CHAPTER 30

A dorky Heart

November 2018

“and this is sukira signing off, bye bye.mmmwuah!”

Leeteuk clicked off the on-air button and slumped on his chair.

“tiring huh?” eunhyuk looked at him and smiled.

Leeteuk nodded and heave out few deep breaths. it seemed as though age has been tricking him lately.

 “what’s for dinner?” eunhyuk asked as he checked for his bag.

“you’re coming to the house for dinner? Ask your girlfriend instead.” Leeteuk laughed.

mwo? Hyoyeon’s got a girl date with soo young.”

Leeteuk pouted and went to pat enhyuk’s hair. The sj monkey has been in a relationship with snsd’s dancing queen but both remained doing their single life activities.

“serves you well.” He winked as he reached out for his bag.

“next DJs thank you guys.” The manager of the radio station waved at the two.

Leeteuk and eunhyuk stood up from their seats, bowed to the staffs and headed outside. They waved at the fans waiting for them at the lounge and stood still for a couple of seconds for picture taking.

hyung, donghae, siwon and I are going for a drink later, want to come?” eunhyuk asked as he and leeteuk entered the elevator.

“what’s the occasion?” asked the skeptic leeteuk.

“nothing, just want to have a boys night out.” Eunhyuk said. “and remember we’ll have the anniversary the day after tomorrow.”

“why don’t you have a drink at the dorm?” leeteuk suggested. It seemed like only a few years. Now he has aged enough and super junior is already in its thirteenth anniversary.

Eunhyuk liked the idea of drinking out at the dorm but shook his head afterwards.

“nah, clubbing is better.” He blurted.

The eternal suju leader pushed for the ground floor button.

“ I see.”

“so you want to come?”

“sorry, I can’t. commander in chief will get mad at me.” Leeteuk smiled. “ah… here’s my service.”

Leeteuk waited as a shiny white chevrolet car parked infront of him, laughing at the driver’s way of stopping the car.

“guess I’ll be seeing you tomorrow.” He waved at eunhyuk.

ne, hyung, see you.”

Leeteuk briskly entered the car and smiled at his driver.

“hi honey, tiring night?” taeyeon greeted as she leaned forward to him for a kiss.

“slight.” Leeteuk said, returning the favor. “what’s for dinner?”

Taeyeon stirred the wheel.

“your favorite ramen.” She said, taking time to look for cars on the road.

“wow.”

“hey, I’ve been checking other recipes for a while.” She said as she held leeteuk’s hand. he grabbed on to his arm rest for taeyeon’s speed driving. “I don’t want my husband thinking of me as a girl who can only cook ramen.”

“isn’t ramen wife better?” leeteuk joked. Taeyeon poked him at the head. “ouch.”

“you always have a quirky sense of humor.” She mumbled, stopping at the traffic light.

Leeteuk smiled and stared at the two pictures hanging at the car mirror.

“wait, if you’re here.” He gaped, staring at taeyeon. “who’s taking care of seunghoon and seollie?”

“kahi unni and inyoung unni.” Taeyeon said, giving him a firm grip on the hand. “you really need someone strong to take care of the babies.”

“I’ll be taking a day off tomorrow so I can watch over them.” Leeteuk volunteered.

--------------------------------

PARK CONDOMINIUM

“we’re home!” taeyeon and leeteuk took of their shoes and switched to matching blue and pink slippers.

Kahi turned around to see the visitor.

“oh look mooncake, there’s your mommy and daddy.” Kahi used the baby girl’s hand to wave at the two.

“hey, won’t yoochun get mad at you for staying a bit long here?” leeteuk asked as he reached out for his baby. “hi seollie, daddy’s home. Did you miss me?”

Seollie looked at her dad with her goggling brown eyes and flashed a tiny smile.

“oh look, she has dimples too.” Kahi gushed. She turned towards leeteuk. “nope, he’s got a taping so he’ll just drop by to fetch me here.”

Leeteuk nodded.

“really thankyou for taking care of the babies.” He said, tapping her at the shoulder.

Kahi laughed and gently pinched his arm.

“I’m always around.” she replied.

Leeteuk smiled and looked at his sister, Inyoung, surprised at the way she dressed up his baby boy.

noona, seunghoon will be mistaken for a puppy because of you.” he laughed.

