CHAPTER 22

A dorky Heart

“shhh!”

“sorry, cant help it!”

Leeteuk ran over a hand on taeyeon’s mouth to stop her from laughing uncontrollably. It was already past three in the morning. the two were inside the suju dormitory when taeyeon decided not to go home and wanted to spend more time with leeteuk. She wasn’t satisfied of just spending time talking to him at the park.

The suju leader placed the house keys on top of the refrigerator and watched his girlfriend fumbling through the furnitures until she reached the living room.

“sorry, the floor creaking makes me laugh.” Taeyeon giggled as she reach for the couch.

Leeteuk rushed and helped taeyeon take a seat.

“are you sure you’re comfortable here?” he asked in a low voice. Taeyeon kept looking around the room like a keen observer.

ne.” she immediately leaned her head on the side of his hip.

“why don’t you want to stay in my room, I’ll let you stay in the bed.” Leeteuk suggested, the strands of her bangs.

“we might disturb ryeowook.” taeyeon said.

Leeteuk thought for a minute.

“were not going to stay up late right?” he asked. “we have activities by morning, I don’t want you staying up late.”

“I want more talk.” Taeyeon said, hitting his side.

“aww, we have the whole day to talk, taeng.” Leeteuk said.“come here.”

He reached out for her hand.

“nope.”

Leeteuk bent his head sideways.

“I don’t want my princess getting dark circles around her eyes.” He smiled, pulling her up.

He can still see taeyeon’s face under the gleaming moon light. The softness of her skin matched the rays appearing through her face.

“see, every girl needs a beauty rest.” He blurted upon admiring her features.

“I don’t want to sleep yet.” Taeyeon pouted, tugging his hand.

“you’ll get sick if you don’t sleep.” He said. “remember when you used to snooze at airports and you got captured, it looked like you were really tired.”

And he dragged her across the room.

Taeyeon kept remarking in a low voice her oppa kept on ignoring.

“see, we might disturb wookie oppa.” Taeyeon peeked to find the eternal maknae sleeping peacefully in the bed.

“hmm.. then I guess I’ll just get the blankets then.”

Leeteuk carefully tore the blanket away from his bed and took two pillows with him.

“close the door.” He whispered. Taeyeon obeyed and closed the wooden door infront them.

“so, were going to sleep in the cushion.” Taeyeon said, pointing to the couch.

annyeo, you there, me on the floor.” Leeteuk said, hauling another spare cushion from the cabinet.

He placed a lean mattress on the floor next to the couch and threw one of his pillows.

“why are you looking at me like that?” he asked a disappointed taeyeon.

“I’ll sleep beside you.” She suggested, taking a seat at the mattress.

Leeteuk sighed and took a seat too.

“what’s the difference when you sleep in the couch, ne?” he smiled, holding her hand.

“you don’t get to enjoy sleep because you don’t have a blanket.” Taeyeon said.

She lay down on the mattress and pulled leeteuk by the hand to lie down too.

“its better if we share the blanket. what’s the matter?” she asked.

“aren’t you afraid sleeping next to me?” leeteuk knew that it was a silly question but he wanted to make sure how taeyeon would react.

“I’m not, why should I, I’m actually more excited.” Taeyeon responded which made him laugh.“and you already slept with kahi unni, so it wouldn’t make a real difference sleeping with another girl.

“you sounded as if sleeping with someone is no big deal.” Leeteuk smiled.

“lie down so I can hug you.” She invited him.

“you’re comfortable sleeping in a dress?” leeteuk suddenly asked.

Taeyeon looked at her own outfit and realized that was wearing a black party dress because she was supposed to have a post concert celebration with snsd.

“oh, I forgot about that.” she mused, sitting up.

Leeteuk thought for a minute.

“wait here.” He said.

Taeyeon watched as leeteuk went inside his room.

He came back changing his outfit in a white shirt and flowery shorts.

“wear this.” He shove taeyeon a piece of his clothes.

“ nice shorts.” Taeyeon commented and scanned the living room to find the suju’s comfort room.

Leeteuk lay down on the mattress. His back really ache from the simultaneous waving of pink light stick at the concert. It was a good experience. He experienced being a fan, watching idols. He experienced watching taeyeon perform and even dedicated a song to him which was really surprising. Everything was like a breeze. One moment he felt like the world was against him and now everything was back the way it was. Except that the girl he loves is now his girlfriend.

Taeyeon emerged from the bathroom, smiling at him.

