little taengoo, how are you?” inyoung bowed. Taeyeon was quick to embrace her, as if seeing a lost sister for the very first time.

“gosh, I missed you, how are you?” taeyeon asked as she and inyoung entered the dormitory. Leeteuk took a peek inside the dorm, embarrassed. Just as what he had remembered, the place smells nice.

noona, im staying outside.” He called.

“no come inside.” Inyoung replied. “its okay with you right taengoo?”

Taeyeon nodded. “ne, oppa. Come here.”

Leeteuk sighed, left his shoes and entered.

“where are the others?’ inyoung asked, scanning the whole place.

“oh, hyo, seohyun and me only. The others had their activities.” Taeyeon replied, clearing the table on the living room. “do you want some drink, unni?”

Inyoung thought for a minute. “a cup of hot tea would be very nice.”

   araso, yah, hyo!” taeyeon called, turning her head towards the kitchen. “unni, wants some tea!”

“coming right up!” hyoyeon retorted.

Inyoung clapped her hands to taeyeon, pleased. “kamsamnida taengoo! you are the best.”

“anything for my unni.” Taeyeon winked.

Leeteuk smiled. He could already smell that the girls were preparing dinner.

Seohyun emerged from her room, waving at their direction. Leeteuk could see that she was holding the teddy bear he gave for taeyeon.

He didn’t know how taeyeon reacted upon seeing his gift. He wanted to know, only that he was hesitant to speak in front of his sister.

“you have a very cute bear!” inyoung goggled at Pupu’s smiling face.

“its taeyeon unni’s. leeteuk oppa gave it to her.” Seohyun commented.

Leeteuk could feel his self shrinking. Its as if the people around him looked bigger.

“that’s yours taeyeon?”inyoung asked, surprised.

Taeyeon nodded sheepishly. “ne, unni.” She replied, faking a smile. She didn’t know how to react on the situation.

Inyoung laughed. “hah!” she exclaimed. “my dear jungsu likes you!”

Seohyun clasped her hand to her face, trying to hold beck her giggles. Leeteuk was in the position to would have pinched his sister but he cannot do so out of respect.

“only jungsu would give gifts to the girl he likes.” Inyoung continued, as leeteuk looked at him warningly. “did you know what he did that made our eomma mad? He gave our eomma’s wedding ring to the girl he liked during junior high school!”

Leeteuk hid his face under the table, with an arm covering his forehead.

“and eomma, upon finding out, pulled his earlobes and spanked him with a broom. Jungsu looked really helpless that time! Haha!” inyoung continued, stressing every words.

“I don’t believe this.” Leeteuk mumbled.

“so what does leeteuk oppa do whenever he’s with the girl he likes?” seohyun asked, dumbfounded.

“you can see by the looks of him, staring.” Inyoung said. “he hardly blinks, you noticed that taeyeon?”

ne unni.” Taeyeon nodded, thinking about it too.

Leeteuk tried to calm himself by imagining his sister being chased by dogs.

“jungsu is a magnet, that’s why you should be careful.” Inyoung reminded taeyeon, who was so engrossed at her stories she was gaping all the time.

“wow, thanks noona.” Leeteuk replied again  to the opposite of what he meant.

“yah, but jungsu is an ideal guy.” Inyoung continued, leeteuk looked at her amazed for the first time. “hopeless romantic he is. Even going out with her without eomma’s approval, kekeke. But seriously, if we weren’t blood related, I would have married him.”

“what are you talking about?” leeteuk laughed.

“I’m just saying how great you are.” Inyoung rolled her eyes, embracing her brother. “seriously, any girl would be dying to claim that position of being your girl friend.”

“you talk about that as if its easy.” Leeteuk cringed, messing his sister’s face. He looked at taeyeon to see her reaction but he couldn’t detect her expression very well. She was almost expressionless. He would have hoped that she recognized his sister’s statement.

ne, we should be going now.” Inyoung smiled, as hyoyeon was about to place the tea in the table.

unni, I just got your tea.” Hyoyeon said, disappointed.

“oh, sorry about that.” Inyoung said. She snatched the tea from her and quickly ingested the contents.

“hey, slow down, that’s hot.” Leeteuk’s eyes widened in shock.

“I wouldn’t want any tea get in waste.” Inyoung blinked. “so tasty. Kamsamnida.”

“kahi unni prepared your food?” taeyeon asked.

“ne, I  should be tasting what she prepared.” Inyoung winked, putting the used porcelain cup on the saucer. She looked at leeteuk who was texting. “this guy here wanted to go home early too.”

“I just don’t want her to think that were making her wait.” Said leeteuk.

“yeah, you shouldn’t make her wait.” Taeyeon encouraged him but suddenly questioned herself for doing so. Leeteuk was surprised but he just nodded, hiding the fact that he was disappointed for her encouragement.

araso, let’s go noona.” Leeteuk said, pulling his sister to stand.

 

We Got Married House 7:30 pm

“I thought you weren’t coming for dinner.” Kahi smiled.

She was sitting at the far end of the counter table, both hands under her chin. She must have waited very long.

Inyoung clapped her hands and took a seat while leeteuk hid the house keys near at the top of the refrigerator.

“wow you can cook really well.” Inyoung gasped, looking at the vast amount of food scattered on the table. There was kimchi, bulgogi, japchae noodles, ramen bokki, and other Korean dishes.

Kahi winked. “its not that much.” She said, inviting leeteuk to sit down.