“isn’t he the cutest?” inyoung made a gentle push at the baby boy’s nose. “seung hoon really looks like his daddy.”

Leeteuk watched as his baby played with his rattle.

“you’ll be musically inclined just like your mom.” He winked at him.

ne, dinner’s ready.” Taeyeon called out as she placed some utensils and plates on the table.

“you eat dinner while I watch over the twins.” She told leeteuk who was approaching her.

“taeng, you haven’t eaten yet,  I’ll just eat with the babies.” Leeteuk touched her hand. “hmm.. do we still have baby food here? Ah.. carrots.”

Leeteuk reached out for a bottle of mashed carrots from the cabinet.

kamsamnida, appa teukie.” Taeyeon smiled as she handed him a pair of bib.

“you’re welcome, hon.” leeteuk kissed taeyeon’s cheek. “ah… taking care of three babies, isn’t life so beautiful?”

“three babies?” taeyeon scratched her head.

“yeah, three babies.” Leeteuk stared at her blankly. “you’re the other one.”

aish.” Taeyeon messed up his hair.

Leeteuk happily went to the living room to join seung hoon and seollie.

“I guess home work is easy for you with teukie around huh?” kahi smiled as taeyeon took her seat.

ne.”

“yoochun and I are not into kids yet but who knows.” Kahi said while mashing her vegetables.

“I’ll be glad to take care of your kids too.” Inyoung volunteered.

yah, unni, you should get married soon.” Taeyeon blurted. She laughed while watching over leeteuk feeding the twins. both babies seemed so interested in his airplane feeding.

“I think I’m already settled taking care of your babies.” Inyoung said as she looks upon the living room too. “not all husbands are like jungsu.”

ne.” taeyon and kahi agreed.

“can you tell us again how you delivered the babies?” kahi asked, interested.

Taeyeon was still staring at leeteuk doing an airplane feeding but turned her attention towards them.

“it wasn’t that tough, I was scheduled to have a caesarian section anyways because they’re twins.” she said. “but leeteuk stayed with me the whole time.”

“how much coffee did he have that time?” inyoung laughed. “oh yeah, I think a dozen because he didn’t sleep. Eomma kept on scolding him because he knew how leeteuk behaves with caffeine into his system.”

“he was too excited.” Taeyeon laughed too. “and imagine the whole suju boys and snsd waiting outside the delivery room. We have to settle guards outside the hospital because reporters kept on butting in.”

The memories of the reporters climbing around the hospital just to get a glimpse of the twins slightly freaked her out.

“but you didn’t look like you’ve delivered twins really.” Kahi noticed. “you still look slim.”

“I did exercises to shed off baby fat.” Taeyeon said. “people won’t mistake teukie for a dad too because he still looked like in his twenties.”

She looked again at leeteuk who was busy scraping off the carrots from the bottle.

“happy marriage.” Inyoung concluded. “makes the parents look like in their twenties.”

“it’s the best thing.” Taeyeon said as leeteuk laughed off upon seeing seunghoon mashing his food with a rattle.

“are you talking about me?” leeteuk called out.

“no.” inyoung lied.

Leeteuk’s gaze met taeyeon’s.

“hon?”

“yes, baby?”

“I think seollie needs diaper change.” He said, wrinkling his nose.

-----------------------------

Seung hoon and seollie’s baby room

 

“enough milk?” leeteuk asked as he propped some newly prepared milk bottles near the crib.

“yeah, I think.” Taeyeon replied.

She checked on the baby monitor before placing the object to the top of the crib.

“just want to make sure we hear them properly.” She smiled, turning the volume to a notch.

Leeteuk checked on the edges of the crib too.

“pillows intact. I think they’re okay.” He said.

He took a seat near taeyeon at the couch and they both watched as the twins make little movements of their own while sleeping. Seunghoon almost invaded the whole area by placing his leg on top of seollie’s.

“you should be sleeping, you took care of them the whole day.” leeteuk told taeyeon as he pushed her bangs away from her eyes. “I’ll just be the one to get up when they need food.”

“okay.” Taeyeon said.