“how do I look?” she asked.

“it looks like it fits you.” Leeteuk was in awe to find that his shorts fit on her except that the shirt was too long.

“I look like I’m wearing a shirt night gown.” Taeyeon laughed, modeling the outfit.

“do you need a jacket?” leeteuk asked as taeyeon crossed the room.

“nope, I already have you.” Taeyeon said, lying beside him.

She reached out for his hand.

“lie down. Hug.” She ordered.

“your jacket needs to sleep too.” Leeteuk kidded, placing his arm around taeyeon’s waist.

“you can sleep doing this. “ taeyeon said. “I’m actually comfortable if you ask me.”

“haven’t you ask me if I’m comfortable?” leeteuk kidded again. taeyeon nudged him in the ribs.

“ow.”

She faced leeteuk until their bodies were almost a cm apart.

“don’t tell me youre going to sleep facing me?” leeteuk was confused.

“why not?”

“are you more comfortable with this?” leeteuk asked. “I might melt.”

“aish.”

Taeyeon leaned her head closer to her beau.

“ I love your scent.” she inhaled.

“that’s weird, I love your scent too.” Leeteuk said, sniffing taeyeon’s cheek.

 “you smell like honey.” She nuzzled leeteuk’s nose. “what perfume are you wearing? Mine’s vanilla scent.”

“actually, nothing.” He smiled.

“really?” taeyeon cringed her eyebrows and went to sniff leeteuk’s cheek one more time. “that’s weird. You really smell good.”

“youre tickling me.” He chuckled, motioning taeyeon to stop.

He tightened his arm around taeyeon’s waist.

ne, you should sleep now.” He said, patting her back. “every baby needs to sleep.”

“you sleep first.” Taeyeon said.

mwo, I should be the one watching you.” Leeteuk said.

Taeyeon ran a hand on his delicate face. She remembered doing the same when they had a practice for sm town.

“I want to see how you sleep.”

“i just sleep like someone else.” He replied, biting his lip.

Taeyeon laughed and shook her head. She felt so surreal knowing that he was already at her side.

“hey, what should I call you from now on?” she suddenly thought.

she knew that couples in korea fondly call each other through nicknames. The thought of calling leeteuk in weird names make her laugh.

“what do you want to call me?” leeteuk asked.

oppa sounds like the same.” Taeyeon said, placing her arm around his torso. “I want to ignore honorifics.”

“that’ll be weirder.” Leeteuk smiled, imagining taeyeon calling him by his first name.

“it will look like were on the same age.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“call me anything you like.”

“taeng, lets sleep.” He continued, leaning his face next to her.

Taeyeon pointed on her lips again.

“goodnight taeng.” Leeteuk whispered, giving her a peck.

Taeyeon smiled and gently closed her eyes.

-----------------------

8:45 am suju dormitory

Taeyeon opened her eyes and blinked. Yesung was looking at him, almost a few inches away, busily brushing his teeth. He was looking at taeyeon as if she was a peculiar thing to see.

His eyes were just all over her, ready to popped out.

mwo—“ taeyeon sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“goodmorning.” Yesung said through his brisk brushing.

Taeyeon bowed and scanned the area. She remembered that leeteuk was with her before she went to sleep. Now she woke up all by herself.

“um---“ taeyeon scratched her head and squinted at the sudden ray of light emerging from the balcony near the living room.

“you are wearing guy clothes.” Yesung noticed.

“who’s wearing guy clothes?” donghae emerged from the bathroom and spotted taeyeon.

“ah, I see.” He said, waving at her.

Taeyeon looked around again. no signs of leeteuk.

“where is he?” she asked donghae.

“we haven’t seen each other since last night.” Donghae replied.

Taeyeon stood up and went to look for the suju leader. He wasn’t inside his room either.

“hey have breakfast.” Ryeowook blurted upon seeing her pass the kitchen area.

Taeyeon nodded and lazily slouched on the kitchen nook, watching ryeowook fry some rice. She was still sleepy, but the sudden absence of her beau bothered her.

“what’s with the face?” the eternal maknae noticed her glum expression.

“I don’t see him anywhere.” Taeyeon responded as ryeowook placed a heap of rice at her plate.

“oh, you miss him already? He must be somewhere.” Ryeowook shrugged. “usually he would be having calls in the morning from manager hyung, briefing up his activities. They would really talk that long.”

“oh.” Taeyeon scratched her eyes. So this was leeteuk’s routine.