Inyoung took out her videocamera much to kahi’s surprise.

“since im investigating your housekills, I’ll start on your food.” Inyoung answered Kahi’s questioning look.

Leeteuk shook his head, smiled, and grabbed the bowl of ramen, his favorite dish.

“okay finish.” Inyoung said, clicking off the recorder button.

“that quick?” kahi asked.

“video editing will do the trick.” Inyoung said.

Kahi nodded and watched leeteuk’s sister eat.

“you went to grocery right?” she asked leeteuk, who was about to swallow.

“yes.” Said leeteuk.

“that long?” kahi asked.

“we went to snsd’s dorm.” Inyoung added, smiling. She placed a big heap of meat, wrapped in lettuce to .

unni’s close to snsd?” kahi asked, a bit surprised.

noona is particulary close to any SM artists.” Leeteuk answered for her.

“oh.” Kahi said, lowering her head.

“taeyeon’s turned pretty nowadays, ne?” inyoung suddenly blurted.

Leeteuk nodded and smiled.

Kahi looked at leeteuk playing with his food but didn’t say any word.

“that little taengoo is so cute.” Inyoung giggled. “I could have adopted her to be my sister.”

unni.” Kahi said, changing the subject.

Inyoung swallowed her food. “what?”

“do you prefer someone older or same to jungsu’s age for a girl friend?” she asked. “or younger?”

“the first one.” Inyoung said, which made kahi smile to herself.

“why?” kahi asked.

“because that girl will know how to take care of my brother.” Inyoung answered without hesitation.

“I can take care of her.” leeteuk said.

ne, but an older or same age will be nicer.” Inyoung defended, picking her kimchi.

Kahi looked like in the verge of hiding her giggles.

“but a younger one can’t be that bad.” Inyoung continued which made the after school leader stop giggling. “as long as she’s mature. “And as long as jungsu’s heart belongs to her, she has my full support.”

ne, unni?” kahi said again.

“what?” inyoung asked.

“what do you think of me and jungsu?” kahi queried.

leeteuk coughed out  his food for hearing such a thing.

“what’s that?” he asked, massaging his throat.

unni.” Kahi continued, ignoring his reaction. “im serious to your brother.”

“are you courting my brother?” inyoung laughed, surprised.

“it may look really weird.” Kahi smiled. “but I think im the right person for jungsu.”

“that’s brave of you.” Inyoung said. “but I think you know who my brother likes.”

Leeteuk bit his lip. He looked uncomfortable in a position like that.

“yes I know.” Kahi nodded.

“then you know what situation you’ll be in.” inyoung said, pointing her chopsticks to her.

Kahi smiled again. “im not afraid.” She said, looking straight at leeteuk’s eyes. “there can only be one girl after all.”

“did you know that jungsu gave her a gift?” inyoung asked, challenging her.

“he did? No.” kahi said. “its fine with me.”

“really fine with you?” inyoung asked, surprised.

“of course it’ll be nice if it was for me.” Kahi said, smiling. “but its going to be a healthy competition.”

 

8:45 pm

Leeteuk’s POV.

Noona wanted to sleep beside me in the living room so I just gave her the opportunity to sleep in the couch while I sleep on the carpet with a blanket as the only cover. We let kahi stay in the bedroom because it can only accompany two people. Noona, in her usual giddy self made a video of me and kahi preparing her bed, as well as washing the dishes and cleaning the table. She made comments while doing this, lucky for her praising mood.

 

Noona was already in her pajamas, while it took time for me to fix her bed.

“are you okay with a pillow?” I asked.

ne, kamsamnida.” Noona winked, propping the pillow.

I lied on the floor and went to look at the ceiling.

“what are you thinking?” noona asked me.

“nothing.” I replied. I turned to her and smiled. “I miss eomma.”

“she misses you too.” Noona told me.

“I should go to home soon.” I sighed, easing the crease on my sleeveless shirt.

ne.” noona agreed.

“jungsu ah.” She said.

I turned to her direction, unblinking. “noona?”

“you should be open to me from now on about your love life. I’m kind of disappointed that I know the least you know.”

“mianhe noona.” I said, apologetically.

“that's fine. do you know who my ideal girl is?” she asked me, changing the subject.

“someone older?” I retorted.

Noona laughed, slapping my stomach.

“I said that.” She agreed. “but there was really one who caught my eye for a long time now.”

“someone I know?” I asked.

“well of course, I wouldn’t think she’s an ideal if the two of you aren’t talking, ne.” noona said.

I laughed, still staring at the ceiling.

“I think she can really take care of you, no matter how your ages differ.” Noona continued.

I held my noona’s hand.

“thanks.” I whispered.

“you are so obvious, giving a bear as a gift.” She laughed, playing with my hand. She heaved out a sigh.

“I wonder what will become the two of you. Goodluck on that.” She continued.

I sighed too.

“she keeps on rejecting me.” I said, laughing at myself.

“really?” noona asked, confused. “tough girl she is.”

“I respect her decision.” I added. “whatever it may be.”

“good for you.” Noona smiled. “but your noona will always be at your service when you need support. Remember that always.”

I looked at her, holding her hand tight. Somehow in this situation, I know she is always one of the people I can run to, in times of what my heart needs. And she will always lend her hand for security, a shoulder to cry on, and a strength to share with.

“I love you noona.” I whispered, giving her a goodnight kiss.