“I’ll watch over them too tomorrow while you have taping.” Leeteuk said.

heechul already told him that he will be available to assist the twins.

 “its funny how heechul oppa has so much patience with them.” she said, leaning her head towards her husband’s shoulder.

“hey, are you sleeping? I can bring you to the room.” Leeteuk said gently.

“nope, I’m okay, maybe a little tired.”

Leeteuk wrapped his arm around taeyeon.

“hey, you went to the doctor right? What did she say?” he asked while patting her arm.

“she said I’m not producing enough milk.” Taeyeon laughed. She covered her face with her hands. “aish, so embarrassing.”

“because you’re slim?” leeteuk looked at her, removing her hands.

“genetics I think. Eomma had troubles feeding us too.” Taeyeon suddenly yawned.

“I guess we have enough baby formula to supply?” leeteuk asked.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“mother’s milk is still the best.”

“aww…”

“but there’s a therapy for that, I need your contribution too.” Taeyeon smiled. She remembered how the doctor suggested her having therapies.

Leeteuk nodded.

“what is it then?”

“body massage, hahaha.”

“so there must be a kind of oil for that, huh?” he asked.

“any will do.” taeyeon said. “husband therapy massage will help the mother produce milk.”

Leeteuk nodded again and yawned too.

“okay, we’ll do it tomorrow when you get home.” he continued patting her arm.

Taeyeon immediately changed the topic.

“I’m happy you know.”

“hmm..?”

“this married life thing.” Taeyeon said. “and the babies.”

“double blessings.” Leeteuk agreed. Seunghoon stretched his legs and made little punches on the air.

“hyperactive like you.” Taeyeon watched seunghoon.

ne.”

Leeteuk giggled and paid attention to the wedding picture hanging on the baby room.

“was there a thing you regretted during our wedding?” he asked.

Taeyeon smiled. She remembered how all their fans gathered outside the church during their wedding. How big LCD projectors were placed outside so all can witness the event. How all the superjunior and snsd became their bridesmaids and groomsmen.

“I think I won’t regret that because it’s your birthday.” Taeyeon concluded. “so double celebration even from the start.”

Leeteuk smiled.

“you looked so beautiful that day.” he gushed, imagining the wedding as an all white event.

 “so how do I look now?” Taeyeon pouted. “do I look ugly?”

“even more beautiful.” Leeteuk blinked. “the most beautiful mommy with the most beautiful babies.”

“thank you.”

Taeyeon gave leeteuk a peck.

ne, I’ll bring you to the room.” He smiled, holding taeyeon up. “we should sleep.”

-----------------------------

Seoul shopping mall

“make sure you return early.” Leeteuk told heechul.

ne, I’ll just get seollie a nice pair of ballerina clothes, ne seollie?” heechul cooed at the 4th month old baby. “see you later.”

Leeteuk watched as heechul and seollie entered the baby store.

“I guess that leaves you to daddy huh? Mommy’s got a commercial taping with your snsd aunties.” Leeteuk talked to seunghoon.

Seunghoon smiled and touched leeteuk’s cheek with his fist.

“oi, you have dimples too?” leeteuk laughed. “oh my gosh, many ladies will drown into that dimples someday.”

Leeteuk bit his lip and began to play with the seunghoon’s tiny arms.

“how about you, I name you super baby from your super junior daddy.” He gushed as seunghoon make tiny giggles of his own.

“that’s a smiling baby you got there.” An ahjumma took a seat beside leeteuk at the fountain area. Leeteuk bowed and smiled too.

“your baby brother?”the ahjumma touched seunghoon’s hand. “where are the parents?”

“I’m the father.” Leeteuk laughed.

The ahjumma stared at him.

“well you don’t look like one.” She said, surprised.

“I get that comment all the time.” Leeteuk said, adjusting seunghoon’s baby wrap. Seunghoon made tiny noises that amused him and the old lady.

“actually they’re twins.” leeteuk told the ahjumma. “a boy and a girl.”

“really? So somewhere with the mommy?”

“with uncle.” Leeteuk said, referring to heechul.

“where’s the mommy then? Separated?”

Leeteuk laughed at the statement.

“she’s in a taping.” He said gently. He took out his wallet and presented a photo of taeyeon to the old lady. “here’s seonghoon’s mommy.”