“hey, a visitor.” Kyuhyun suddenly came out from nowhere, still in his dorm clothes. “and wearing my hyung’s clothes.”

“jealous?” taeyeon grinned, bragging her wear.

“hey.” Donghae rushed towards kyuhyun’s side, facing taeyeon.

“does this mean that?”

“mean what?” taeyeon leaned her head to comprehend.

Kyuhyun placed an arm around donghae’s shoulders

aish hyung, don’t you get it?” kyuhyun shook his head. “she’s wearing his clothes, obviously the’yre an item.”

Donghae’s mouth gape a little in shock but couldn’t hide his happy expression in between.

“so you’re a couple now?” donghae sat close to taeyeon.

“yes.” Leeteuk answered for him.

“sorry, I just bought something from the grocery, it shouldn’t have been long but manager hyung called me.” He told taeyeon as he placed the plastic bags near ryeowook.

“you already bought me a new apron!” ryeowook gushed at the yellow material at the top of the plastic.

ne. sorry, were you looking for me?” leeteuk neared taeyeon to observe the reaction appearing on her face.

“I thought you already went to work.” Taeyeon pouted.

“I’m not going to work without telling you.” He smiled, pinching her cheek.

Kyuhyun crossed in between leeteuk’s space and taeyeon’s.

“excuse me?” leeteuk gently pulled the maknae away from his view but kyuhyun won’t budge.

“I’m getting a little competition here.” Kyuhyun said, referring to taeyeon.

“what are you talking about, I’m not stealing your eomma.” Taeyeon laughed, pulling him away.

------------------------------

SM TOP FLOOR: LEE SOOMAN’S ROOM

 

Lee sooman busily scanned through one of the folders in his desk and sighed through a couple of contract papers waiting to be signed. The contract papers are recently from a new batch of trainees who swore under his entertainment. More and more trainees are waiting to be discovered in the industry and all are willing to put out unique skills for popularity.

He was getting old. He was glad though that the company he put up was one of the most successful companies in korea, mainly because of the entertainers ability to influence most of the people. Everyone likes a good music and dance every now and then. He also started as an entertainer before entering himself into a management.

Lee soo man smiled through the sample pictures of his trainees. He knew that someday, most of them will leave marks in the industry because of their skills. That was one of his objectives, its not all about money, its all about giving people the chance to showcase their hidden talents.

He founded so many idol groups and he was credited much for discovering them. And where they are now? Flying high through first class airplanes and travelling to the other parts of the world. One of the groups were super junior and snsd.

Super junior was discovered in 2005 and was first idealized to be a temporary group. Lee soo man realized super junior’s overwhelming popularity and decided to retain the group in 2006. Then he discovered snsd in 2007 when super junior was already one of the most successful groups. The presence of nine girls singing and dancing on the stage was one of his ideas and it really went well. Now snsd is being idolized by many girls because of their exuding confidence and playful aura.

“come in.” lee soo man’s head turned up to see his visitor.

It was one of his talents. All clad in white v-neck long sleeves shirt and grey pants. The talent bowed in recognition and took a seat through one of his chairs.

“manager hyung said that you wanted to talk to me.” Leeteuk commented.

“don’t you want to talk to me also?” lee sooman smiled.

ne, I guess I have to clarify some things.” The suju leader straightened himself up on his seat.

Lee sooman stared at his talent. He was so amazed of how leeteuk build up a name on the industry. He was not just a singer and a dancer, he is also a dj and an mc in various variety shows. Lee sooman can almost see himself in leeteuk when he was a lot younger. He had a lot of dreams back then.

“did you know that miss kim was here two weeks ago?” lee sooman asked.

ne, manager hyung told me everything about it.” leeteuk said.

“and I guess after these two weeks something came up?”

Leeteuk nodded.

“taeyeon and I are exclusively dating.” He said.

Lee sooman leaned his head on the chair.

“I was expecting that.” he smiled. It was true, he even told taeyeon the would be consequence of her actions.

“so you also knew my conditions on that?” lee sooman asked.

“yes, I know you wouldn’t change your mind regarding the situation.” Leeteuk said. “I know that you wouldn’t want the relationship to be publicized.”

“everyone knows in the agency that no one is allowed to date a co-talent.” The president emphasized. “but I also knew that no one can stop themselves from having a good relationship, so I am allowing you and miss kim. But really from that responsibility, I assume that you have to keep your relationship in secret to avoid being targeted by the media.”