“oh how pretty.” The ahjumma smiled at the picture. She stared at the picture again and started cringing her eyebrows. “wait, this is snsd’s leader.”

“yes, she’s my wife.” Leeteuk said, removing his shades. “I’m leeteuk.”

“you’re superjunior leader?” the ahjumma backed off a little to glimpse at leeteuk’s image. He nodded.

“oh, I always assume super junior leader is handsome.” The ahjumma smiled. “I guess i’m right all the time.”

“thank you.”

Leeteuk gazed around and noticed some photographers circulating the area. He looked at seunghoon starting to feel uneasy.

ahjumma.” He said, standing up. “nice to meet you. But I think I need to go away, my baby’s not comfortable with photographers.”

“nice to meet you then super junior leader.”

-----------------------------

“oi, you’re here?” heechul was shocked to see leeteuk entering the baby store.

Leeteuk looked around before placing seunghoon next to seollie.

“photographers.” He laughed.

Seollie began hitting leeteuk’s nose with her plastic wand.

“I thought ballerina, why fairy?” he asked heechul while playing with seollie’s hair.

“I’m buying both.” Heechul said.

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows and placed the twins to the couch.

“you’re spoiling my babies.” He said as he brought out two bottles of milk from his baby bag. “ne, seollie and seunghoon, drink your milk so you’ll be tall like daddy.”

Heechul smirked at leeteuk’s statement.

“daddy is 5’10, only with shoelifts.” He told the babies.

aish, don’t in with my parenting.” Leeteuk shushed him away.

mwo? That’s why they have godparents, I’m the best godfather around.” heechul boasted. “see, seollie and seunghoon agrees with me.”

Leeteuk laughed at the way the twins started giggling.

“you guys laugh just like your mom.” He smiled.

Heechul showed leeteuk a pair of fire fighter clothes. “how about this?”

“seunghoon do you like those clothes?” leeteuk asked. “no I think he doesn’t.”

“you’re the one who doesn’t, aish.” Heechul shook his head. “miss, I’ll take this.”

The saleslady giggled once accepting heechul’s ordered clothes.

“taengoo will be shocked to see so many clothes later.” Leeteuk said as seollie rested on his lap.

“more clothes, the better.”

“the baby cabinet will burst.” Leeteuk mirrored the cabinet filled with too much baby clothes from their godparents.

“buy another cabinet.” Heechul suggested.

“can we drop by the grocery later?” leeteuk asked.

Heechul gaped at him.

“oh yeah the anniversary.”

------------------------------

SNSD COMMERCIAL TAPING AND PHOTOSHOOT

“oh my gosh, unni, they’re so cute.” Tiffany did an aegyo as taeyeon showed them her digital camera filled with photos of her twins. seunghoon and seollie were smiling and dressed in their snsd and super junior costumes.

“how old are they?” hyoyeon asked.

“four months.” Taeyeon blinked. “hey, they’ll be celebrating their 4th month birthday at 15 so you better come.”

“I’ll bring a cake.” Sunny took a seat beside taeyeon. “sungmin oppa will bake.”

Taeyeon looked at her, confused.

“since when you and sungmin started dating again?” taeyeon questioned as she put off her camera.

“last week.” Sunny grinned.

“I see.” Taeyeon nodded. She flipped open her phone to check for some messages.

“husband says, suju pre- anniversary celebration at their dorms tonight, will you come?” she asked the girls.

“I will.” Yoona said in between her camera takes.

“all of us will.” Jessica said.

“hmm.” Taeyeon bit her lip. “we’ll have another car then so we could go all together.”

------------------------------

GROCERY STORE

“why don’t we just take out food, it’ll be less worrisome if we do.” heechul looked at leeteuk who was keeping himself busy by reading food labels.

“is this baby safe?” leeteuk asked, holding the can. “oh, I told that to wookie but he said he wants to cook.”

He placed five cans of baby food next to seollie and seunghoon on the cart.

“If we ask food from our sponsors, it’ll be easy.” Heechul rolled his eyes.

Leeteuk paid his attention to his babies hitting cans with their milk bottles.

“that’s quite true.” He agreed as Seollie started kicking the cans. “baby, that’s your food.”