Leeteuk nodded again.

“I’m already grateful that you allowed us to be together.” he said, bowing.

“I’m happy and contented that you know the boundaries, jungsu.” Lee sooman intertwined his hands.

sunbaenim.” Leeteuk said. “we promise that we’ll take responsibility for all our actions. I won’t let you down”

“yes, yes, I do believe you.” The president smiled. “shall we talk of more conditions?”

------------------------------

“how was it?” taeyeon was inside the practice room area, sitting comfortably on the edge of the dance floor when leeteuk entered.

“he talked about the conditions in our relationship.” Leeteuk replied.

Taeyeon scratched her head.

“yeah, the media thing, not to tell something about us right?” she said upon stretching her legs.

“yes, by all means deny it.” leeteuk said.

He began to wonder if taeyeon really approved of the idea.

“are you fine with it?” he stared at her with such gaze as if he hadn’t seen her for a long time.

“we have no other choice right?” she concluded. “we’re still under the agency and there’s a policy about idols here. But he still allowed us to date just as long as we won’t divulge any information about us.”

“glad we think the same.” Leeteuk put his arm around her neck to lean on to. Taeyeon felt so comfortable resting on his arms.

oppa.” Taeyeon suddenly wondered. “I told everyone in the concert that I have feelings for you.”

“well, you didn’t say that I’m your boyfriend right?” leeteuk smiled.

ne. im just wondering how will people react.”

“our fans will understand.” The suju leader knew very well that their fans can protect their secret.

“how was your practice?” leeteuk changed the topic.

“tiring. Did I say tiring?” taeyeon drank the last contents of her water and wiped some sweat off the sides of her face. “next sm town concert. I must be lean haha.”

“if you refrain yourself from eating carbs, you will.” Leeteuk kissed her cheek.

mwo—but I love eating.” Taeyeon stood up, putting her hands on her hips.

“okay fine, you eat.” Leeteuk laughed, watching her.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, turned her back on her beau and headed for the cd player.

“what are you doing?”

Taeyeon pressed the play button.

“I’m going to exercise.” She said, walking on the center of the stage.

“you won’t get thinner in a day.” leeteuk laughed again at taeyeon’s sudden determination.

“yah, why do you always make fun of me?” she pouted.

“its because I love you.” Leeteuk said.

“isn’t love supposed to be encouraging?”

“I’m already encouraging you.” Leeteuk said, standing up.

“well, you don’t look like one.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue.

Leeeuk sighed.

“do you really want a serious business?” he suddenly asked.

“what do you mean, jungsu?” taeyeon kidded.

Leeteuk headed for the cd player too.

“if you think that I’m making fun of you, go ahead and practice and then I’ll encourage.” He said as he turned the volume a notch higher.

Taeng looked at him in a puzzled way.

“go ahead taeng, dance.” Leeteuk encouraged.

yah jungsu, stop kidding me.” Taeyeon laughed, shaking her head.

Leeteuk was not compliant.

“hey why suddenly serious?” she waved her hands on his face but he was expressionless.

yah.” Taeyeon continued waving her hand until leeteuk got hold of her wrist.

“practice taeng.” He said again.

Taeyeon started doing a few steps and looked helplessly at his sullen expression. She didn’t knew that he could be quite different when he’s serious.

“okay fine I’m wrong.” She stopped.

Leeteuk bent his head.

“why did you stop?” he asked. “youre supposed to be dancing to lose weight right?”

“I’ll play the cd again, and then you dance, araso?” he said, pressing the play button.

Taeyeon shook her head.

yah, I don’t want this kind of leeteuk.” She said pouting. “please stop that, its scary.”

“you want to see how I encourage you right?”

ne, ne.” taeyeon eased the folds of her clothing. “but youre scary, I miss my leeteuk.”

Leeteuk’s sudden blank expression changed into a sweet smile.

“see.” He said, going towards her. “you still prefer this part of me.”

“I’m sorry.” She said, embracing him.

“its okay, love.” Leeteuk said, returning the favor. “so, are you going to practice again?”

“you won’t get serious?” taeyeon inched her head away from his chest to catch a glimpse of his face.

Leeteuk pinched her waist.

“of course I have to get serious a tinsy bit.” He chuckled. “or else you won’t take me seriously.”

“do I look like I don’t take you seriously?”

“maybe.” Leeteuk kidded. “lets see how well you prepare for the concert.”