“why don’t you call wookie anyways, you have your leader powers.” Heechul suggested, rolling his eyes.

 leeteuk liked the idea.

“I guess that will do.”

“see, I’m suju’s most sensible man.” Heechul smirked.

“tell that to kyu and he will smash you to pieces.” Leeteuk laughed as he push the cart.

Heechul laughed too but immediately stopped afterwards.

“are you smelling something?” he asked.

“what do you mean?”

Heechul sniffed again.

“p-o-o-p?” he questioned. Seunghoon giggled while playing with leeteuk’s diaper bag.

“seunghoon, is that you?” leeteuk stopped pushing the cart and went near seunghoon to check his diaper.

“oh yeah, its you.” he concluded.

Leeteuk carried the little boy to his arms. “chullie, can you pay for the baby food, I’ll just pay you later. And bring seollie too.”

“okay.” Heechul nodded. “yah.”

“what?”

“how will you change diapers if there’s no diaper change area in the men’s room?” heechul blinked.

Leeteuk laughed.

“what’s the sink doing anyways?” he giggled, carrying his baby bag.

------------------------------

SUPER JUNIOR DORMITORY

“why’s the food taking so long?the girls are already here.” Ryeowook placed his hand on his hips as sungmin opened the door for heechul and leeteuk.

“they killed the chickens first.” Heechul said, walking past him

“aww, seunghoon and seollie are here.” Sungmin cooed at seollie spreading her arms to her uncle. “come to uncle, seollie.”

“seunghoon vomited in the car, we have to clean it up.” Leeteuk confessed as sungmin started playing with seollie’s plastic wand.

“ah, okay.”

Leeteuk looked around and saw some familiar decorations in the ceiling.

“shindong made this?” he smiled.

“yesung too.” Ryeowook added.

hyung!” leeteuk heard familiar footsteps approaching him.

“there’s my hyung!” donghae embraced the leader. “oh you have seunghoonie too!”

“seunghoonie?” leeteuk scratched his head as donghae stole seunghoon from his arms.

“I gave him a nickname.” Donghae winked. “ne, seunghoonie, uncle will bring you to your aunties and to your mommy.”

“is the food enough?” leeteuk asked ryeowook as sungmin and donghae went to the living room.

“I guess, yeah, its just right.” Ryeowook said.

Leeteuk helped ryewook carry beverages to the kitchen.

“its been awhile, huh.” Ryewook said as he and leeteuk wrapped open the food.

“yeah.”

“where are the others?” leeteuk asked, referring to the sj boys.

“all are here except for siwon hyung and yesung hyung, they’ll be fetching kibum.”

“that’s great.” Leeteuk said.

“ah… I smell food, I’m starving!” kangin entered the kitchen area and feasted his eyes on the chicken.

yah, you can’t eat yet, no blessings.” Leeteuk laughed.

“one will do.” kangin said, taking a bite as Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

aish, gluttony.” The third maknae muttered.

Leeteuk saw taeyeon peeking at the kitchen area.

yah, taengoo, join us.” kangin waved.

ne.”

“how’s the commercial?” leeteuk asked as taeyeon immediately sat on his lap.

“its nice, and  they like the baby pictures.” Taeyeon smiled.

“try this.” Leeteuk fed her with rice cake. “good?”

“mmm, where’d you buy this?” taeyeon asked.

“somewhere out there.” Leeteuk laughed. “I know you haven’t have streetfood in a while so I bought one.”

Kangin sat on the kitchen table and stared at the two.

“how long have you been married again?” he asked.

“one year and four months.” Taeyeon replied, fixing leeteuk’s hair. “why?”

“I feel like I want to get married too.” Kangin blurted.

 Leeteuk did his high pitch laugh.

“find a good partner first.”He said, wrapping his arms around taeyeon’s waist. “hon, are you hearing something?”

“hear what?”

Taeyeon cringed her eyebrows and focused at the sound she’s hearing from the living room.

“seollie’s singing?” she asked.

“more like it, yeah.” Leeteuk held her hand.

“I don’t hear anything, it looked like she’s babbling.” Kangin muttered.

Taeyeon smiled.

“its different when a parent hears it.” she said, leaning towards leeteuk’s cheek.